UK General Election 2015

It is on, like Donkey Kong

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: UK General Election 2015

#1001  Postby chairman bill » Mar 29, 2015 9:44 am

The Tory dirty tricks squad will be out in force now. Ed got roughed up a bit by thugs in Alex Salmond masks, prior to the Paxman questioning. I've no doubt they were neither Labour, nor SNP voters, but as this Daily Mirror report suggests, Tories.

Sinister Conservative dirty tricks campaign to target Ed Miliband is revealed
Conservative activists were among protesters, some of whom pushed and shoved the Labour leader in a “disturbing” sudden attack
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sinister-conservative-dirty-tricks-campaign-5420141

A sinister Tory plot to use flashmobs to derail Ed Miliband’s election campaign can be revealed.

Concealing their identity with masks of SNP leader Alex Salmond, Conservative activists were among protesters, some of whom pushed and shoved the Labour leader in a “disturbing” sudden attack.

A Sunday Mirror investigation has found the protest was organised by Tim Smith, a press officer at Conservative HQ, which is headed by party chairman Grant Shapps under PM David Cameron. (cont)

The Tories are scared. Cameron lacks the balls to face Miliband in a head-to-head debate, because one is an intelligent, capable, principled politician, and the other is a Tory piece of shit, a bit thick & knows he'd be slaughtered. With Labour's 4% point bounce following the leaders' interviews, the knives will most certainly be out now.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1002  Postby minininja » Mar 29, 2015 11:24 am

Senior Lib Dem throws doubt on new coalition with Tories

Energy Secretary Ed Davey says it will be ‘incredibly difficult’ to govern again with Tories because of their stance on Europe and green policy

The Liberal Democrat energy secretary, Ed Davey, has hinted strongly that he would oppose a second coalition with the Tories because their policy on Europe amounts to “economic and environmental irresponsibility of the highest order”.

Davey, seen as a likely contender in any contest to succeed Nick Clegg, told the Observer that, by contrast, the Lib Dems and Labour shared many views on the environment, although he feared that Ed Miliband’s policy of regulating energy prices would drive away investment.

In a significant intervention in an increasingly tense debate within the Lib Dems, Davey said he found another deal between the Lib Dems and Tories that would involve backing an in/out EU referendum “incredibly difficult” to envisage. The UK had made huge progress in the last five years on green issues and was now a respected international player, but a British government prepared to entertain the idea of leaving the EU would lose influence in climate change negotiations, including crucial talks in Paris at the end of this year.

Davey said: “The Conservative position on Europe is potentially economic and environmental irresponsibility of the highest order. Overall our voice in the debate will be dramatically reduced if at the time we are trying to renegoiate our membership of the EU club before a referendum.”

Some senior Lib Dems believe Clegg would strike a second coalition deal with the Tories after the election, backing legislation to allow an in/out referendum by the end of 2017 in return for major concessions to the Lib Dems, such as progress towards PR in local elections and House of Lords reform.

But senior colleagues, including business secretary Vince Cable, and former party president Tim Farron, also potential leadership contenders, have indicated that they too would find signing up to an EU referendum to be a bridge too far for a pro-European party.

Looks like any attempt by Clegg to take the Lib Dems back into coalition with the Tories would risk further fracturing what's left of their party.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]
minininja

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1003  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 29, 2015 12:00 pm

I feel it is very presumptive for the LibDems to think they will any say about the future government. They will be the last consulted.

TAXI!
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1004  Postby ED209 » Mar 29, 2015 12:28 pm

chairman bill wrote:The Tory dirty tricks squad will be out in force now. Ed got roughed up a bit by thugs in Alex Salmond masks, prior to the Paxman questioning. I've no doubt they were neither Labour, nor SNP voters, but as this Daily Mirror report suggests, Tories.

Sinister Conservative dirty tricks campaign to target Ed Miliband is revealed
Conservative activists were among protesters, some of whom pushed and shoved the Labour leader in a “disturbing” sudden attack
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sinister-conservative-dirty-tricks-campaign-5420141

A sinister Tory plot to use flashmobs to derail Ed Miliband’s election campaign can be revealed.

Concealing their identity with masks of SNP leader Alex Salmond, Conservative activists were among protesters, some of whom pushed and shoved the Labour leader in a “disturbing” sudden attack.

A Sunday Mirror investigation has found the protest was organised by Tim Smith, a press officer at Conservative HQ, which is headed by party chairman Grant Shapps under PM David Cameron. (cont)

The Tories are scared. Cameron lacks the balls to face Miliband in a head-to-head debate, because one is an intelligent, capable, principled politician, and the other is a Tory piece of shit, a bit thick & knows he'd be slaughtered. With Labour's 4% point bounce following the leaders' interviews, the knives will most certainly be out now.

It's telling that the torydems arrange for their goons to physically assault the leader of the opposition even as their own leader is too scared to face him in a debate.

And it's not surprising that people who are so thick that they don't even know who the leader of the SNP is would miss the irony of criticising labour for... what exactly, both labour and the snp have ruled out coalition between them... while cameron needed clegg's band of yellow liars to slither into downing street last time and is faced with having to bring ukip and the DUP in as well to stay in government this time.
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#1005  Postby Beatsong » Mar 29, 2015 4:43 pm

I guess we know who really won on Thursday night now.

Another four points after this Thursday?
NEVER WRONG. ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM.
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1006  Postby Aca » Mar 30, 2015 10:38 am

on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#1007  Postby chairman bill » Mar 30, 2015 11:00 am

Queen in support of UKIP, shock, horror

Her Maj.jpg
Her Maj.jpg (50.06 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1008  Postby mattthomas » Mar 30, 2015 11:11 am

chairman bill wrote:Queen in support of UKIP, shock, horror

Her Maj.jpg

She's old, white and entitled, it's either gonna be UKIP or Tories...
mattthomas

Print view this post

#1009  Postby ED209 » Mar 30, 2015 11:29 am

To ask a really stupid question is that a photoshop or the best lookalike in the world? I actually can't tell :lol:
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#1010  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 30, 2015 11:35 am

ED209 wrote:To ask a really stupid question is that a photoshop or the best lookalike in the world? I actually can't tell :lol:

At her age plenty old dears look like her but it is a good lookalike.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1011  Postby chairman bill » Mar 30, 2015 11:56 am

As far as I know, just a lookalike
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1012  Postby Emmeline » Mar 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
ED209 wrote:To ask a really stupid question is that a photoshop or the best lookalike in the world? I actually can't tell :lol:

At her age plenty old dears look like her

Do plenty old codgers look like you?

but it is a good lookalike.

Yes she is.
Emmeline

Print view this post

#1014  Postby chairman bill » Mar 30, 2015 1:28 pm

The poll tracker is OK, but the more recent poll is even more interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02n0psy

It really doesn't surprise me that Cameron didn't want a head-to-head with Miliband. The forthcoming debates might be quite problematic for the Tories
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1015  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Emmeline wrote:Do plenty old codgers look like you?

No. Nobody would wont to look like me. Creates too many problems. :whistle:

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1016  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 30, 2015 1:39 pm

chairman bill wrote:The poll tracker is OK, but the more recent poll is even more interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02n0psy

It really doesn't surprise me that Cameron didn't want a head-to-head with Miliband. The forthcoming debates might be quite problematic for the Tories

Like I always maintain Cameron is not stupid.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1017  Postby ED209 » Mar 30, 2015 1:52 pm

I don't actually know what's happening with the 'debate(s)'. I know there'll be some kind of bulshittathon where every man and his dog will talk past each other for a few minutes each - kind of like watching a whole box-set of party political broadcasts back to back - I wasn't really planning on watching it and I wonder whether many actually will. Is there more than one of these now?
ED209

Print view this post

#1018  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 30, 2015 1:54 pm

ED209 wrote:I don't actually know what's happening with the 'debate(s)'. I know there'll be some kind of bulshittathon where every man and his dog will talk past each other for a few minutes each - kind of like watching a whole box-set of party political broadcasts back to back - I wasn't really planning on watching it and I wonder whether many actually will. Is there more than one of these now?

Well that is the only one that Camshit will attend. I still think the broadcasters want to ahead with the rest using an empty chair for Camshit.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1019  Postby Beatsong » Mar 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
ED209 wrote:I don't actually know what's happening with the 'debate(s)'. I know there'll be some kind of bulshittathon where every man and his dog will talk past each other for a few minutes each - kind of like watching a whole box-set of party political broadcasts back to back - I wasn't really planning on watching it and I wonder whether many actually will. Is there more than one of these now?

Well that is the only one that Camshit will attend. I still think the broadcasters want to ahead with the rest using an empty chair for Camshit.

No, they backed down from the obvious solution of empty-chairing him. In the interests of impartiality and fairness, the broadcasters decided to rearrange the entire concept and schedule around what the tories wanted.

26 March: Live question and answer programme on Channel 4 and Sky News featuring David Cameron and Ed Miliband separately, presented by Jeremy Paxman and Kay Burley (been and gone).

2 April: Debate with seven party leaders on ITV, moderated by Julie Etchingham

16 April: Debate between five opposition party leaders on the BBC, moderated by David Dimbleby

30 April: BBC Question Time programme with David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Nick Clegg, presented by David Dimbleby

The "BBC Question Time programme" is to have the leaders taking questions separately from the audience, not debating each other. Because with Ed Miliband being so weak and lacking in leadership qualities, obviously it's not reasonable to expect the Prime Minister to be able to debate him. Or something.

Although obviously I'm only saying that out of blatent anti-semitism.
NEVER WRONG. ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM.
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1020  Postby ED209 » Mar 30, 2015 2:11 pm

Wiki says there's the bullshittathon, then a challenger debate which is the bullshittathon minus the most shameless bullshitters and which might be interesting if it turns into miliband vs farage, then a special edition of question time with miliband vs cameron and clegg.

The last is very close to the election so how it goes will depend on the polling and other developments by then. Clegg might shoot himself live on air, or maybe he'll shoot cameron, or maybe he'll finally crawl completely up cameron's arse, who knows - might be good for a laugh.
ED209

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs