The state of things in Dumbfuckistan

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

The state of things in Dumbfuckistan

#1  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 20, 2021 4:47 pm

In response to this article in my local newspaper: (https://www.chronline.com/stories/sad-p ... day,275542?), I wrote a letter I intended to send to the editor.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Letter to the editor
It seems our republican politicians have forgotten what it means to be American and self reliant. These politicians, like Abbarno, Braun, Walsh, and others, love to tell you all that something in our constitution guarantees the vaccine incredulous a government job.

Show us those Constitutional articles, Republicans. We will read it ourselves. Abbarno is a lawyer. He knows perfectly well nothing in our constitution guarantees anyone a government job. Abbarno is lying to our faces when he makes this claim, and he knows it.

The public decides the conditions of employment for our public servants. One of those conditions is to be vaccinated. But here, we have our local Republicans looking cute, frothing at the mouth about "unconstitutional" vaccine mandates.

Where are you talking heads when the actual guardians of our Constitution, the men and women of our military, join up and get processed through training? Roll up those sleeves, because every one of those servicemen and women will be ordered to take the vaccines. Ordered. With real legal consequence to disobeying. As it has been for decades. They don't get to simply quit and go home. You Republicans don't mind that though, do you?

The news today is some 74 sworn Washington State Patrol (WSP) officers quit instead of protecting the public they swore to protect. The above mentioned politicians think those 74 are somehow champions of our constitution now. There's a name for how they really behaved. That name is "entitled". These people (and some others in public service) actually think the State somehow owes them their jobs, as if there aren't thousands and thousands of others who will gladly do them. Others who understand what public service is. You self-appointed constitutional "heroes" don't get it, do you?

What do you need done, WSP? Do you need someone to stand a watch? When and where? You know how to find me.

Myname Here, SMSgt, USAF (ret)

A post script for the comments that will follow: We all know what happens when anti-vaccine science deniers catch this thing, don't we? You show up at our hospitals, gasping for breath, looking for some of that science to solve your problem. Where's the courage of your convictions to ride it out at home when the chips are down? There's a phrase to describe that, too: Full of something. Rhymes with "spit". Full of spit? No. Full of slit? No. Full of something. Happy to live with your decision, but not die from it. That should tell you your decision is faulty.

Another post script to address the $12.4M WSP reports it will cost to replace those who abandoned their posts: WSP, get a grip on your officer misconduct, and you can use those millions that you are spending settling lawsuits to hire replacements instead. You get vaccinated recruits, citizens get to enjoy the constitutional rights your officers take from us, as well as enjoying not footing the bill for your officer misconduct. Everyone's a winner!

But, I didn't send it. It would be physically dangerous for me to do so. My small business would probably lose half my clients.

This is what it is to live in this shithole. You can't imagine how draining it is to have to live amongst these people. Stupid, every fucking day.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: The state of things in Dumbfuckistan

#2  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 20, 2021 4:51 pm

In my first post, I omitted the suggestion to browse the opinions page on that paper's web site. The comments are typical of what is accepted truth around here.

Reading them will suck your will to live. Be warned.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Tortured_Genius » Oct 20, 2021 5:52 pm

The_Metatron wrote:In my first post, I omitted the suggestion to browse the opinions page on that paper's web site. The comments are typical of what is accepted truth around here.

Reading them will suck your will to live. Be warned.

Actually the good news is that the first 2 letters I read from that page were urging people to get the vaccine.

The bad news is that they were just urging people over what is a clear, present and deadly public health issue that has been politically weaponised by Republican politicians in the name of what I'm now thinking of as "freedumb" - the insistence on the ability to be a fucking idiot regardless of it's effect on society as a whole.

The thing that strikes me between the eyes, and no one seems to question, is the monumental inconsistency of those extolling the virtues of freedumb. The people extolling the virtues of "free choice" seem to be awfully selective about how it's applied. Are these the sorts of people who would enthusiastically support unrestricted drug use, the legalisation of prostitution or any of the myriad of victimless crimes that an eyewatering number of US citizens are incarcerated for?

Are these people also campaigning for the release of whores and dope dealers?

Somehow, I think not.
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Alan C » Oct 20, 2021 9:18 pm

Claiming freedom to not get vaccinated is shitting on the freedom of those with actual functional brains to not die from fucking appendicitis or heart problems because their hospitals are full of said unvaccinated fuckwits.

Yes, I also call it freedumb. It's enough to make you weep for the species longterm.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#5  Postby The_Piper » Oct 21, 2021 3:52 am

Allow me a few retorts in this "safe space" :mrgreen:
The 20th Legislative District lawmaker said it was disappointing to see the workers choose between “abandoning their deeply-held beliefs or jeopardizing their family’s livelihoods.”
Now they can eagerly await instructions on what their next set of deeply held beliefs are, from the fetid corpse of Rush Limbaugh. :shifty: :shifty:
“Once again, I call on Gov. Inslee to abandon these extreme measures and join us to implement reasonable solutions.
Let me get this straight. Ahh, never mind. Ok, join us? to implement reasonable solutions? How about wear masks in public and maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible? That sounds reasonable. Oh, it's not? Cause they don't care to be reasonable. They try really hard not to be.
“A free people should be able to decide for themselves what chemicals they put into their bodies, without fear of losing their careers and livelihoods,”
:point: This "chemicals" shit again. Everything is chemicals... I shouldn't have to be forced to breathe your body's diseased respiratory tract chemicals at work because you're too childish to wear a goddamn tissue on your face to protect your fellow co-workers. Get fucked. Not in the good way, the bad way. :naughty2:

They feebly tried this in Maine too. I heard on the radio that the radically partisan supreme court struck down their attempt to have the vax measures overturned today.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Alan C » Oct 21, 2021 8:36 pm

The_Piper wrote:
“A free people should be able to decide for themselves what chemicals they put into their bodies, without fear of losing their careers and livelihoods,”
:point: This "chemicals" shit again. Everything is chemicals... I shouldn't have to be forced to breathe your body's diseased respiratory tract chemicals at work because you're too childish to wear a goddamn tissue on your face to protect your fellow co-workers. Get fucked. Not in the good way, the bad way. :naughty2:

Sideways

With a lawn chair set

The whole set
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#7  Postby chairman bill » Oct 22, 2021 8:53 am

This whole 'Freedom' thing in the US seems to be about an individual's freedom to do what the fuck they want, without concerning themselves about the right of others to be free of their inconsiderate shit. Freedom/Liberty, without concern for the freedom and rights of others, is privilege/entitlement. Well, fuck privilege.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Tortured_Genius » Oct 22, 2021 9:36 am

This one could go in so many other threads but intersects here I think:

Crime-hit Chicago grapples with police vaccine revolt(BBC)

Union boss urges Chicago Police not to comply with city vaccine mandate - apparently as some sort of protest against the mayor.

Up to 33% of Chicago police are refusing to comply with the mandate.

COVID-19 is now the leading cause of death amongst serving US police officers.

Even allowing for some slightly dodgy reporting on the numbers getting vaccinated etc, the out and out weirdness of police self-harming in some sort of vague protest I'm finding difficult to process.

Just when I think that the stories coming out of the USA couldn't get any more insane, they get more insane. Individuals doing weird shit I can understand and cope with - but a third of a major city's police force?
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby The_Metatron » Oct 22, 2021 3:38 pm

Crime will go down. This has happened before, I think. Police strikes, whatnot. The threat is empty.

Those pigs who make the threat should be removed. Happily, many will see themselves out.

Fuck 'em.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Macdoc » Oct 22, 2021 3:45 pm

The Supreme Court didn’t take the idea that vaccines were "a barbarous ceremonial of blood-poisoning” and cow worship very seriously. In a 7-2 ruling, they found that the government did have the right to impose mandatory vaccines, because “real liberty for all could not exist” if individuals used their liberty to injure others.

That was 1899 !!

....your life is your own only insofar as it does no harm to others.
You have reaped benefits of a society that grants you rights
...you also bear the responsibility that accompanies them. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 04, 2021 9:26 pm

We should tell the "freedumb" wankers straight - the Constitution does NOT bestow upon you the fictitious "right" to be a selfish Typhoid Mary.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 05, 2021 1:29 am

Still, my family and I remain. Living amongst the bluntskulls.

Motherfuckers are arming their spawn with semiautomatic magazine fed war pistols and throwing the fuckin' dice. Didn't work so well in Michigan, I think it was this week.

These people imagine they alone possess insane skill with weapons. Soon, people will start combat with each other with their guns. The courts approve of this behavior in Wisconsin.

That's what life is worth in fucking Kenosha. I was safer, by far, on the streets of Dhahrahn, Saudi Arabia.

Fucking cowards and their guns.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby The_Piper » Dec 05, 2021 2:19 am

Maybe this belongs in the psychoticistan thread, forgive me. :crazy: :shock:

Pakman says it's not funny, then proceeds to chuckle anyway. Who could blame him! :lol: I'd stopped watching for a year or so, but it seems like his videos have gotten better lately.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby The_Piper » Dec 05, 2021 2:24 am

The_Metatron wrote:Still, my family and I remain. Living amongst the bluntskulls.

Motherfuckers are arming their spawn with semiautomatic magazine fed war pistols and throwing the fuckin' dice. Didn't work so well in Michigan, I think it was this week.

These people imagine they alone possess insane skill with weapons. Soon, people will start combat with each other with their guns. The courts approve of this behavior in Wisconsin.

That's what life is worth in fucking Kenosha. I was safer, by far, on the streets of Dhahrahn, Saudi Arabia.

Fucking cowards and their guns.
The dumbfuck parents in Michigan have been arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter, thankfully. The facts and timeline easily justifies such serious charges. They didn't just roll the dice, they tipped the scale in favor of the kid getting to carry out his fantasy. He literally wrote help me on a gory drawing that morning, and they didn't help him, they insisted he stay in school. If you look into the details of that and of their arrest, they're clearly not the sharpest tools in the shed.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby chango369 » Dec 05, 2021 3:44 pm

USA's homegrown Sturmabteilung.

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#16  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 06, 2021 1:29 am

My dad's uncle Matt gave me a .22 cal single shot rifle when I was six or seven years old. It was mine, but I knew I wasn't to touch it. Unambiguous certainty about that.

For many people, such discipline is adequate. For many others, it is certainly not.

We knew our guns were tools, and we did not violate that. Ever. But, later, my little brother blew a hole in his head with one, a week short of his 30th birthday.

They cost more than their worth. Usually, it costs kids' lives. Just today for example, a one year old kid was shot to death not far from me. Boy, oh boy, if it's one thing I know about these 'mericans, they are stupid. There are not yet enough dead kids for people here to make the connection.

Dumbfuckistan indeed.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Tortured_Genius » Dec 06, 2021 10:22 am

Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#18  Postby The_Piper » Dec 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Massie is an MIT graduate who is only acting dumb to appease the lowest common denominator in his voting pool. That makes him not dumb, but "evil." That's much worse. I loathe that guy.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19  Postby chango369 » Feb 06, 2022 2:49 pm

I loathe red states.

A complaint filed by the U.S. Attorney for the District of Kansas seeks the forfeiture of $165,620 found in a van that was transporting the money to a credit union in Colorado.

Empyreal Logistics says federal and state law enforcement agencies are targeting its armored cars “because it is very profitable for those law enforcement agencies to seize the cash proceeds that Empyreal is transporting and keep that money using civil forfeiture.”

An armored car company, busted for hauling legal weed money across Kansas, is now suing the feds
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

Frank Zappa
chango369

Name: Chris
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#20  Postby The_Metatron » Apr 13, 2022 4:43 pm

In our local paper’s opinion page, another weekly column from one who claims herself to be a local historian:

Julie McDonald Commentary: Reserve Women’s Sports for Biological Females

I don’t know what I think about the dimorphic advantage some trans people may enjoy in sports. Since I don’t care about any sort of sports, this isn’t on my radar, so to speak.

But, I did take issue with her article, and I wrote her about it:

[Reveal] Spoiler: My comments to Julie
We no longer get to make comments about articles on the Chronicle’s website. Sadly, the best I can do is give you my comments directly.

You are a bad human.

You took many paragraphs to get to the part where it all fell apart: “ People have the right to identify with any gender they want — unless that choice violates the rights of others, in this case, the rights of natural-born females to compete on a fair playing field”.

“… the right to identify with …”. Not the right to be. Not the actual right to exist. You can’t seem to get you mind around something important. I will teach you.

I expect you consider yourself to be a woman. Why do you think so? Have you ever doubted it? I looked at your photo. Are you sure about your choice?

That hurt, didn’t it?

That’s what you do to every non-binary person when you don’t even acknowledge their right to existence by using a phrase “ the right to identify with”. It’s hidden, but it’s hateful bigotry.

The fact of the matter is you are a woman. Period. You didn’t choose it, you wake up that way every day. Just like trans people feel every day. They know who they are as surely as you know who you are. It is only hateful bigotry that reserves that level of self identity for their own group, as if anyone other than you binary people are somehow lesser humans.

You are a bad human.

To which she replied, seeking to reverse the charges:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Her reply to me
I appreciate your comments. I don't believe you're a bad human simply because you believe differently than I do.

Have a great day.

Julie

I reminder her of the reason for the conversation:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Closing arguments
Thanks, Julie. But, this wasn’t about my behavior.

It was about yours.

As I expected, I heard nothing further.
The_Metatron

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs