Charlie Charlie Charlie

The new social media craze

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Charlie Charlie Charlie

#1  Postby Sovereign » May 26, 2015 3:22 am

A terrifying new Twitter craze has been sparked by claims a simple ritual can be used to summon the spirit of a Mexican demon called Charlie.

A ouija board-inspired game called the CharlieCharlieChallenge has surged across social media, prompting vast numbers of youngsters to claim they have successfully communicated with a sombrero-wearing spook.

A Twitter storm erupted yesterday after some users claimed an "ancient Mexican tradition" could be used to request a ghostly visitation.

Continues
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Charlie Charlie Charlie

#2  Postby electricwhiteboy » May 26, 2015 10:10 am

That's the name of my cat who is something of a magnificent bastard, though in no way Mexican. If they summon him then they shall indeed have a pointy eared hellcat on their hands. They would need to include some cat treats in the ritual though.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#3  Postby tolman » May 30, 2015 6:33 pm

"Vatican exorcist warns of 'possession' risk posed by viral Mexican 'demon-summoning' craze."

Or, in the Real World, the twin risks of the odd mentally ill person taking things seriously, and the risk of everyone else doing the magic ritual, finding out that fuck-all happens despite what they have been told, and then making unwelcome comparisons with Catholicism and its magic rituals.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#4  Postby laklak » May 30, 2015 7:39 pm

There must be a helluva lot of really bored people out there if this silliness is "terrifying". FFS, what kind of Mexican is named "Charlie" anyway?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Thommo » May 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Thommo

Print view this post

#6  Postby Matthew Shute » May 30, 2015 9:57 pm

laklak wrote:There must be a helluva lot of really bored people out there if this silliness is "terrifying". FFS, what kind of Mexican is named "Charlie" anyway?

For that matter, what kind of underwhelming demon is called Charlie? Aren't they supposed to have exotic and impressive-sounding names - Azmodeus, Beelzebub, Vassago, Bhaal, et al? Imagine going to the trouble of opening a gateway to the Stygian Abyss, only to be confronted by... someone with the same name as Snoopy's best friend. Disappointing, no?
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#7  Postby laklak » May 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi, I'm Charlie the demon, and this is Doris the succubus.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Sciwoman » May 31, 2015 1:56 am

laklak wrote:Hi, I'm Charlie the demon, and this is Doris the succubus.

:rofl:
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin
Sciwoman
RS Donator

Name: AKA Ayaan
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby electricwhiteboy » May 31, 2015 8:06 am

The origin for this bullshit seems to be crossing a school yard game called Charlie Charlie and a poor man's ouija board. Both of which exsited separately for ages and have about as much occult connection as Bloody Mary. Any demon that will show up for two fucking pencils and provide divination when not bound in a triangle has got to be the most Poundland devil imaginable. The fact the Catholic Church are worried you might summon a Duke of Ahead with spare stationery should tell people they are crazier than a piss stained meths drinker.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural