Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake

#21  Postby pcCoder » Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Doing a bit of "meditating" of my own on the following ...

pcCoder wrote:Should this be taken as a confession to causing an event that resulted in the death of some people? Should he have charges of murder or manslaughter brought against him?

First of all, I think it would be a good idea if someone with access to a high-powered lawyer did sue this turbo-charged mouth on a stick over this. Because with the information now extant in the public domain, he has two choices. One, continue making the claim that his "meditation" triggered this earthquake, in which case he admits responsibility for death and destruction, and is thus criminally liable for said death and destruction. Or two, admit that he was bullshitting on a grand scale to stroke his ego, in which case the obvious corollary question is "and tell me, Mr Chopra, on what other occasions have you bullshitted people with respect to your assertions about meditation and various wacky quantum woo ideas of yours?"

Trouble is, I don't think anyone will put this to the test. Which means he'll continue to bullshit people like this in future, and continue to earn vast revenues by bullshitting people.

What about terrorism or possession of a weapon of mass destruction. If he claims that he triggered this earthquake, and we are to take it that he has this special power, then doing what he did would be the same as if someone possessed technology to create an earthquake actually using the technology. I would think such would also qualify as terrorism. Sadly, even if someone did have a high powered lawyer, I think it would be thrown out. Perhaps if all the families of any survivors files a mass lawsuit then it could get somewhere. After all, he is taking credit for the earthquake.
pcCoder

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Chopra Blames Own Meditation for Baja Quake

#22  Postby Sphynxcat » Apr 12, 2010 7:57 pm

DoctorE wrote:What a.....

(April 5) -- The U.S. Geological Survey is blaming day-to-day seismological changes for Sunday's 7.2 earthquake along the U.S.-Mexico border. But Deepak Chopra, the famed alternative-medicine practitioner and transcendental meditation guru, is pretty sure he knows what really happened.

"Had a powerful meditation just now -- caused an earthquake in Southern California," Chopra wrote to his nearly 179,000 Twitter followers shortly after the quake.

And then, to clarify: "Was meditating on Shiva mantra & earth began to shake," he tweeted. "Sorry about that."
Chopra might want to apologize directly to those in California, who haven't suffered significant infrastructure damage but are still bracing for more temblors, and to those in Mexico, where two are dead, hundreds are injured and thousands are still without power.

Transcendental meditation (TM) was largely popularized by Chopra, who's been dubbed "McMeditation" for the multimillion-dollar profits he's earned off books, DVDs and his Chopra Center for Wellbeing in Carlsbad, Calif. -- where a six-day mind-body wellness program runs around $2,500

Continues: http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/c ... e/19426755

Hey - Shiva & Shake!

I know...

I know...
Author of 'Dreamshade', one weird and wild fantasy epic: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15916
Sphynxcat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural