The state of things in Dumbfuckistan

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: The state of things in Dumbfuckistan

#21  Postby The_Piper » Apr 13, 2022 7:39 pm

It's complicated, but how can Lia compete? There has to be a satisfactory answer. The columnist writes at length about the road to women's professional sports becoming mainstream, yet supports denying transgender people the same right. Like I said, it's complicated and I'm not really knowledgeable enough to have an informed opinion.
I probably wouldn't have called her a bad human, but that's because it's not my personality. :lol: :lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#22  Postby The_Metatron » Apr 13, 2022 8:55 pm

The_Piper wrote:It's complicated, but how can Lia compete? There has to be a satisfactory answer. The columnist writes at length about the road to women's professional sports becoming mainstream, yet supports denying transgender people the same right. Like I said, it's complicated and I'm not really knowledgeable enough to have an informed opinion.
I probably wouldn't have called her a bad human, but that's because it's not my personality. :lol: :lol:

I think so, too. I don’t know how to do it, and gave no effort to its solution.

I think it’s a manufactured problem. It appears about one in thirty thousand people are trans women. Of that small slice, I wonder how many of transgender women compete in sport of any kind? Of that smaller group, how many are doing so at an age where they seek an athletic scholarship to university?

I bet it isn’t very common.

The exclusion of the out-group is what earned Julie my scorn this morning. There’s a price to be paid for being a hired commentator.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby The_Piper » Apr 13, 2022 10:07 pm

I'm sure the situation is pretty rare. Especially in high school sports. The right just needs a bogeyman to pick on. They're not happy unless they're kicking people down. Passing legislation that's hideously anti-LGBTQ. I despise that.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby The_Metatron » May 08, 2022 12:15 am

The only difference between the Taliban in Afghanistan and the Taliban in Dumbfuckistan is one of scale. This is a screen grab of the headline articles on NPR.org, a moment ago:

ECC28534-5690-472D-9430-568650968712.jpeg
The American Taliban
ECC28534-5690-472D-9430-568650968712.jpeg (104.62 KiB) Viewed 154 times
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs