Confirmations of a Creator of the Universe

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Confirmations of a Creator of the Universe

#261  Postby Destroyer » Dec 24, 2018 9:07 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
It does not matter how proficient I become in the physical sciences I will still accept the physical universe as valid in itself : ie the physical universe is an independent / autonomous system. No amount of education in the sciences will alter this fact
Nevertheless despite that I still posit God as the fundamental Nature of Existence ..... This is clearly nonsense and does not logically compute : how can the physical universe be independent / autonomous and yet not be fundamental itself ?

The Universe is an isolated system [ one where energy cannot exit or enter ]
And as it is all that exists then it is also indepedent / autonomous as you say

But then you go commit a logical fallacy [ non sequitur ] by introducing God
Who has got absolutely nothing to do with the Universe as a physical system

The fact that you say it is a paradox does not invalidate the non sequitur since you lay claim to both your statements

You have also asserted God exists without any evidence so have committed another logical fallacy [ God Of The Gaps ]

So you either therefore need to :

A ] Provide actual evidence for this God

B ] Remove him from the equation entirely

Failure to do so renders your argument invalid

The only snippet in public that I will offer is this: what is the significance of males and females? : they are opposites. Men represent the One who is strong and has fundamental Energy i.e. God. Whereas women represent the physical universe in its beauty: i.e. having the ability to self-replicate and produce a system of relatives.

This will conclude my contribution to this thread.
Destroyer

Name: Patrick Mills
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#262  Postby Hermit » Dec 24, 2018 10:07 am

Destroyer wrote:
The only snippet in public that I will offer is this: what is the significance of males and females? : they are opposites. Men represent the One who is strong and has fundamental Energy i.e. God. Whereas women represent the physical universe in its beauty: i.e. having the ability to self-replicate and produce a system of relatives.

I do so hope that all forum members who badgered Destroyer for divulging his thoughts in public that he has insisted on passing on via private messages only will now lose all interest in hearing it either way already. Destroyer is just regurgitating the cud that Jordan Peterson has chewed up before him, who in turn has recycled the cud Otto Weininger has belched out just over a century earlier.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#263  Postby Fenrir » Dec 24, 2018 11:12 am

Destroyer wrote:The absurdity of the claim I insist has factual support.

I seriously doubt anyone is arguing that there is no factual support for the absurdity of your claim. Take that as read.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#264  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 24, 2018 11:19 am

He can insist anything he wants but it does not make it a fact unless there is real evidence which of course there is not.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#265  Postby Fallible » Dec 24, 2018 12:04 pm

Destroyer wrote:The only snippet in public that I will offer is this: what is the significance of males and females? : they are opposites. Men represent the One who is strong and has fundamental Energy i.e. God. Whereas women represent the physical universe in its beauty: i.e. having the ability to self-replicate and produce a system of relatives.

I see...

No, I don't. This is infantile wibble.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#266  Postby newolder » Dec 24, 2018 12:43 pm

Destroyer wrote:...

Your reticence is perfectly understandable. This "snippet" belongs with the rest on the cutting room floor. Truly tragic. :nono:
Geometric forgetting gives me loops. - Nima A-H
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#267  Postby SafeAsMilk » Dec 24, 2018 8:40 pm

Destroyer wrote:

You might want to look up the definition of "opposites". I can see why you keep this to yourself, though you might want to re-consider so it isn't left to your PM victims to point out simple things like this.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#268  Postby OlivierK » Dec 24, 2018 10:53 pm

He might want to consider some remedial sex education, while he's at it.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#269  Postby surreptitious57 » Dec 26, 2018 3:47 am

Destroyer wrote:
The only snippet in public that I will offer is this : what is the significance of males and females ? : they are opposites
Men represent the One who is strong and has fundamental Energy i e God . Whereas women represent the physical
universe in its beauty : i e having the ability to self replicate and produce a system of relatives

I ] Men and women are only opposites in terms of gender and nothing else
2 ] Provide evidence for God not word salad about fundamental energy
3 ] The Universe is cold and dark and empty rather than beautiful
4 ] Only hermaphrodites can self replicate
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Nontheism