The New And Coming Plague

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

The New And Coming Plague

#1  Postby aufbahrung » Jan 21, 2020 7:41 pm

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... rus-spread

First Case Of New Coronavirus Detected In U.S.
Merrit Kennedy

The first case of an infection with a new coronavirus has been discovered in the U.S. A person traveling from Wuhan, China, to Washington state was diagnosed with pneumonia last week. Subsequent tests showed that the person has the virus, which can cause pneumonia. In severe cases the coronavirus can lead to death. The case was detected prior to the implementation of screening at three U.S. airports last Friday.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to announce details at a press conference this afternoon.

About 300 cases of the virus and six deaths have been reported in China, and health officials there and around the world are ramping up precautions to stem the spread.

(continued)

ship struck the rocks yesterday, and the worst is yet to be....
aufbahrung

Name: Your Real Name

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The New And Coming Plague

#2  Postby laklak » Jan 21, 2020 8:04 pm

We'll be offshore for the next few months, human-to-human transmission isn't possible if you don't allow other humans anywhere near you. Do not approach this vessel, I am heavily armed and will open fire. Consider this fair warning, you'll receive no other.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Seabass » Jan 21, 2020 8:06 pm

It's time to change your name back to Crumple, Crumple. You can't outrun your past. You've always been Crumple. You will always be Crumple. Kind of like the caretaker from The Shining...

"No, no, no, not God bless America. God damn America!" —Reverend Jeremiah Wright
Seabass

Name: Antifa Provocateur

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby aufbahrung » Jan 21, 2020 8:07 pm

:lol:

Earth Abides...
aufbahrung

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Hermit » Jan 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Seabass wrote:It's time to change your name back to Crumple, Crumple. You can't outrun your past. You've always been Crumple. You will always be Crumple. Kind of like the caretaker from The Shining...

He actually started off as "Scrumple".

This is the best time he's having since the Ebola outbreak. Starting in November 2012 462 of his posts referred to it by name. Scrumple thought the expected massive reduction of the human population will be a good thing.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby campermon » Jan 21, 2020 8:30 pm

This is the start of the zombie virus of my fantasies! :P

I've watched all the documentaries; "Night of the living dead", "Dawn of the dead", "world war Z" etc...

I'm well up for it. :grin:

:cheers:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Seabass » Jan 21, 2020 8:32 pm

Hermit wrote:
Seabass wrote:It's time to change your name back to Crumple, Crumple. You can't outrun your past. You've always been Crumple. You will always be Crumple. Kind of like the caretaker from The Shining...

This is the best time he's having since the Ebola outbreak. Starting in November 2012 462 of his posts referred to it by name. Scrumple thought the expected massive reduction of the human population will be a good thing.

Are you sure? I thought he started as Crumple, then changed to Scrumple later, and then Cronus... :think:
"No, no, no, not God bless America. God damn America!" —Reverend Jeremiah Wright
Seabass

Name: Antifa Provocateur

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Hermit » Jan 21, 2020 8:42 pm

Seabass wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Are you sure? I thought he started as Crumple, then changed to Scrumple later, and then Cronus... :think:

Yes, I'm sure. You can be too by looking up his very first post.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby BlackBart » Jan 21, 2020 8:45 pm

campermon wrote:This is the start of the zombie virus of my fantasies! :P

I've watched all the documentaries; "Night of the living dead", "Dawn of the dead", "world war Z" etc...

I've got my baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire ready... OK it's a Tennis Racquet wrapped in fairy lights, but it looks really cool!
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby campermon » Jan 21, 2020 9:00 pm

BlackBart wrote:
campermon wrote:This is the start of the zombie virus of my fantasies! :P

I've got my baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire ready... OK it's a Tennis Racquet wrapped in fairy lights, but it looks really cool!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Make sure you wear leather. That's what they do in them documentaries. :thumbup:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby BlackBart » Jan 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Not woke enough. How about Faux leopard print? :ask:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Ironclad » Jan 21, 2020 9:48 pm

The zombies are foreigners! Two birds, one stone (wrapped in barbed wire).. sign me the fuck up!
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#13  Postby laklak » Jan 21, 2020 9:52 pm

I intend to wear the skins of my enemies, as long as they're properly disinfected first, of course. Since we won't have a pump out facility we'll have lots of urine to cure the hides. We'll just shit in the ocean, our output for a whole year won't amount to one whale dump. Besides, who's gonna complain? We can even fish with dynamite. Good times comin', man. Libertarian Zombie Water World.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#14  Postby BlackBart » Jan 21, 2020 10:09 pm

laklak wrote:I intend to wear the skins of my enemies, as long as they're properly disinfected first, of course. Since we won't have a pump out facility we'll have lots of urine to cure the hides. We'll just shit in the ocean, our output for a whole year won't amount to one whale dump. Besides, who's gonna complain? We can even fish with dynamite. Good times comin', man. Libertarian Zombie Water World.

Zombie Sharks.
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby felltoearth » Jan 22, 2020 1:20 am

laklak wrote:I intend to wear the skins of my enemies, as long as they're properly disinfected first, of course. Since we won't have a pump out facility we'll have lots of urine to cure the hides. We'll just shit in the ocean, our output for a whole year won't amount to one whale dump. Besides, who's gonna complain? We can even fish with dynamite. Good times comin', man. Libertarian Zombie Water World.

One man’s apocalypse is another man’s utopia.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Fallible » Jan 22, 2020 1:45 am

She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#17  Postby NineBerry » Jan 22, 2020 11:09 am

What about nuclear power stations? These zombie movies always forget about those. With no one around to manage them, they will all go boom in a short time. The radioactive clouds will reach you on the ocean unless you are very lucky.
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#18  Postby aufbahrung » Jan 22, 2020 11:15 am

Everything’s very normal, everyone’s just wearing masks, nothing more.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/anxie ... yptr=yahoo

(continued, I got mine have you got yours?)
aufbahrung

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19  Postby NineBerry » Jan 22, 2020 11:47 am

Chinese people in urban areas wearing masks isn't actually that unusual. It's like Germans wearing bike helmets.
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#20  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 22, 2020 11:52 am

NineBerry wrote:Chinese people in urban areas wearing masks isn't actually that unusual. It's like Germans wearing bike helmets.

Germans only seem to wear bike helmets when riding, and only then, in the Netherlands. I don't know that Germans bicycle anywhere but in Germany or the Netherlands. They know helmets won't protect them when riding in France or Italy.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Placebo Domingo
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Next

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs