Republican Watch

People who say "Democrats are as bad as Republicans" are almost as bad as Republicans.

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Republican Watch

#81  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 04, 2018 2:05 am

I'm left with the impression, that Santorum and a number of other nutjobs, are now simply engaging in attention whoring, because even their own party has rendered them irrelevant. There they all were, thinking that all they had to do was espouse the right ideology and they would eventually rise to the top, and be given a decisive hand in shaping that ideology. Except that instead of rising to the top, they've been marginalised and utterly eclipsed, no doubt much to their disgust, by a toddler-strop manchild who can't even spell 'ideology', let alone espouse or formulate one.

The hard-core ideologues such as Santorum must be in a state of incandescent rage, at the manner in which they've been tossed aside in the Trump era. Because that's what's happened to them. They've been tossed aside. They're now the contents of the party's dumpster. Even a number of the ideologues who managed to book themselves a place on the Trump trainwreck, are now out of their jobs, writing bitter treatises on the inner nature of the Trumpsphere, and the warped alternate-reality processes taking place therein.

Worse still, the ideologues have no friends among the eminence grises such as the Koch Brothers, because the corporate power players behind the SuperPACs only tolerated the ideologues as long as they were useful. Their utility value spectacularly vanished the moment Trump took office. The ideologues aren't needed because Trump and his antics, from the standpoint of corporate kleptocrats such as the Koch Brothers, constitute the perfect distraction from the real dismantling of civil society they're undertaking. As long as Trump is lighting up the cosmos as a supernova of tard, the Parasite Papers billionaires don't need to soil themselves with the likes of Bannon or the rest of the alt-right, who will quickly find they're nothing once the corporate lifelines are unplugged.

Indeed, ideology was only ever pressed into service by the corporate kleptocrats as a tool required to perform the task of masking the real agenda behind something that resembled a set of values and principles. That the typical corporate kleptocrat regards values and principles as something to keep the little people under control, whilst facilitating his own rampant violation thereof for personal gain, is something the ideologues were too stupid or too blinkered to see. The fear that Enlightenment achievements were under greatest threat by hostile ideologies, has instead been replaced by the realisation that those achievements are under greatest threat instead, by those who want to keep those achievements for themselves, and will act ruthlessly to secure this sociopolitical robbery without an ideology being anywhere to be seen underpinning this.

Our most dangerous enemy now, is not to be found among the raving pedlars of ideology such as Santorum. Instead, it is to be found in the naked deployment of over-concentrated power and wealth, and the amorality said deployment induces in those performing said deployment.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#82  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jun 05, 2018 5:33 am

Alan C wrote:
The problem for this and other GOP/Trump supporters is that Obama was the first openly-black president. They can dance around all they want but they're racists [and rank hypocrites] pure and simple.

are there „closet“ black people?
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Alan C » Jun 05, 2018 10:19 am

Agi Hammerthief wrote:
Alan C wrote:
The problem for this and other GOP/Trump supporters is that Obama was the first openly-black president. They can dance around all they want but they're racists [and rank hypocrites] pure and simple.

are there „closet“ black people?

Kanye West? :think:

I'm just saying that many conservative fuckwit talking heads throughout Obama's term were in bitter and frequently hypocritical opposition because he's black. They were often covert about it but it was obvious when reading between the lines.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Sarah's party » Jun 05, 2018 12:14 pm

how many people % wise really want a black, muslim, gay, female, immigrant etc.. as president or PM - if one had to be honest?

for ex, when was the last female, gay, or muslim president or PM??

Leo is prob holding the winning slot here, but how long wil he last anyways..
Check out my real 100% free speech site!

http://et
Sarah's party
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#85  Postby Sendraks » Jun 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Sarah's party wrote:how many people % wise really want a black, muslim, gay, female, immigrant etc.. as president or PM - if one had to be honest?

Well if you discount racists and bigots, it really comes down to whether their policies appeal to the electorate or not.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#88  Postby The_Piper » Jun 05, 2018 12:54 pm

ronmcd wrote:Wait ... are you Sarah Palin's party?

:tehe: :shifty:

Sarah's party wrote:how many people % wise really want a black, muslim, gay, female, immigrant etc.. as president or PM - if one had to be honest?

for ex, when was the last female, gay, or muslim president or PM??

Leo is prob holding the winning slot here, but how long wil he last anyways..
Immigrants can't become president, and the remainder of those categories are irrelevant as to being qualified. Who cares? Why do you?
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 05, 2018 2:51 pm

Well sadly, here in the UK, the emergence of two female Prime Ministers has been tarnished somewhat by the fact that both of them were fascist Daleks. The Scots had more sense, and gave us Nicola Sturgeon, but they're not about to let us borrow her because they want her for themselves, and who can blame them? :D

Funnily enough, most places other than England gave us decent examples of female leaders ... Mary Robinson in Ireland, Corazon Aquino in the Philippines, Benazir Bhutto in Pakistan, Katrin Jakobsdottir in Iceland, Gro Harlem Brundtland in Norway, Jacinda Ardern and Helen Clark in New Zealand, Michele Bachelet in Chile, Tarja Halonen in Finland ... instead of following these examples (and that of Sturgeon), England chose two right-wing nutjobs with no human empathy, intent on destroying every Enightenment achievement that stood in the way of their wet dream of a plutocracy.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#90  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jun 05, 2018 2:55 pm

I‘m glad you didn’t mention „let’s see if the problem will just go away by itself“ there.
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#91  Postby The_Piper » Jun 05, 2018 3:16 pm

I should amend my post a little, in that I'd prefer our president to not be Muslim, or Christian, or any other wacky religion. That sometimes gets in the way of progress.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Cali.

What did Angela do wrong to not be mentioned?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#93  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jun 05, 2018 3:33 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Cali.

see my post above maybe:
she is not a leader
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#94  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Agi Hammerthief wrote:

see my post above maybe:
she is not a leader

No? What is she then and has been for the last years. A mirage.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#95  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jun 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Agi Hammerthief wrote:

see my post above maybe:
she is not a leader

No? What is she then and has been for the last years. A mirage.

leader lead, she just nudges.
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#96  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Sorry but in my book that is a leader. Knowing when to nudge requires extreme political knowledge.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#97  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Nothing - I was deliberately aiming for a list containing some lesser known (at least in some quarters) candidates. In the past, I've pointed to Merkel with reference to the fact that she's a Ph.D, earned according to the strict German rules applicable thereto, and in quantum chemistry to boot. Partly to contrast between her own intellect and achievements, versus those of the Trump clan she had to put up with recently.

But saying that I'd prefer Merkel over either of Thatcher or May isn't saying much, given that I'd have to work hard to find worse women to put in their place. Erzsebet Bathory might have been a psychotic mass murderer, but there's a prima facie case for diminished responsibility where she's concerned, courtesy of the fact that she exposed herself, via her weird mediaeval cosmetics selection, to a fulminating collection of psychotropic and neurotoxic compounds, which any competent defence lawyer would point to as reasons for her florid behaviour. That's before we consider the possibility of congenital cognitive dysfunction, which would only have been exacerbated by said chemicals. May has presided over the death of thousands without any such florid influences over her brain chemistry , other than her adherence to Tory ideology.

Meanwhile, back to Republican Watch ... and today's supernova of tard comes not from Trump, but from Paul Manafort, who managed to get himself busted for witness tampering in a manner more suggestive of a silent movie crook in striped prison garb than a polished political conspirator. Enjoy the lulz here ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jun 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Sorry but in my book that is a leader. Knowing when to nudge requires extreme political knowledge.

two different things, political knowledge and leadership.
it’s possible to be a good leader (as in good at leading) and totally fuck things up in the process.
leadership exposes the politician to the possibly of blame for things done.
Merkel just sort of, slunks about.
Agi Hammerthief

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#99  Postby Macdoc » Jun 05, 2018 7:33 pm

There are 3 aspects..

Being a good politician ....ie staying power - Jean Chretien .....not a compliment - just an observation - he had a side kick who was an excellent technocrat but a horrid pol

Being a good leader .....inspiring, moving the country forward - may not be a good technocrat - Trudeau - jury out on politician -

Being a good technocrat - Merkel who seems to be a good pol as well as as a technocrat good at governance

Rarely come together....
Roosevelt 2 of three, Truman different 2 of three,
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#100  Postby chango369 » Jun 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Not your father's GOP.

Dennis Hof, a brothel owner, and HBO adult reality star has defeated three-term Republican James Oscarson.

Hof, author of “The Art of the Pimp,” ousted Oscarson and then told The Associated Press, “It’s all because Donald Trump was the Christopher Columbus for me… He found the way and I jumped on it.”

Hof ran on the slogan, “The Trump Of Pahrump” in reference to his residence located in Pahrump, Nevada. Hof will now face Democrat Lesia Romanov in the November 2018 mid-term elections. He is also considered the favored candidate in the Republican-leaning Assembly District.

47 legislative seats have been flipped in the United States from red-to-blue since Trump took office, a sign that voters may be distancing themselves from the Trump style of politics.

Hof is the owner of the Love Ranch brothel in Crystal, Nevada.

A Pimp In Nevada Just Ousted A Three-Term Republican
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Cuba (cu)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs