UK EU Referendum

It's on

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: UK EU Referendum

#3361  Postby mrjonno » Jul 28, 2016 11:31 am

Well good luck selling welfare increases to the electorate , Labour would be better of sponsoring foodbanks
mrjonno

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3362  Postby Fallible » Jul 28, 2016 11:34 am

*Off.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3363  Postby Thommo » Jul 28, 2016 11:35 am

Fallible wrote:*Off.

I like you.
Thommo

Print view this post

#3364  Postby VazScep » Jul 28, 2016 11:38 am

your grammer nazi fuck of.
Here we go again. First, we discover recursion.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3365  Postby VazScep » Jul 28, 2016 11:47 am

Sendraks wrote:No thanks I don't want kids.
But you should (apparently). So maybe we're letting you off, since you pay more into the system and therefore pay for someone else to make the sacrifice and raise humans on your behalf.

Seems like a good deal to me.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3366  Postby Thommo » Jul 28, 2016 12:29 pm

I still think that stylistically "raise longpigs" sounds more appealing. I don't seem to be making much headway in convincing you though.
Thommo

Print view this post

#3367  Postby Sendraks » Jul 28, 2016 12:31 pm

"Hey honey, how'd ya feel bout incubatin some o that their long-pig for 9months. We'll fatten em up reel nice and then smoke em, cure em and slow cook em up. They'll be feeding us through the winter months?"

It's not gonna work.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#3368  Postby Thommo » Jul 28, 2016 12:37 pm

You're setting the bar too high Sendraks. It doesn't have to work it just has to be less nonsensical that whatever jonno wrote.
Thommo

Print view this post

#3369  Postby VazScep » Jul 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Thommo wrote:I still think that stylistically "raise longpigs" sounds more appealing. I don't seem to be making much headway in convincing you though.
Maybe stick with "ground apes", having ground them.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3370  Postby THWOTH » Jul 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Warren Dew wrote:
Fallible wrote:I work; I don't know how much I've paid in taxes and NI, but I doubt it's enough to cover all the hospital drugs, equipment (life saving or otherwise) I've used, and scans, x-rays, eye tests, hearing tests and vaccinations I've had during my 30+ year stay in this country, and I'm not done yet.

If you've gotten more out of the system than you paid in, someone else has paid in more than they got out. Those are the people that should have the kids, as it's likely their kids that will help support the system rather than bring it down.

Yeah, I'm sick of my hard-earned tax pounds being frittered away on street lighting when most of the time I spend my evenings safely tucked up with a Barbara Cartland and a Terry s chocolate orange. Why should I pay for stuff I don't even use, or even need most of the time.

It's political correctness gone mad :lay:
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3371  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 28, 2016 1:25 pm

THWOTH wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:
Fallible wrote:I work; I don't know how much I've paid in taxes and NI, but I doubt it's enough to cover all the hospital drugs, equipment (life saving or otherwise) I've used, and scans, x-rays, eye tests, hearing tests and vaccinations I've had during my 30+ year stay in this country, and I'm not done yet.

If you've gotten more out of the system than you paid in, someone else has paid in more than they got out. Those are the people that should have the kids, as it's likely their kids that will help support the system rather than bring it down.

Yeah, I'm sick of my hard-earned tax pounds being frittered away on street lighting when most of the time I spend my evenings safely tucked up with a Barbara Cartland and a Terry s chocolate orange. Why should I pay for stuff I don't even use, or even need most of the time.

I don't have a license so all the tax money I pay that goes on roads is me putting more in that I take out. All those people taking more out of those roads by driving on them are scum wasting my money. Only someone like me who has a positive ratio should be allowed to drive. :drunk:
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#3372  Postby VazScep » Jul 28, 2016 1:29 pm

Aren't roads paid for by drivers through road tax?
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3373  Postby Fallible » Jul 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Only people who know exactly their ratio of put in : take out, and who know they are going to pay in more than they take out should have kids. So...OAPs or the dead. Seems legit.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3375  Postby THWOTH » Jul 28, 2016 1:44 pm

^ That's not a promise though, just an aspiration.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3376  Postby THWOTH » Jul 28, 2016 1:48 pm

DarthHelmet86 wrote:
THWOTH wrote:
Warren Dew wrote:

I don't have a license so all the tax money I pay that goes on roads is me putting more in that I take out. All those people taking more out of those roads by driving on them are scum wasting my money. Only someone like me who has a positive ratio should be allowed to drive. :drunk:

Indeed. I'd vote for that, and if only non-drivers were allowed to drive we could also cut CO2 emission by an estimated 400%, at least.
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3377  Postby TheMidnightBarber » Jul 28, 2016 1:50 pm

There's no such thing anymore. Drivers pay Vehicle Excise Duty based on their car's CO2 emissions. In fact if you have a car that emits less than 100 g/km you pay nothing.

The money collected from this goes into the general taxation pot, it's not earmarked for road building
Sassanach
"Doesn't even speak Gaelic"
TheMidnightBarber

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#3378  Postby mcgruff » Jul 28, 2016 1:52 pm

We're a social animal which lives in groups. Groups which continually lose members through mortality. Failing to unconditionally support the renewal of the group would be like contemplating the extinction of your own species and shrugging it off with a: "Meh. I could help but what's in it for me?

I think I'm going to form the Apocalyptic Death Wish Party. Schools? Climate change? Hospitals? Sod that. If you just want to buy more stuff from the mall vote ADWP.
mcgruff

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#3379  Postby VazScep » Jul 28, 2016 2:14 pm

TheMidnightBarber wrote:

There's no such thing anymore. Drivers pay Vehicle Excise Duty based on their car's CO2 emissions. In fact if you have a car that emits less than 100 g/km you pay nothing.

The money collected from this goes into the general taxation pot, it's not earmarked for road building
Next you'll be telling me the bear tax doesn't go on bear attack prevention.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3380  Postby laklak » Jul 28, 2016 2:21 pm

THWOTH wrote:Yeah, I'm sick of my hard-earned tax pounds being frittered away on street lighting when most of the time I spend my evenings safely tucked up with a Barbara Cartland and a Terry s chocolate orange. Why should I pay for stuff I don't even use, or even need most of the time.

So not a supporter of the pole tax then.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs