"The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: "The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

#61  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 07, 2021 2:50 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Still not seeing any list of races from Mike_L.

I'm still waiting for the research update for quoting purposes.

Your garbled trolling response has a rather big problem.

You already possess this belief: are you saying that you possess this belief BEFORE you have any evidence to support it?

I mean, if you are really abjectly ignorant of what you believe, then I would recommend you shut the fuck up and go and have a quiet word with yourself - self-criticism is a vital tool for any thinking person.

Or you could show how vapid your beliefs are by listing a series of skin colours as I predicted - you know that's really all you actually have at the end of the day. What is it? White, brown, black, yellow?

The 1920's eugenics movement called - they want their ignorant prejudice back.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 07, 2021 2:57 pm

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#63  Postby Mike_L » Jan 07, 2021 3:11 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Still not seeing any list of races from Mike_L.

I'm still waiting for the research update for quoting purposes.

Your garbled trolling response has a rather big problem.

You already possess this belief: are you saying that you possess this belief BEFORE you have any evidence to support it?

I mean, if you are really abjectly ignorant of what you believe, then I would recommend you shut the fuck up and go and have a quiet word with yourself - self-criticism is a vital tool for any thinking person.

Or you could show how vapid your beliefs are by listing a series of skin colours as I predicted - you know that's really all you actually have at the end of the day. What is it? White, brown, black, yellow?

The 1920's eugenics movement called - they want their ignorant prejudice back.

Since the academic descendants of the Frankfurt School have declared that race doesn't exist, we can't make absolute lists.
We can only get a vague sense of race by pondering the existence of phenomena like "white privilege" or the existence of movements like Black Lives Matter.
And even there we have to be careful, lest someone who subscribes to cancel culture try to trick us into saying something that some leftist somewhere has decreed "racist!"
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#64  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Since the academic descendants of the Frankfurt School have declared that race doesn't exist,...

Warning: the above flatulence contains only error, revisionism, and make-believe but nary so much as a hint of reality.

The only relevant aspect that Mike_L might be unconsciously channeling is that the rise of Nazism and the threat of far-right race-based violence caused the Frankfurt School to move first to Switzerland, and then the USA.

Of course, the science of genetics and human evolution has fuck all to do with a school of philosophy - but I think we'd probably best forgive Mike_L that mistake as he's clearly never had even so much as a passing introduction to science.

Mike_L wrote: we can't make absolute lists.

Who is 'we'?

Do you mean that YOU can't make a list?

You said that the white race exists.

So at present, your list of races is: white.

If whites are the only human race - then what are all those other non-white people? Not human?

Inquiring minds and all that.

Mike_L wrote:We can only get a vague sense of race by pondering the existence of phenomena like "white privilege" or the existence of movements like Black Lives Matter.
And even there we have to be careful, lest someone who subscribes to cancel culture try to trick us into saying something that some leftist somewhere has decreed "racist!"

So what you're saying is that your far-right political position is informed only by social quantities, not by evidence, by genetics, by facts etc - but by feelings?

So when you repeatedly claim that white people are being replaced - you're not trying to say that this is validated by any scientific evidence, it's not about factual reality, like population dynamics and genetics... what you mean is that you have a bunch of fearful feelies, and that's what makes it true?

Of course, Mike_L, don't for a moment think that anyone failed to notice how you scurried away emulating fearful vermin when faced with confrontation. It's understandable that given you arrived at your position absent any critical consideration, seeing it challenged must be genuinely frightening for you. Scamper little one... scamper before the big baddies come and cancel you!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#65  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 07, 2021 3:33 pm

Extremism and radicalization sadly only result in ever more isolation, which in turn fuels the cycle.

Think back a few years Mike_L - even if not exactly 'friends' in the traditional meaning of the word, you would no doubt have considered many here friends and been considered by many a friend. The cycle you're engaging in is what's destroyed that. It's not cancel culture, or the existence of a school in Frankfurt 100 years ago, or any of the other ideologically brainwashed diversions you toss out... it's you that's changed. That change is a direct result of being inculcated into a network of disinformation that is antithetical to the motivations, focus and interests of the majority of this forum. Your Morton's Demon attempts to explain this away to yourself as political partisanship are really quite silly given that few people here have changed anything about their position, while yours has gone from a fun-loving generally care free individual, to a raving alt-right crackpot trotting out quasi-fascist memes as fast as your fingers can type.

Lassie can't pull you out of the well Mike_L. You need to want to leave.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#66  Postby Mike_L » Jan 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Extremism and radicalization sadly only result in ever more isolation, which in turn fuels the cycle.

Think back a few years Mike_L - even if not exactly 'friends' in the traditional meaning of the word, you would no doubt have considered many here friends and been considered by many a friend. The cycle you're engaging in is what's destroyed that. It's not cancel culture, or the existence of a school in Frankfurt 100 years ago, or any of the other ideologically brainwashed diversions you toss out... it's you that's changed. That change is a direct result of being inculcated into a network of disinformation that is antithetical to the motivations, focus and interests of the majority of this forum. Your Morton's Demon attempts to explain this away to yourself as political partisanship are really quite silly given that few people here have changed anything about their position, while yours has gone from a fun-loving generally care free individual, to a raving alt-right crackpot trotting out quasi-fascist memes as fast as your fingers can type.

Lassie can't pull you out of the well Mike_L. You need to want to leave.

That's a matter of perception. I can't say for certain that you're not right, but I'm not going to agree too readily either.

Anyway, I'm taking a break now. Just scurrying off to...
No, not really. There are some RL chores that should've been done yesterday already.
Back tomorrow.
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#67  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 07, 2021 3:54 pm

We had someone here a few years back who fell down the same alt-right hole. His name was Peter Brown. He was once a really nice guy - straight up. By the time he left RS, he was fantasizing about seeing members here die in excruciating pain.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby Seabass » Jan 07, 2021 4:07 pm

Mike_L wrote:
But when liberals resort to the genetic argument against race, there's always that subtext: white folk must STFU while being disappeared.

So you've gone full "white genocide"/"great replacement", eh Mike? :yuk:

How long have you been this way? Is this a recent development? Who did this to you? RT? Fox News? Tucker? Do you get Fox News on TV in South Africa, or do you watch Youtube clips?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Antifa Provocateur

Print view this post

#69  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jan 08, 2021 12:04 am

Mike_L wrote:
I'm not looking at YT videos for you Mike_L.

It's just a 10 s clip, but it says plenty.
ronmcd has posted the full 4-minute version (post #39), and it's even more illuminating...

For starters, nothing that precedes or follows the "We're winning" remark contradicts or diminishes what is very obviously a celebration of demographic change. In fact, the remainder of the video actually reinforces the theme....
She rails against "integration" and "assimilation" and goes on to describe England as a "white supremacist state". (Yes, really! :lol: )
"The goal shouldn't be to integrate into an unjust society," she says. "The goal should be to transform it."
Transform it, eh?
She may as well have said something along the lines of: Revenge against the British Raj at last!

You realise that as you've quoted it, "[t]he goal should be to transform it" just means to transform an unjust society into a just one, right? What you've got her saying is no different to the language we "Indigenous" people here in Australia use to describe the demands of white Australia and our response to it. We're told to integrate and assimilate just the same and we refuse, because it's asking us to invisibly join into a white supremacist culture that subtly (or maybe not so subtly) refuses to affirm us while openly affirming our oppression. Heck, our Prime Minister (a mini-Trump) recently tried to give us a bit of tokenism by changing a word in our national anthem from "young" to "one", because it says "we are young and free". If you're not aware, our Indigenous culture is considered the oldest continuous culture in the world. The anthem literally ignores that in favour of only counting when white people showed up or "discovered".

What you're saying looks so ridiculous to me because it seems like you'd just as easily tell me and other Indigenous folks here that by asserting ourselves we're calling for white extinction. That's is absolute nonsense.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#70  Postby The_Piper » Jan 08, 2021 12:31 am

Whoa, I just finally watched that video and about the only way a white (or any other race) supremacist could take that to mean "they're trying to genocide us" is through confirmation bias, willful ignorance, and/or dishonesty. I'm glad I watched it, I never thought of white people as actually being the segregated ones in many places. Valuable insight.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#71  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 3:15 am

Honestly, as much as I hammer away at Mike_L, I'd much rather help him back from the nasty place he's dug himself into rather than driving him further into it. I don't know how to, and I don't know if there's even a remote chance of it, but that motivation remains even if it means annoying the fuck out of him until he breaks one way or the other.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#72  Postby The_Piper » Jan 08, 2021 3:34 am

Same here. I've remained quiet in these discussions because I otherwise have enjoyed Mike's contributions to the forum for the past 11 years. But listening to that video example, it's obvious what she means (aside from the thick British accent :shifty: ) by transform. Transform by reform. Make it better for everyone. It seems paranoid to see threat in that.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#73  Postby Mike_L » Jan 08, 2021 9:46 am

Spinozasgalt wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
I'm not looking at YT videos for you Mike_L.

It's just a 10 s clip, but it says plenty.
ronmcd has posted the full 4-minute version (post #39), and it's even more illuminating...

For starters, nothing that precedes or follows the "We're winning" remark contradicts or diminishes what is very obviously a celebration of demographic change. In fact, the remainder of the video actually reinforces the theme....
She rails against "integration" and "assimilation" and goes on to describe England as a "white supremacist state". (Yes, really! :lol: )
"The goal shouldn't be to integrate into an unjust society," she says. "The goal should be to transform it."
Transform it, eh?
She may as well have said something along the lines of: Revenge against the British Raj at last!

You realise that as you've quoted it, "[t]he goal should be to transform it" just means to transform an unjust society into a just one, right?

Yes. And then consider what exactly she means by "unjust". It's all there. The suggestion that 'minorities' should become part of the existing society (integration, assimilation) is what she's railing against.
"Integration isn't welcoming us into society. It's demanding that we participate in that which oppresses us, and with a glad heart".
And immediately before that she lists examples of the unjust "oppression", among them...
* "immigration detentions and deportations"
* "the economic violence of bad housing, precarious contracts and shit pay"
So there must be no detention or deportation of any of the illegal immigrants arriving in their thousands each year. All must be welcomed into Britain with open arms, or else "Oppression!"
And it's only "people of color" who suffer "bad housing, precarious contracts and shit pay" in the UK? Really? :lol:

Of course Ash Sarkar wants unfettered access for the migrants. That would accelerate the change in demographics that she celebrates. ("Winning"!)
And of course she wants "people of color" to get preference when it comes to jobs and housing, because that would facilitate and consolidate the demographic shift. ("Winning!")
And why would she want them to integrate and assimilate when they can just take over instead? ("Winning!")

The first step in "transforming" a society? Declare it to be "unjust" in its present state. Social Engineering Propaganda 101.

Spearthrower wrote:Honestly, as much as I hammer away at Mike_L, I'd much rather help him back from the nasty place he's dug himself into rather than driving him further into it. I don't know how to, and I don't know if there's even a remote chance of it, but that motivation remains even if it means annoying the fuck out of him until he breaks one way or the other.

Good luck! :lol:
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#74  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 11:50 am

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Honestly, as much as I hammer away at Mike_L, I'd much rather help him back from the nasty place he's dug himself into rather than driving him further into it. I don't know how to, and I don't know if there's even a remote chance of it, but that motivation remains even if it means annoying the fuck out of him until he breaks one way or the other.

Good luck which way? I mean, one way's pretty easy as we've already seen, right Leonard? The other way is naturally harder, but undoubtedly more worthwhile.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#75  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am

Mike_L wrote:
The first step in "transforming" a society? Declare it to be "unjust" in its present state.

Nope, the first step is observing it to be unjust in its present state. Sadly, that does not mean it can suddenly be made just, but that is no argument to preserve injustice, which is most apparently what you're about.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#76  Postby ronmcd » Jan 08, 2021 12:00 pm

The_Piper wrote:Whoa, I just finally watched that video and about the only way a white (or any other race) supremacist could take that to mean "they're trying to genocide us" is through confirmation bias, willful ignorance, and/or dishonesty. I'm glad I watched it, I never thought of white people as actually being the segregated ones in many places. Valuable insight.

Indeed, I'm not a particular fan of Ash Sarkar, but it's an interesting video. What it is not is what Mike claims.

But you have to remember that Mike got the 10second out of context snippet from a youtube channel called "Anti-Whites Exposed", then admitted he hadn't watched the actual Sarkar video until he was called out and I posted it, then had to double down pretending the video WAS about replacing white people. Bizarre.

I was worried about Mike when he was just posting RT articles for the lols...
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#77  Postby Mike_L » Jan 08, 2021 12:32 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

Good luck which way? I mean, one way's pretty easy as we've already seen, right Leonard? The other way is naturally harder, but undoubtedly more worthwhile.

Either way. Indeed, you could've just ended the sentence at "annoying the fuck out of him". I read most of your crap with a chuckle, and type most of my own crap to the same sound.

Cito di Pense wrote:
Mike_L wrote:
The first step in "transforming" a society? Declare it to be "unjust" in its present state.

Nope, the first step is observing it to be unjust in its present state.

Wait! I retract!
The first first step is ensure that "injustice" is defined by those seeking to effect the transformation.

ronmcd wrote:
The_Piper wrote:Whoa, I just finally watched that video and about the only way a white (or any other race) supremacist could take that to mean "they're trying to genocide us" is through confirmation bias, willful ignorance, and/or dishonesty. I'm glad I watched it, I never thought of white people as actually being the segregated ones in many places. Valuable insight.

Indeed, I'm not a particular fan of Ash Sarkar, but it's an interesting video. What it is not is what Mike claims.

But you have to remember that Mike got the 10second out of context snippet from a youtube channel called "Anti-Whites Exposed"...

...which is accurate, since that is clearly what she is.

...then admitted he hadn't watched the actual Sarkar video until he was called out and I posted it, then had to double down pretending the video WAS about replacing white people. Bizarre.

Except that it's not a "10second out of context snippet". The full video shows that it's very much in context.
In the abbreviated version she's celebrating the transformation that's already underway. The longer version has her stating the desire to make the transformation happen.
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#78  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 08, 2021 12:56 pm

Mike_L wrote:
The first first step is ensure that "injustice" is defined by those seeking to effect the transformation.

Whereas you're stuck in fantasyland trying to prevent or reverse change, when change is the expected (natural) course of things. Furthermore, you seem obsessed mainly with skin color, which is getting blended. If you understand anything about mixing, it's that it takes a certain amount of work to prevent it, since mixing is spontaneous. Study some chemistry, and you'll have a chance to understand what I mean.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#79  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Mike_L wrote:Either way. Indeed, you could've just ended the sentence at "annoying the fuck out of him". I read most of your crap with a chuckle, and type most of my own crap to the same sound.

I've identified this about you in the past. When pushed hard to actually defend a claim, you start with your 'just kidding' excuses.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2 ... l#p2740011

Spearthrower wrote:But it's serious too, right?

But only a joke, come on!

But true.

But don't take it personally, it's just a laugh.

But I meant it.

And I am not the only person who's noted you run with this; it's actually a routine attempt on your part at distraction. When your audience becomes so familiar with a particular evasion strategy, I think it suggests you should consider why you keep needing to evade.

And of course, as usual I know what I said and I know what I meant - if you are unable to process what I said even when it's clearly written, then you are necessarily unable to assert what I meant. Consequently, the fact that your rendition of what I wrote requires me to have meant the exact opposite of what I've written, and you think you can tell me what I meant is just outright crackpottery Leonard.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#80  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 08, 2021 2:04 pm

When exactly was it that you flounced off Mike_L? I can't recall. Was the flounce dramatic? I sadly can't recall that either. I do recall you flouncing but few other details. Did you give a de-flounce speech on your return? Did you post anywhere about the thought processes that caused you first to flounce then to return back to the place you'd previously flounced from?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs