debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

photo coctored?

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#41  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 22, 2016 6:49 pm

That's AMAZING.
what a terrible image
User avatar
Rachel Bronwyn
 
Name: speaking moistly
Posts: 13581
Age: 33
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#42  Postby Animavore » Feb 22, 2016 7:27 pm

The one on the left is a bit more aquiline. Other than that, rather uncanny.
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 44859
Age: 42
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#43  Postby Shrunk » Feb 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Easier with a beard, though, don't you think?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Shrunk
 
Posts: 26170
Age: 56
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#44  Postby Thommo » Feb 22, 2016 8:02 pm

I'm convinced. Sometimes two people look alike.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 27175

Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#45  Postby The_Piper » Feb 22, 2016 8:05 pm

They both smoked from the same joint too?
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 28993
Age: 47
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#46  Postby BlackBart » Feb 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Speaking of reincarnation - this thread was zombified almost two years to the day. :) A case of antici...




...pation. :grin:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12413
Age: 59
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#47  Postby electricwhiteboy » Feb 23, 2016 11:37 am

There's a guy from "Tragedy" a comedy metal covers band that was the absolute spitting image of me. I watched one of their videos and it was uncanny, we both pull the same faces singing and the same moves performing. Despite being on different continents we also found we had a friend in common.

You are not a special and unique snowflake.
User avatar
electricwhiteboy
 
Posts: 1307

Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#48  Postby electricwhiteboy » Feb 23, 2016 11:42 am

Of and of course V, though that doesn't really count. My avatar is an un-shopped photo of me in a hat, just smiling very hard.
User avatar
electricwhiteboy
 
Posts: 1307

Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#49  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Alright, now that's out the way, who has the unsuppressable urge to stick their fingers in the electric socket? Get squeezed by nerd thighs?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14774
Age: 41
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#50  Postby aliihsanasl » Apr 01, 2016 8:43 pm

BlackBart wrote:Obviously, merely resembling someone is not evidence of reincarnation, if it were, I'd be the reincarnation of Charlie Drake George Clooney.

:shifty:


I never heard someone claim that he's the reincarnation of a pimp or prostitute, all the time kings, queens actors actresses reincarnate.

I think Allah saying I won't repeat that mistakes again, no more simple, dirty life reincarnations.

Hmm by the way Allah doesn't reincarnate which God was responsible from reincarnations ?
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
User avatar
aliihsanasl
 
Posts: 5364
Age: 42
Male

Country: Turkey
Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#51  Postby felltoearth » Apr 01, 2016 9:25 pm

I've been told I look like the King of The Netherlands and Spiny Norman from Spandau Ballet. Maybe we were triplets in a previous life.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14291
Age: 54

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#52  Postby Wortfish » Oct 21, 2018 11:08 pm

Agrippina wrote:Yeah, the link doesn't work. And also reincarnation is nonsense.


How do you know it is nonsense. If there is a spiritual essence that survives physical death, as a massive weight of evidence shows, then it is entirely plausible that this essence could be recycled within a new body.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#53  Postby surreptitious57 » Oct 22, 2018 6:34 am

Massive weight of physical evidence for something which is by definition non physical
Still you should have no problem posting such evidence if it is as massive as you claim
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10203

Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#54  Postby BlackBart » Oct 22, 2018 6:44 am

Wortfish wrote:
Agrippina wrote:Yeah, the link doesn't work. And also reincarnation is nonsense.


How do you know it is nonsense. If there is a spiritual essence that survives physical death, as a massive weight of evidence shows, then it is entirely plausible that this essence could be recycled within a new body.


'massive weight of evidence' :rofl:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12413
Age: 59
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#55  Postby zulumoose » Oct 22, 2018 7:06 am

Anecdotes without supporting evidence are as weighty as air, they are numerous because of confirmation bias and desire to believe.

There is no shortage of anecdotes to support every diet ever invented as "the best, most effective diet ever, it worked for me and it will work for you too" because people have a need to believe in stuff like that and someone is making money off it.
User avatar
zulumoose
 
Posts: 3643

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#56  Postby Fallible » Oct 22, 2018 7:41 am

Wortfish wrote:
Agrippina wrote:Yeah, the link doesn't work. And also reincarnation is nonsense.


How do you know it is nonsense. If there is a spiritual essence that survives physical death, as a massive weight of evidence shows, then it is entirely plausible that this essence could be recycled within a new body.


:rofl:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#57  Postby Blackadder » Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am

Wortfish wrote:
Agrippina wrote:Yeah, the link doesn't work. And also reincarnation is nonsense.


How do you know it is nonsense. If there is a spiritual essence that survives physical death, as a massive weight of evidence shows, then it is entirely plausible that this essence could be recycled within a new body.


There’s a massive weight of something just landed in this thread, but it ain’t evidence.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3803
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#58  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 1:43 pm

BlackBart wrote:
'massive weight of evidence' :rofl:


There is an entire library of documented cases of people remembering past lives through hypnotherapy, people remembering places and people they never met before (déjà vu), speaking languages they never learned, contacting the dead through telepathy, experiencing NDEs...etc....this is not limited to one culture, a particular religion, a country, age group or gender.

The evidence is truly overwhelming but many materialistic/atheistic scientists prefer to dismiss it as a mass collective hallucination and delusion, or outright fraud, which is just a way of ignoring the evidence and not interpreting it properly.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#59  Postby Cito di Pense » Oct 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Wortfish wrote:
The evidence is truly overwhelming


Well, that's how to write it, even though you're dead-set on publishing bald-faced lies. "Massive weight of evidence" is kind of an underachievement. For anyone but you, maybe.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 29564
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#60  Postby BlackBart » Oct 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
'massive weight of evidence' :rofl:


There is an entire library of documented cases of people remembering past lives through hypnotherapy, people remembering places and people they never met before (déjà vu), speaking languages they never learned, contacting the dead through telepathy, experiencing NDEs...etc....this is not limited to one culture, a particular religion, a country, age group or gender.

The evidence is truly overwhelming but many materialistic/atheistic scientists prefer to dismiss it as a mass collective hallucination and delusion, or outright fraud, which is just a way of ignoring the evidence and not interpreting it properly.


Ahh. I see your malfunction. You're confusing 'claim' with 'evidence'.... How does one differentiate these claims from hallucination, delusion or fabrication exactly? Why don't you walk us through this 'interpreting' process. :popcorn:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12413
Age: 59
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest