Are Dogs Atheist?

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Are Dogs Atheist?

#481  Postby VazScep » Sep 19, 2015 6:33 pm

scott1328 wrote:So you would ban from programming language, and apparently natural languages, all constructs that would discern an object's type (or class (or interface))
Yep. That's the whole principle behind type-erasure. You're not allowed to discriminate at runtime on the type of an object, because the type is erased from the runtime.

What kind of an Ivory Tower do you live in? (But I suppose that question is unaskable in your world too)
The same ivory tower that C and C++ live in, along with all other languages for which types were first introduced, and along with all other typed languages which are interested in efficiency, which erase all their types from their runtimes because it's impractical for a systems language to do otherwise.

Please learn some basic fucking programming theory before accusing me of being in an ivory tower.
Here we go again. First, we discover recursion.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#482  Postby scott1328 » Sep 19, 2015 7:49 pm

VazScep wrote:
scott1328 wrote:So you would ban from programming language, and apparently natural languages, all constructs that would discern an object's type (or class (or interface))
Yep. That's the whole principle behind type-erasure. You're not allowed to discriminate at runtime on the type of an object, because the type is erased from the runtime.

What kind of an Ivory Tower do you live in? (But I suppose that question is unaskable in your world too)
The same ivory tower that C and C++ live in, along with all other languages for which types were first introduced, and along with all other typed languages which are interested in efficiency, which erase all their types from their runtimes because it's impractical for a systems language to do otherwise.

Please learn some basic fucking programming theory before accusing me of being in an ivory tower.

:waah:
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#483  Postby John Platko » Sep 19, 2015 8:22 pm

hackenslash wrote:I tell you who has cool friends, AND the best line in popcorn...

I bet they have a great life
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Nontheism