"The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

"The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

#1  Postby Seabass » Jan 05, 2021 5:39 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Antifa Provocateur

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: "The always-excellent Tucker Carlson"

#3  Postby Mike_L » Jan 05, 2021 9:51 pm

So it's guilt by association then?
White supremacists (or, more specifically, what the leftist media define as "white supremacists") agree with some of the things Carlson says, therefore Carlson is a White supremacist!
And what is a "white supremacist" anyway? A white person who doesn't embrace some sort of collective White guilt or self-loathing?

Taking a closer look at the last one (Nathan Robinson's piece in The Guardian)...
Carlson may not even notice what he is doing, or realize that he has a “white nationalist” viewpoint. That’s, in part, because he accepts the definition of racism as “racial hatred”. Instead, we should define it as valuing people of different races differently, and accepting a racial hierarchy of wealth and power as natural.

Oh we should, should we? Why? Because Nathan Robinson says so?
Like Merriam-Webster, I suppose we should just update our definitions upon demand -- specifically the demand of the woke few... or the one.

Going back to Nathan Robinson's Guardian piece...

Here, for example, is a passage from Carlson’s most recent book, on the topic of why “diversity” makes us weaker:

When confronted or pressed for details, [proponents of diversity] retreat into a familiar platitude, which they repeat like a zen koan: diversity is our strength. But is diversity our strength? The less we have in common, the stronger we are? Is that true of families? Is it true in neighborhoods or businesses? Of course not. Then why is it true of America? Nobody knows. Nobody’s even allowed to ask the question.

What if the observation that diversity is not a strength just happens to be true? Is it still racist for Whites (and only Whites, of course) to say it? What if a meta-analysis of 87 studies showed that diversity tended to erode (rather than strengthen) social trust? This Danish one from September 2019, for instance...
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335924797_Ethnic_Diversity_and_Social_Trust_A_Narrative_and_Meta-Analytical_Review

The title of the video is sensationalist and wrong. The remarks about Iraqis are derogatory, but not based on race.
Regarding the Obama comments, he merely asks why a mixed race person should be defined by just one of those races. He doesn't disparage 'blackness' in any way.

As for the remaining three videos...
Again, it's a case of: "they jibe on these points, therefore he's one of them"... this after casting 'them' in a negative light that is reserved exclusively for 'whites'.
:roll:
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby The_Piper » Jan 05, 2021 9:52 pm

He's hanging out in Franklin Maine, ducking the so-called plandemic. If it's no big deal, why leave New York? Rhetorical.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby ronmcd » Jan 05, 2021 10:44 pm

Mike_L wrote:
White supremacists (or, more specifically, what the leftist media define as "white supremacists") ...

Oh Mike.

Mike Mike Mike.
ronmcd

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 1:37 am

And what is a "white supremacist" anyway? A white person who doesn't embrace some sort of collective White guilt or self-loathing?

Poor widdle white supremacist victims... they're terribly treated by the media... so unfair!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 1:48 am

... this after casting 'them' in a negative light that is reserved exclusively for 'whites'.

Indeed it is: just as the term 'black supremacist' would be reserved just for black people who espouse views that black people should be superior and hold dominion over non-blacks.

It's funny how you try to make it seem like a racist label, rather than their beliefs being the racist thing. And by 'funny' - I mean, cretinous.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 1:51 am

Iraq is a crappy place filled with semi-literate primitive monkeys

What if the observation that Iraq is a crappy place filled with semi-literate primitive monkeys just happens to be true?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 06, 2021 4:07 am

It's guilt by observation. If it goose steps like a goose, honks like a goose and looks like a goose, but says it isn't a goose, then then any reasonable person would still conclude it's a goose. Unless you confuse open mindedness with letting your brains fall out, which seems to be something you struggle with.

White supremacists (or, more specifically, what the leftist media define as "white supremacists")

David Duke isn't a white supremacist now?

Blow your sniveling, mealy-mouthed apologetics out your ass, Mike.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Mike_L » Jan 06, 2021 7:17 am

Spearthrower wrote:
... this after casting 'them' in a negative light that is reserved exclusively for 'whites'.

Indeed it is: just as the term 'black supremacist' would be reserved just for black people who espouse views that black people should be superior and hold dominion over non-blacks.

It's funny how you try to make it seem like a racist label, rather than their beliefs being the racist thing. And by 'funny' - I mean, cretinous.

So which of those described as "white supremacists" actually espouse views that white people should be superior and hold dominion over non-whites? To be sure, those who do are correctly termed "white supremacists". But the term is applied too freely. Funnily enough, many so-called "white supremacists" are merely white nationalists.

Spearthrower wrote:

Poor widdle white supremacist victims... they're terribly treated by the media... so unfair!

Is that some kind of juvenile-speak for "Yes"?
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#11  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 7:22 am

So your issue here isn't Tucker Carlson calling 40 million foreigners 'semi-literate primitive monkeys' but how terrible it is to get one's taxonomy of bigotry wrong?
Last edited by Spearthrower on Jan 06, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#12  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 7:23 am

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Is that some kind of juvenile-speak for "Yes"?

I dunno Mikey - is your post some kind of racist bigot speak for 'me no likey semi-literate primitive monkeys'?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#13  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 7:23 am

Go on... defend Carlson again... we all need a good laugh.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#14  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 7:25 am

merely white nationalists

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#15  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 7:26 am

When do you think you jumped the shark, Mike_L? Do you think you've always had an inclination towards racist bigotry, or did it apparently grow as you fell down the RT disinformation hole?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Mike_L » Jan 06, 2021 7:29 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:

It's guilt by observation. If it goose steps like a goose, honks like a goose and looks like a goose, but says it isn't a goose, then then any reasonable person would still conclude it's a goose. Unless you confuse open mindedness with letting your brains fall out, which seems to be something you struggle with.

White supremacists (or, more specifically, what the leftist media define as "white supremacists")

David Duke isn't a white supremacist now?

Blow your sniveling, mealy-mouthed apologetics out your ass, Mike.

We'll find a snow goose on every pond, SaM! We have an army of liberals to point them out and single them out!

From Wikipedia...
An ADL profile of Duke states: "Although Duke denies that he is a white supremacist and avoids the term in public speeches and writings, the policies and positions he advocates state clearly that white people are the only ones morally qualified to determine the rights that should apply to other ethnic groups."

If that's an accurate representation of David Duke, then yes, he's a white supremacist.
Has Carlson proclaimed the same?
In biographies, Wikipedia is swift to apply the "white supremacist" label if it fits, usually in the opening paragraph. (An example would be Lana Lokteff, whose face I see in some of the YouTube thumbnails / title screens in the original post).
If there were reasonable grounds to describe Tucker Carlson as a white supremacist, it would be on his page.
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#17  Postby Mike_L » Jan 06, 2021 7:42 am

Spearthrower wrote:So your issue here isn't Tucker Carlson calling 40 million foreigners 'semi-literate primitive monkeys' but how terrible it is to get one's taxonomy of bigotry wrong?

You diminish the term "white supremacist" when you misapply it. That only serves the interests of actual white supremacists.

Spearthrower wrote:When do you think you jumped the shark, Mike_L? Do you think you've always had an inclination towards racist bigotry, or did it apparently grow as you fell down the RT disinformation hole?

The sidebar on RT.com pages frequently carries links to Tucker Carlson videos. It's a symbiotic relationship that uplifts both...

Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#18  Postby Mike_L » Jan 06, 2021 7:45 am

Spearthrower wrote:merely white nationalists

You have something against white nationalists now?
Why? Because they're white?
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#19  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 9:23 am

Mike_L wrote:
You diminish the term "white supremacist" when you misapply it. That only serves the interests of actual white supremacists.

Want to fill in the logic gap there Mike_L?

How does it 'serve the interest' of white supremacists when you call a white nationalist (for example) a white supremacist? You make it sound like that's a key motivation for them.

Mike_L wrote:
The sidebar on RT.com pages frequently carries links to Tucker Carlson videos. It's a symbiotic relationship that uplifts both.

Yes, I suspected as much - that's how disinformation and extremism operates on the internet - the network of bullshit. If you can credulously swallow this disinformation, then perhaps you might be interested in this darker more extreme disinformation.

It's not 'uplift' - it's descent into crackpottery.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#20  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 06, 2021 9:33 am

Mike_L wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:merely white nationalists

You have something against white nationalists now?

Why? Because they're white?

Yes, I have something against white nationalists Mike_L, and no it's not because they're white not least because that would obviously require me joining them in their stupid bigoted racism, wouldn't it Mike_L? So it would be a bit hypocritical of me to reject the numbfuckery of racism while also buying into the exact same concepts of racism on which white supremacy is predicated.

You're teetering on the edge of an extraordinarily stupid argument commonly employed by fundies - that rejecting theism means you're actually acknowledging the validity of theism, that denying the existence of god means you're actually exhibiting belief in god.

Similarly, acknowledging the existence of white nationalists doesn't in any way suggest that I am joining them in their inane pseudoscientific bollocks concepts of race realism. I'm afraid I'm just not that undereducated. :dunno:

Anyway Mike_L, was Tucker Carlson being 'excellent' when he called 40 million Iraqis a bunch of semi-literate primitive monkeys?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Next

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs