Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#81  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 12, 2018 3:54 am

Agi Hammerthief wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:However Agi are you suggesting they don't feel empathy for fellow lifeforms which can experience pain?

„they“ being those who follow their language in this regard, yes.
I suggest „they“ don‘t even think about what the animals might be able to experience.
It‘s basic ignorance.

Sorry man but no chance; nice try. The Chinese study anatomy; are aware of pain receptors in animals; are aware of TOE. The sound of a dog yelping has evolved along with us to be upsetting. There's no way on this planet that they're unaware the dogs suffer.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
User avatar
Keep It Real
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 6865
Age: 37
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#82  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jan 12, 2018 4:04 am

I doubt thost slaughtering dogs at the festival have seen a universtiy from the inside, or posdibly the outside.
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )

when you chop off your neighbours head and use it as a vase, you can call it 'culture'.
it's called civilisation is when this gets you jailed for the rest of your live.
User avatar
Agi Hammerthief
 
Posts: 2285
Age: 45
Male

Country: .de
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#83  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 12, 2018 4:10 am

However the government officials who allow/enable it most certainly have. And also one does not need any education to recognise that a dogs yelp is caused by pain.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
User avatar
Keep It Real
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 6865
Age: 37
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#84  Postby Agi Hammerthief » Jan 12, 2018 4:34 am

what is the point you are trying to make? just now?
* my (modified) emphasis ( or 'interpretation' )

when you chop off your neighbours head and use it as a vase, you can call it 'culture'.
it's called civilisation is when this gets you jailed for the rest of your live.
User avatar
Agi Hammerthief
 
Posts: 2285
Age: 45
Male

Country: .de
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#85  Postby BlackBart » Jan 12, 2018 6:58 am

Keep It Real wrote:Houston we have a problem. There's a senior Chinese lady with mental health issues living in my town. She is currently getting pimped out for £1 a trick. She does a lot of business. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind; two wrongs don't make a right .....anybody think of any more?


And that has what to do with the Yulin festival exactly?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Posts: 11399
Age: 56
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#86  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 12, 2018 7:01 am

Keep It Real wrote:However the government officials who allow/enable it most certainly have. And also one does not need any education to recognise that a dogs yelp is caused by pain.

You don't need to have an education to see lobsters trying to get out of the boiling water. Your government officials allow/enable it.

Lest someone comes along and thinks I'm making a serious claim, I'm not. I'm just pointing out how absurd KIR's is.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 12449
Age: 38
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#87  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 12, 2018 9:06 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:However the government officials who allow/enable it most certainly have. And also one does not need any education to recognise that a dogs yelp is caused by pain.

You don't need to have an education to see lobsters trying to get out of the boiling water. Your government officials allow/enable it.


We haven't got a brand spanking new lobster festival where 15,000 lobsters are boiled, shelled and blowtorched alive. Some chefs still boil lobsters alive probably but purely out of apathy/ignorance - they don't go out of their way to make them suffer. False analogy. Also; as has been mentioned to you already lobster =/= dog. You'll be saying the fact some people skewer live bait on hooks when fishing means we're being hypocritical having a problem with Yulin. :crazy:
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
User avatar
Keep It Real
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 6865
Age: 37
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#88  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 12, 2018 9:08 am

BlackBart wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:Houston we have a problem. There's a senior Chinese lady with mental health issues living in my town. She is currently getting pimped out for £1 a trick. She does a lot of business. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind; two wrongs don't make a right .....anybody think of any more?


And that has what to do with the Yulin festival exactly?


The pimp in question is livid about Yulin. She's Chinese. £1 a trick. Come on BB.....
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
User avatar
Keep It Real
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 6865
Age: 37
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#89  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 12, 2018 9:11 am

surreptitious57 wrote:Lobsters are crustaceans with fewer nerve endings than mammals and have a higher degree of resistance to pain. Crabs can lose a limb in combat and feel no pain at all. So in that respect frying a lobster alive in boiling hot water is not comparable
to frying a dog alive. Crustaceans have exoskeletons that protect them from the environment while mammals only have fur Also humans keep mammals as pets and have an emotional connection with them. I am not saying frying lobsters is morally justifiable rather that comparing them to frying dogs is logically inconsistent which makes for a very poor argument indeed


Bye bye SAM :coffee:
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
User avatar
Keep It Real
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 6865
Age: 37
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#90  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:Lobsters are crustaceans with fewer nerve endings than mammals and have a higher degree of resistance to pain. Crabs can lose a limb in combat and feel no pain at all. So in that respect frying a lobster alive in boiling hot water is not comparable
to frying a dog alive. Crustaceans have exoskeletons that protect them from the environment while mammals only have fur Also humans keep mammals as pets and have an emotional connection with them. I am not saying frying lobsters is morally justifiable rather that comparing them to frying dogs is logically inconsistent which makes for a very poor argument indeed


Bye bye SAM :coffee:

"It maybe feels somewhat less pain" isn't a good argument :facepalm: It doesn't matter how much pain they feel in terms of your argument, because your point is that you're causing them pain without care, not what threshold of pain is acceptable.

And again, it doesn't matter if most chefs do boil them alive or not, your argument is that the government allows/encourages it, therefore your government allows/encourages animal torture via lobsters. Your argument is so shitty, it defeats itself.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 12449
Age: 38
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#91  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Keep It Real wrote:You'll be saying the fact some people skewer live bait on hooks when fishing means we're being hypocritical having a problem with Yulin. :crazy:

There's nothing wrong with having a problem with Yulin. As sources I linked you to show, the Chinese themselves have a problem with Yulin. My problem is your bigoted and poorly constructed argument that somehow the Chinese as a people are barbarians who love torturing animals. By your measure (the government allows and therefore encourages it), so do yours.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 12449
Age: 38
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#92  Postby BlackBart » Jan 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:Houston we have a problem. There's a senior Chinese lady with mental health issues living in my town. She is currently getting pimped out for £1 a trick. She does a lot of business. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind; two wrongs don't make a right .....anybody think of any more?


And that has what to do with the Yulin festival exactly?


The pimp in question is livid about Yulin. She's Chinese. £1 a trick. Come on BB.....


So nothing then.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Posts: 11399
Age: 56
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#93  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm

Come now, you're just player hating or something.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 12449
Age: 38
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#94  Postby BlackBart » Jan 12, 2018 7:28 pm

It the only logical explanation. :teef:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Posts: 11399
Age: 56
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#95  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 12, 2018 11:08 pm

You always have been so stubborn that you're unable to listen to reason and modify your beliefs accordingly SAM. I really an't be bothered to pick apart yet more of your flimsy misrepresentations and falsehoods - they're plain for all to see. Perhaps I'll reply to some of your posts in future but I doubt it. Enough's enough.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
User avatar
Keep It Real
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 6865
Age: 37
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#96  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jan 13, 2018 12:28 am

Keep It Real wrote:You always have been so stubborn that you're unable to listen to reason and modify your beliefs accordingly SAM.

A more ironic statement I have yet to see :lol:

I really an't be bothered to pick apart yet more of your flimsy misrepresentations and falsehoods - they're plain for all to see.

That's an interesting way to concede that you're unable to counter my points.

Perhaps I'll reply to some of your posts in future but I doubt it. Enough's enough.

Whatever you say.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 12449
Age: 38
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#97  Postby laklak » Jan 13, 2018 3:26 am

I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that Switzerland has outlawed boiling lobsters alive.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/01/12/swiss-government-rules-lobsters-must-be-stunned-before-being-boiled.html
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 18626
Age: 64
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#98  Postby The_Piper » Jan 13, 2018 5:18 am

laklak wrote:I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that Switzerland has outlawed boiling lobsters alive.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/01/12/swiss-government-rules-lobsters-must-be-stunned-before-being-boiled.html

I read the first couple dozen comments and they're far dumber than I imagined. But they mostly believe that Fox News is fair and balanced. :lol: :lol:

From the article -
The Switzerland's government has barred the culinary practice...
The Switzerland's government? :doh:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 24588
Age: 44
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#99  Postby Keep It Real » Jan 13, 2018 6:13 am

laklak wrote:I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that Switzerland has outlawed boiling lobsters alive.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/01/12/swiss-government-rules-lobsters-must-be-stunned-before-being-boiled.html


What you doing reading fox laklak? :lol: ;) Bloomin brilliant news! Every other country needs to follow suit ASAP. I'm pretty damn certain this is a direct consequence of the Yulin situation.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
User avatar
Keep It Real
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 6865
Age: 37
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Yulin dog meat festival (tortuous Chinese)

#100  Postby Fallible » Jan 13, 2018 8:14 am

Lol
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 47221
Age: 45
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest