Can personal experience be evidence of the paranormal?

Split from 'Is Jesus mythicism "denialism"?'

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Can personal experience be evidence of the paranormal?

#1521  Postby felltoearth » Jun 05, 2016 6:43 am

I'm feeling left out now. :(
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1522  Postby Agrippina » Jun 05, 2016 7:19 am

felltoearth wrote:I'm feeling left out now. :(

Don't you just hate it when that happens? :grin:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#1523  Postby the_5th_ape » Jun 05, 2016 8:18 am

The very first thing I noticed in your post was that weblink. I thought you posted a link to medical evidence. I clicked on it and saw some sad looking faces. WTF? I then tabbed back to your window to read your post. So you took all this time to "remote view"? You mentioned somewhere that you will get back with medical evidence, remember? Was that a joke?

Is it possible to set up a poll?
maybe with
1. some likeness.
2. vague likeness
3. no likeness
4. EPIC FAIL

That drawing looks nothing like me, not even close to any members in my family.
One of the guy in your drawing looks like hitler without moustache :lol:
Thanking God for sparing you in a natural disaster is like
sending a thank-you note to a serial killer for stabbing the family next door

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Best Answer
the_5th_ape

Male

Print view this post

#1524  Postby the_5th_ape » Jun 05, 2016 8:40 am

*remove*
Thanking God for sparing you in a natural disaster is like
sending a thank-you note to a serial killer for stabbing the family next door

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Best Answer
the_5th_ape

Male

Print view this post

#1525  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jun 05, 2016 10:19 am

Agrippina wrote:
Doubtdispelled wrote:I want my pic up there!!

Oh, wait, I haven't posted in this thread.

:sigh:

She has a standard downturned mouth image, so there's a start. Now stop laughing. This is supposed to be deadly serious. Hmm I think I'll use her image as an avatar pic. :grin:

:rofl:
God's hand might have shaken just a bit when he was finishing off the supposed masterwork of his creative empire.. - Stephen King
Doubtdispelled

Print view this post

#1526  Postby Fallible » Jun 05, 2016 11:22 am

kyrani99 wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:
Perhaps I can get the evidence by remote viewing. Worth a try! :coffee:

Graham H had suggested I do a remote viewing of him some time back. I thought maybe it would be better to do many and thus see if there is any significant number of likenesses. With this in mind I tried to remote view some of the members here over the last two days.

You can find the file here: https://kyrani99.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 4-2016.png

It is in my blog library but not on any post.

I don't know how good my efforts are of two reasons.
1. the relationship is only what is on the forum and I don't know if that is enough and
2. there are people hassling me 24/7 so there is a lot of interference.

To overcome the problems above I tried to draw members in three goes (not all because those with photos turned out to be an interference as the photo came to mind).
I did drawing using:
1. the mouse and MS paint,
2. charcoal and
3. acrylic paint (brown or black on fawn or white background).

And I did each attempt at drawing a member with a particular media several hours apart so that I had forgotten what the previous attempt looked like.

Also they are quick sketches because one has to keep blank mind and not allow imagination to get in the way.

Is it possible to set up a poll?
maybe with
1. some likeness.
2. vague likeness
3. no likeness.

kyrani

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow...what can I say? Mine is perfect.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1527  Postby Fallible » Jun 05, 2016 11:22 am

US has made an excellent suggestion, which is that we should set these as our avatars.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1528  Postby Fallible » Jun 05, 2016 11:26 am

kyrani99 wrote:
BlackBart wrote:Nice to see I've shaved my beard off...and found a cure for baldness... ...and miraculously grown my left eye back. :coffee:

Thank you for your feedback.
I wasn't optimistic but I thought I would try. There is a very weak relationship with others on forums and there are a lot of people hassling me so it is likely I pick up on them instead.

Oh...yeah, yeah...yeah...that's definitely it. It's definitely that you're picking up on others who are hassling you. It's definitely not that you can't do remote viewing.

Just for purposes of accuracy, this picture of me (on the right) is readily available on this very forum -

Last edited by Fallible on Jun 05, 2016 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1529  Postby UncertainSloth » Jun 05, 2016 11:28 am

BlackBart wrote:Fallible's looks like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror :tehe:

this is one of the reasons why i am stunned by the accuracy of the sketch...

though fallible's hairline recedes further....
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1530  Postby Fallible » Jun 05, 2016 11:34 am

Yeah, I'm practically bald now.

This thread has made my day. We should have a Hall of Fame thread for moments such as these.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1531  Postby Fallible » Jun 05, 2016 11:41 am

kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Well I'm telling you: it didn't work at all. All you've managed to do so far is convince everyone that not only do you not have super powers, but you can't even tell that it's really obvious that you don't have super powers.

I am not claiming to have any super powers. You are making that claim. All I am saying is that paranormal abilities, especially telepathy are part of being a sentient being BUT relationship, which involves mental entanglement, is a necessary condition. That condition is absent here.

And if you read back on the thread you will find that on page 48 in a discussion with GrahamH the following was said:
kyrani99 wrote: Even in remote viewing the perception is not summonsed. I use remote viewing every day in combating my enemies. The process is automatic. I do not try to think of or image. I maintain a blank mind. I use a mouse or a pen and I draw as the pen or mouse moves. I use no direction. The face appears as if of its own volition.

GrahamH wrote:Mention of remote viewing is asking to be challenged. Can you remote view me?

kyrani99 wrote: I don't know how well I could remote view you for two reasons. One is that I don't feel a strong connection because I don't know you. I only connect through writing on the forum, which might be enough. I don't know.

The other reason is that I am being continually hassled by people and that may become an interference. I don't know.

What my effort has confirmed for me is that I am right about the reasons I gave then and now. Remote viewing requires some relationship when it has to do with other people. This is one effort out of hundreds of others. I failed to get any result here, which is what I expected. But I have done hundreds of other remote viewing and I have had very good results.

So...what you're saying is that you have to have a relationship other than an internet one with a person for remote viewing to work. Or to put it another way, you have to have seen what a person looks like in order to remote view them. That's really weird, isn't it.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1532  Postby scott1328 » Jun 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Ah damn. I missed all the fun. I wanted a remote view portrait too. She even has my 20+ Years old avatar to go by. :(
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1533  Postby UncertainSloth » Jun 05, 2016 12:15 pm

scott1328 wrote:Ah damn. I missed all the fun. I wanted a remote view portrait too. She even has my 20+ Years old avatar to go by. :(

you're one of the lucky ones, pal, you're on there...

now if i were only more prolific in my posting, i too would have been a subject....:(
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” Tolkein
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1534  Postby scott1328 » Jun 05, 2016 12:21 pm

UncertainSloth wrote:
scott1328 wrote:Ah damn. I missed all the fun. I wanted a remote view portrait too. She even has my 20+ Years old avatar to go by. :(

you're one of the lucky ones, pal, you're on there...

now if i were only more prolific in my posting, i too would have been a subject....:(

Hot damn. I wonder how Kyranni missed that I have a gloriously full head of wavy silver hair and wear glasses? I am told my head in sunlight can be seen from the ISS
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1535  Postby Fallible » Jun 05, 2016 12:28 pm

It's almost like she can't do remote viewing!
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1536  Postby Shrunk » Jun 05, 2016 12:33 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Well I'm telling you: it didn't work at all. All you've managed to do so far is convince everyone that not only do you not have super powers, but you can't even tell that it's really obvious that you don't have super powers.

I am not claiming to have any super powers. You are making that claim. All I am saying is that paranormal abilities, especially telepathy are part of being a sentient being BUT relationship, which involves mental entanglement, is a necessary condition. That condition is absent here.

Ah. So you are saying that the fact that your attempt at "remote viewing" failed so completely is proof that your theory is correct?

EDIT: Holy shit! I wrote that without reading the rest of the post. Fuck me, but you go on to make that exact claim!

:picard:
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1537  Postby Agrippina » Jun 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Fallible wrote:It's almost like she can't do remote viewing!

Funny you should say that. :doh:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#1538  Postby kyrani99 » Jun 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:Well, apart from all 3 of the images of me looking nothing like me (nor even closely resembling each other) despite the fact that you had no image to distract you, Kyrani, I have noticed a disturbing trend. All of the images you drew of people showed a downturned mouth, which indicates that you appear to think everyone on this forum (that you have drawn) unhappy in some way. or maybe you subconsciously see people as against you.

I feel this drawing say more about your mental state than they do about the physical likenesses (or otherwise) of people on this forum or your ability to remotely view.

And to "ape" another member (see what I did there?), have you any evidence to show us yet? :roll:

Firstly thanks for your feedback.
The stroke I used, which you interpret as "downturned mouth" is only the upper lip and I could have drawn another stroke to complete the lips and they would not look down turned. However I gave myself 30 secs for the mouse and charcoal drawings so as to avoid imagination. If you look at the acrylics, where I gave myself 2mins because it is not possible to use a brush or sponge continuously without adding paint or water, you will find they have more detail in the mouth the majority have a neutral straight mouth. If you see them as negative then maybe it is your mental state that is creating this negativity.

You are saying that because the drawings are not showing emotional expression then they are not happy. I was only trying to get the features if possible, which as it turned out not possible. I had thought as much before I made the attempt.

As far as saying that people on this forum are against me again you are drawing that conclusion. I have said pages back that I did not think so. I think what I stand for, which is the supernatural, is what people don't like and are against.
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Name: Kyrani Eade
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#1539  Postby Agrippina » Jun 05, 2016 1:35 pm

It's not that we "don't Like" the supernatural, or that we're "against" it. Speaking for myself, I'm indifferent because like gods, I don't think anything else supernatural exists. You can no more read my mind than I can tell what the weather's going to do tomorrow without looking at a forecast. At least for that, there is a forecast, for your nonsense, there's nothing.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#1540  Postby kyrani99 » Jun 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Shrunk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:The physical body stops. We all know this.
But those that have had experience of something more know that the being, who experienced through the physical body, continues on.

So we have a well-documented example of a person who died, whose body decomposed to dust, and yet who was still describing to others what he was thinking and experiencing? Cool. I don't know how I could have missed that. Because, obviously, having someone recount experiences from when their brain was malfunctioning but still alive does not even remotely demonstrate your claim.

We don't have "well-documented" evidence of a person who has died and whose body decomposed or was burnt to dust and yet still in communication with others through conscious experience. My guru came to my aid when I needed help to overcome an enemy. The exchange that took place could be called "in the mind" but it was through consciousness, of one conscious being interacting with another. She left her body and was cremated in the late 1970s and this experience was, if I remember correctly, in early 1998.

My experience is not uncommon. You might want to say that I have a unique connection to my guru but there are plenty of ordinary experiences of people all over the world, who have communed some how with a loved one that has passed over. You don't need to consider NDEs for evidence. But of course you consider all these experiences as delusional or imaginary. But that is just an opinion.
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Name: Kyrani Eade
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural