Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Republican Watch

#521  Postby Animavore » Feb 10, 2019 4:12 pm

I love when Republicans tacitly admit they're racist. The argument they use is literally, "Ah-ha! Hypocrite! You're racist too!" There's never a concern that racism is wrong or harmful in their argument. Only objective is goal scoring.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#522  Postby The_Piper » Feb 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Some act as if calling out racism is a part of political correctness, when it's simply a part of correctness.
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#523  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 10, 2019 6:50 pm

felltoearth wrote:This was largely my issue with Seth Meyers video that spent considerable time shitting on Phil Robertson’s hillbilly style than the unbelievable crap coming out of his mouth. Repubs tend to shit on blacks and minorities to get votes and urban dems shit on white poor “deplorables.” Class and race are an issue in modern America and the two major parties benefit by pitting the lowest classes against each other.

That's an interesting perspective. I'd never thought of "deplorables" as a reference to poor people.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#524  Postby Animavore » Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Conservatives Are Whining Because No One Wants to Date Them
Apparently it's not easy to get laid in the capital if you're a Republican.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/gy89 ... BGCgO1Hc4k

Swiping left for the Right.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#525  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm

I thought they had their own dating and hookup apps.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#526  Postby Animavore » Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Hinder.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#527  Postby Willie71 » Feb 10, 2019 8:13 pm

ImageIMG_0053 by Wjkrywko, on Flickr
We should probably go for a can of vegetables because not only would it be a huge improvement, you'd also be able to eat it at the end.
Willie71

Name: Warren Krywko
Male

Canada (ca)

Birthday
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#528  Postby felltoearth » Feb 10, 2019 9:20 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:
felltoearth wrote:This was largely my issue with Seth Meyers video that spent considerable time shitting on Phil Robertson’s hillbilly style than the unbelievable crap coming out of his mouth. Repubs tend to shit on blacks and minorities to get votes and urban dems shit on white poor “deplorables.” Class and race are an issue in modern America and the two major parties benefit by pitting the lowest classes against each other.

That's an interesting perspective. I'd never thought of "deplorables" as a reference to poor people.

She used it in reference to “half of Trump’s” supporters. That’s a pretty big net when you don’t specify which half.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#529  Postby The_Piper » Feb 10, 2019 10:11 pm

I got a $128 tax break for the year from the Republicans. They're so great! that was the massive tax break Rebuplicans boasted we were getting for Christmas last year. Woo I saved $10 a month, while the US lost hundreds of billions or over a trillion in revenue from rich people and corporations each year, costing our economy, infrastructure, health, yada yada yada. That's not a worthwhile tradeoff from my limited income perspective. But because they tied removing the individual health insurance mandate from "Obamacare" to their massive revenue theft, ahem, I mean tax cut, I spent $192 more on my health insurance premium. Not to mention my copays on prescriptions and appointments went up, in a couple of cases pricing me right out of the medicine my doctors thought I should take. I haven't calculated that loss yet, but it could be a 4 digit number for the year. I've been winning so much, I'm tired of it. Thanks "conservatives!"
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#530  Postby The_Piper » Feb 10, 2019 10:36 pm

I can't easily find a number for how much revenue was lost in that tax bill. I understand it's not easy to put a relatively hard number on it, but I think the range is in the hundreds of billions per year, not over a trillion.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#531  Postby Alan C » Feb 10, 2019 11:22 pm

Willie71 wrote:ImageIMG_0053 by Wjkrywko, on Flickr

Hmm, I would say a significant number of Democrats have plenty of blame to assign to billionaires rather than just specifically Republicans. Possibly a chunk of Republicans too considering the polls showing high support for taxing the rich more.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#532  Postby willhud9 » Feb 10, 2019 11:26 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

The south has problems with racism. And water is wet. Film at 11.

It also is no indication that either Northam or Herring are still racist.

Back in 2010 when I was 19 years old I had racist views and said racist things. I had no problem using the n-word.

I educated myself. I changed. People can do that.

The fact that the right are gleefully accusing Northam and Herring of being racist is beyond stupid. Northam's political career speaks louder than a picture from 34 years ago.

Yes I agree; people can change. However, one thing is somewhat troubling. :ask:

Perhaps you can shed some light on this.

Just last Halloween Northam dressed as James Barbour, the 18th governor of Virginia and a known slave owner. That seems like a rather odd costume to wear?

If he dressed as Thomas Jefferson, or James Madison, both known slave owners as well as famous Virginians would that be racist too?

Your straw grasping is wearisome. :yawn:
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#533  Postby Skinny Puppy » Feb 10, 2019 11:51 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

The south has problems with racism. And water is wet. Film at 11.

Back in 2010 when I was 19 years old I had racist views and said racist things. I had no problem using the n-word.

The fact that the right are gleefully accusing Northam and Herring of being racist is beyond stupid. Northam's political career speaks louder than a picture from 34 years ago.

Just last Halloween Northam dressed as James Barbour, the 18th governor of Virginia and a known slave owner. That seems like a rather odd costume to wear?

If he dressed as Thomas Jefferson, or James Madison, both known slave owners as well as famous Virginians would that be racist too?

As are your continual, non-stop pathetic excuses when faced with cold, hard facts. :yawn:
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#534  Postby willhud9 » Feb 11, 2019 12:08 am

:roll:

Then maybe you can demonstrate how it makes him racist. See unlike you I actually have a vested interest in making sure my own Governor is not morally repugnant.

You have not connected dots but have thrown “facts” around and I guess hope people go through the same mental gymnastics you struggle through to reach whatever dumb conclusion you’ve concocted.

You don’t actual provide any argument, do to be honest your attempts at constructing any valid argument seems to be trolling.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#535  Postby The_Piper » Feb 11, 2019 12:16 am

Skinny Puppy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:

As are your continual, non-stop pathetic excuses when faced with cold, hard facts. :yawn:

you know, it would be interesting to hear what others have to say about the disaster in
Virginia's leadership, but since this is the Republican watch thread, maybe you could give us your opinion on the tax cut hurting the people Republicans claimed it would help. I won't hold my breath. If I get any reply, it will be whataboutism. "Prove me wrong"
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#536  Postby Skinny Puppy » Feb 11, 2019 7:17 am

willhud9 wrote: :roll:

Then maybe you can demonstrate how it makes him racist. See unlike you I actually have a vested interest in making sure my own Governor is not morally repugnant.

You have not connected dots but have thrown “facts” around and I guess hope people go through the same mental gymnastics you struggle through to reach whatever dumb conclusion you’ve concocted.

You don’t actual provide any argument, do to be honest your attempts at constructing any valid argument seems to be trolling.

I've been providing news reports on the events in Virginia's government. The reports speak for themselves. I don't need to give a blow-by-blow description of them since the news articles have the info and I'd only be repeating it.
Your posts, for the most part, are just your opinions. You're free to give an opinion, but it carries no weight unless you have facts to back it/them up.

I'm sure that you're fully aware that tomorrow morning Patrick Hope plans to file a resolution to impeach Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax.

Virginia delegate plans to introduce articles
of impeachment against Fairfax

(CNN)Virginia delegate Patrick Hope has outlined his plans to offer up articles of
impeachment against Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax.

In an email to his House Democratic colleagues, Hope says he plans to file a resolution
first thing Monday morning that lists the reasons he believes that Fairfax's conduct
warrants removal from office.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/10/politics/virginia-delegate-impeachment-fairfax/index.html
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#537  Postby Skinny Puppy » Feb 11, 2019 7:31 am

The_Piper wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:

you know, it would be interesting to hear what others have to say about the disaster in
Virginia's leadership, but since this is the Republican watch thread, maybe you could give us your opinion on the tax cut hurting the people Republicans claimed it would help. I won't hold my breath. If I get any reply, it will be whataboutism. "Prove me wrong"

1- We're not in school so you're in no position to be handing out (tax cut) assignments or any assignments for that matter.

2- You wrote this:
If I get any reply, it will be whataboutism.

Well that's certainly being open-minded! Mind you, I expected no less from our Lifeboat.

3- And you wrote this.
"Prove me wrong"

How? :ask: :scratch: You've already made up your mind in point number 2.
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#538  Postby OlivierK » Feb 11, 2019 9:16 am

If Piper's made his mind up, then you can't prove him wrong? The fuck?

(Not to mention the fucking irony of this statement coming from someone who rants about everyone having made up their minds about Trump, yet comes back over and over trying to prove them wrong.)

((Also not to mention that you've made your mind up about Trump, and yet people prove you wrong regularly.))

When someone challenges you to prove them wrong, and you don't, then you've just shown that they're right, or you're discursively impotent, or both.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#539  Postby Rumraket » Feb 11, 2019 11:28 am

conservatives.jpg
conservatives.jpg (200.6 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#540  Postby The_Piper » Feb 11, 2019 1:07 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
willhud9 wrote:

1- We're not in school so you're in no position to be handing out (tax cut) assignments or any assignments for that matter.

2- You wrote this:
If I get any reply, it will be whataboutism.

Well that's certainly being open-minded! Mind you, I expected no less from our Lifeboat.

3- And you wrote this.
"Prove me wrong"

How? :ask: :scratch: You've already made up your mind in point number 2.

you could prove me wrong by giving me your opinion on Republican tax cuts hurting the people they claimed it would help. It's so easy. You're not required to be correct, or even do any research, just give an opinion. Stop feebly trolling the Republican watch thread with Democrat watch topics, and I won't challenge you on what your opinion might be about a certain Republican policy...IN THE REPUBLICAN WATCH THREAD. :lol: :lol:
I'm merely asking you to contribute to the topic of the thread.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs