here and now

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

here and now

#1  Postby blackhash » Mar 09, 2017 10:08 am

We are going to be judged on the Judgment Day. A day for justice for all, so the theists say.
I mean see "A girl was raped in a small town in Texas. Her life was transformed. She was continuously haunted by the image of the rapist". I am sure this girl will get justice on the JD.
My problem is : Her relations, her family, her life. Is she going to get it back on the JD? NO NO NO. You are alone on the day of judgment. You see your dear ones, say hello maybe, giggle, but that's it. The life and those moments on Earth are not going to be returned.
User avatar
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: parag ramesh tamhankar
Posts: 59

Country: India
India (in)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: here and now

#2  Postby Sendraks » Mar 09, 2017 10:15 am

Are you suggesting the idea of judgement day is unfair?
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15239
Age: 104
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#3  Postby BlackBart » Mar 09, 2017 10:21 am

blackhash wrote:The life and those moments on Earth are not going to be returned.


Aren't they? Do you have evidence for this assertion? And if she and her and her relations are supposedly going to enter an eternal paradise, why would it matter?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12233
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#4  Postby crank » Mar 09, 2017 10:35 am

On judgement day, I will tell the fucker he's got no business judging me considering what a massively evil piece of shit he is.

What happens with widows and widowers who remarry, who do they hang with in the big 'H'? And Mathew Dillahunty has the best response to anything about going to be with god. If I go to hell, there is no way my mother could blissfully exist in a heaven, if she was there, it wouldn't be her. In other words, no one is ever going to heaven without some unasked for mind fucking.Anone really up for an eternity of kissing some ethereal beings ass? How much playing harp are you going to enjoy? A year, maybe two? What about after a million? A billion? Only the deranged, stupid, and those totally lacking imagination can ever really want to live/exist forever.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
User avatar
crank
RS Donator
 
Name: Sick & Tired
Posts: 10413
Age: 5
Male

Country: 2nd miasma on the left
Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#5  Postby blackhash » Mar 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Sendraks wrote:Are you suggesting the idea of judgement day is unfair?


I am saying "We are not going to relive our lives in the heaven/hell or whatever if there is one" And BTW for the Holocaust Victims and similarly others "It may be too little too late"
Organised crimes can hardly be pinned on someone.
User avatar
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: parag ramesh tamhankar
Posts: 59

Country: India
India (in)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#6  Postby blackhash » Mar 09, 2017 12:48 pm

BlackBart wrote:
blackhash wrote:The life and those moments on Earth are not going to be returned.


Aren't they? Do you have evidence for this assertion? And if she and her and her relations are supposedly going to enter an eternal paradise, why would it matter?


There is no Paradise or Hell. These things have been invented so that people are patient with their sufferings.
User avatar
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: parag ramesh tamhankar
Posts: 59

Country: India
India (in)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#7  Postby crank » Mar 09, 2017 1:27 pm

What's judgement day for, then? Where are we going to be going after we're judged? How many paths are there? If there's a purgatory, is it in Utah?
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
User avatar
crank
RS Donator
 
Name: Sick & Tired
Posts: 10413
Age: 5
Male

Country: 2nd miasma on the left
Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: here and now

#8  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 09, 2017 1:43 pm

blackhash wrote:
There is no Paradise or Hell. These things have been invented so that people are patient with their sufferings.


Why don't you tell us what's really bothering you, blackhash? Why are you insisting on hanging on to terms like "god" and "paradise" and "judgement" if you don't believe in them?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29545
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#9  Postby BlackBart » Mar 09, 2017 6:07 pm

blackhash wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
blackhash wrote:The life and those moments on Earth are not going to be returned.


Aren't they? Do you have evidence for this assertion? And if she and her and her relations are supposedly going to enter an eternal paradise, why would it matter?


There is no Paradise or Hell. These things have been invented so that people are patient with their sufferings.


There's no judgement day either. Your line of reasoning is all over the place. Are you trying to claim there is an issue with the internal logic of the judgement day story or that it doesn't exist in the first place?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12233
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#10  Postby blackhash » Mar 10, 2017 1:54 am

Cito di Pense wrote:
blackhash wrote:
There is no Paradise or Hell. These things have been invented so that people are patient with their sufferings.


Why don't you tell us what's really bothering you, blackhash? Why are you insisting on hanging on to terms like "god" and "paradise" and "judgement" if you don't believe in them?


I am assuming it for the sake of the atheist to expose his fallacious argument.
User avatar
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: parag ramesh tamhankar
Posts: 59

Country: India
India (in)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#11  Postby monkeyboy » Mar 10, 2017 2:56 am

blackhash wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
blackhash wrote:
There is no Paradise or Hell. These things have been invented so that people are patient with their sufferings.


Why don't you tell us what's really bothering you, blackhash? Why are you insisting on hanging on to terms like "god" and "paradise" and "judgement" if you don't believe in them?


I am assuming it for the sake of the atheist to expose his fallacious argument.

Which would be what?
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
User avatar
monkeyboy
 
Posts: 5473
Male

Country: England
England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#12  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 10, 2017 4:28 am

blackhash wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
blackhash wrote:
There is no Paradise or Hell. These things have been invented so that people are patient with their sufferings.


Why don't you tell us what's really bothering you, blackhash? Why are you insisting on hanging on to terms like "god" and "paradise" and "judgement" if you don't believe in them?


I am assuming it for the sake of the atheist to expose his fallacious argument.


Oh, you mean the atheist's observation that the entire idea of Paradise is to represent this life as insignificant. The theist's fallacious argument that Paradise awaits is based on what?

blackhash wrote:
Organised crimes can hardly be pinned on someone.


Yes, they can, and they are. That earthly justice is not inevitable is no reason to stop trying. You might be saying that 'trying' is pointless. Perhaps it is, for someone with your meagre ambitions. Your religion may have taught you that ambition is pointless. Based on what? The fact that some people, like the ones who taught you the drivel you're being so coy about stating, are more successful criminals than others?

blackhash wrote:I believe in non existence of a God, a soul, karma and sin. We do have choices, no free will though. The decisions we take reflect circumstances mostly and sometimes our beliefs. Our life is the becoming of our choices at every turn.


Ah, I see. You were lying when you stated this, or (rather) "assuming it for the sake of exposing the atheit's fallacious argument". Lying for Jesus (or whomever your favorite representative is)? Standard procedure, then, is what we should expect from you?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29545
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#13  Postby blackhash » Mar 10, 2017 5:15 am

monkeyboy wrote:
blackhash wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
blackhash wrote:
There is no Paradise or Hell. These things have been invented so that people are patient with their sufferings.


Why don't you tell us what's really bothering you, blackhash? Why are you insisting on hanging on to terms like "god" and "paradise" and "judgement" if you don't believe in them?


I am assuming it for the sake of the theist to expose his fallacious argument.

Which would be what?
User avatar
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: parag ramesh tamhankar
Posts: 59

Country: India
India (in)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#14  Postby monkeyboy » Mar 10, 2017 5:41 am

I have no idea what you are talking about any more. Why not start again and check what you write before you post. Second thoughts, maybe don't.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
User avatar
monkeyboy
 
Posts: 5473
Male

Country: England
England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#15  Postby blackhash » Mar 10, 2017 5:47 am

I would request the posters to ignore errors in writing and know the gist of my argument.
User avatar
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: parag ramesh tamhankar
Posts: 59

Country: India
India (in)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: here and now

#16  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 10, 2017 10:22 am

blackhash wrote:I would request the posters to ignore errors in writing and know the gist of my argument.


Why should anyone give a fuck about the gist of your argument if you can't express it? If you're expressing an atheistic point of view, don't spend a lot of effort trying to translate terms like 'god' and 'paradise' and 'suffering' for your audience, because that makes it look as if you're trying to communicate with theists instead. Here's an example:

blackhash wrote:
There is no Paradise or Hell. These things have been invented so that people are patient with their sufferings.


If you think you're talking to atheists, then why bother with statements like this? No one in your intended audience believes in Paradise or Hell. So who's your intended audience? If you understand that you are talking to skeptics, many of them will be skeptical of your positivist statement that there is no Paradise or Hell, because they're skeptical that you even need to make statements like that and will happily say, rather, that they lack belief in these concepts, having been given no good reasons to accept such beliefs.

It's a good working hypothesis that these concepts of 'god' and 'paradise' are inventions and stories, and that's how we conduct ourselves day to day in dealing with people who claim to believe them. What more is required of us? You don't need to rehearse such statements here, unless you're still trying to work out what you think, and find that repetition of mantras is helping you.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29545
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#17  Postby Fallible » Mar 10, 2017 10:45 am

I wish this guy would stop making nonsensical threads.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#18  Postby blackhash » Mar 10, 2017 11:28 am

I do not wish to get into a scuffle here. I want to initiate a discussion involving concepts like Paradise/Hell or say God. I think I have made a cogent argument.
User avatar
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: parag ramesh tamhankar
Posts: 59

Country: India
India (in)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#19  Postby Fallible » Mar 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Why do you want to initiate a discussion involving concepts like paradise/hell or say God? We're atheists.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: here and now

#20  Postby blackhash » Mar 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Fallible wrote:Why do you want to initiate a discussion involving concepts like paradise/hell or say God? We're atheists.

Well, there are theists poaching the unsuspecting atheist, trying to convert him. It is therefore necessary to give valid arguments to the world. At least, I am not into ism's. Let reason prevail.
User avatar
blackhash
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: parag ramesh tamhankar
Posts: 59

Country: India
India (in)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Nontheism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest