debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

photo coctored?

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#61  Postby zulumoose » Oct 22, 2018 2:08 pm

There is an entire library of documented cases of people...

being abducted by aliens
meeting bigfoot
being healed by faith

The only thing missing is the necessary context.

Add in front of each phrase "who claim to believe they have a personal experience of"
Add after each phrase " for which the remaining evidence is dubious at best, usually laughable"
User avatar
zulumoose
 
Posts: 3625

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#62  Postby Blackadder » Oct 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
'massive weight of evidence' :rofl:


There is an entire library of documented cases of people remembering past lives through hypnotherapy, people remembering places and people they never met before (déjà vu), speaking languages they never learned, contacting the dead through telepathy, experiencing NDEs...etc....this is not limited to one culture, a particular religion, a country, age group or gender.

The evidence is truly overwhelming but many materialistic/atheistic scientists prefer to dismiss it as a mass collective hallucination and delusion, or outright fraud, which is just a way of ignoring the evidence and not interpreting it properly.


If the “evidence is truly overwhelming” then you don’t need the approval of da ebil scientists. Publish it, sit back and wait for the phone call from the Nobel committee and the job offers from every university in the world. Fame and fortune are yours for the taking. I suspect though, that your idea of what constitutes evidence is very, very far removed from anything remotely acceptable to a rational person. Herein lies the basis for your fundamental inability to distinguish facts from made-up shit.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3776
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#63  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Blackadder wrote:
If the “evidence is truly overwhelming” then you don’t need the approval of da ebil scientists. Publish it, sit back and wait for the phone call from the Nobel committee and the job offers from every university in the world. Fame and fortune are yours for the taking. I suspect though, that your idea of what constitutes evidence is very, very far removed from anything remotely acceptable to a rational person. Herein lies the basis for your fundamental inability to distinguish facts from made-up shit.


It is being published in the peer-reviewed journals:

Evidence that suggest the reality of reincarnation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26299061

Worldwide, children can be found who reported that they have memories of a previous life. More than 2,500 cases have been studied and their specifications have been published and preserved in the archives of the Division of Perceptual Studies at the University of Virginia (United States). Many of those children come from countries where the majority of the inhabitants believe in reincarnation, but others come from countries with different cultures and religions that reject it. In many cases, the revelations of the children have been verified and have corresponded to a particular individual, already dead. A good number of these children have marks and birth defects corresponding to wounds on the body of his previous personality. Many have behaviors related to their claims to their former life: phobias, philias, and attachments. Others seem to recognize people and places of his supposed previous life, and some of their assertions have been made under controlled conditions. The hypothesis of reincarnation is controversial. We can never say that it does not occur, or will obtain conclusive evidence that it happens. The cases that have been described so far, isolated or combined, do not provide irrefutable proof of reincarnation, but they supply evidence that suggest its reality.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#64  Postby scott1328 » Oct 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Do you think your cat would reincarnate as a housekeeper and remove the mold and fungus from your food preparation areas?
User avatar
scott1328
 
Name: Some call me... Tim
Posts: 8695
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#65  Postby laklak » Oct 22, 2018 10:55 pm

Wortfish wrote:

...A good number of these children have marks and birth defects corresponding to wounds on the body of his previous personality...


Reincarnation is Lamarckian?

Who knew?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 66
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#66  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 11:35 pm

laklak wrote:
Wortfish wrote:

...A good number of these children have marks and birth defects corresponding to wounds on the body of his previous personality...


Reincarnation is Lamarckian?

Who knew?


Apparently so. One serious academic who researched the reincarnation phenomenon is Dr. Ian Stevenson who interviewed thousands of children who claimed to remember past lives: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/be ... st-cynics/
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#67  Postby felltoearth » Oct 22, 2018 11:43 pm

Reincarnation is a phenomenon now, is it?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14008
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#68  Postby Wortfish » Oct 23, 2018 1:39 am

felltoearth wrote:Reincarnation is a phenomenon now, is it?

Yes. It has been reported and investigated by scientists.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#69  Postby Fenrir » Oct 23, 2018 1:47 am

Wortfish wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Reincarnation is a phenomenon now, is it?

Yes. It has been reported and investigated by scientists.


Yes, it has been reported.

Yes, it has been investigated.

No, it has not been shown to be an actual thing what actually happens, whether a credible explanation exists or not.


So not an actual "phenomenon" then.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
User avatar
Fenrir
 
Posts: 3613
Male

Country: Australia
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#70  Postby The_Piper » Oct 23, 2018 2:40 am

scott1328 wrote:Do you think your cat would reincarnate as a housekeeper and remove the mold and fungus from your food preparation areas?

:tehe:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 28463
Age: 46
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#71  Postby Blackadder » Oct 23, 2018 7:46 am

Wortfish wrote:
Blackadder wrote:
If the “evidence is truly overwhelming” then you don’t need the approval of da ebil scientists. Publish it, sit back and wait for the phone call from the Nobel committee and the job offers from every university in the world. Fame and fortune are yours for the taking. I suspect though, that your idea of what constitutes evidence is very, very far removed from anything remotely acceptable to a rational person. Herein lies the basis for your fundamental inability to distinguish facts from made-up shit.


It is being published in the peer-reviewed journals:

Evidence that suggest the reality of reincarnation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26299061

Worldwide, children can be found who reported that they have memories of a previous life. More than 2,500 cases have been studied and their specifications have been published and preserved in the archives of the Division of Perceptual Studies at the University of Virginia (United States). Many of those children come from countries where the majority of the inhabitants believe in reincarnation, but others come from countries with different cultures and religions that reject it. In many cases, the revelations of the children have been verified and have corresponded to a particular individual, already dead. A good number of these children have marks and birth defects corresponding to wounds on the body of his previous personality. Many have behaviors related to their claims to their former life: phobias, philias, and attachments. Others seem to recognize people and places of his supposed previous life, and some of their assertions have been made under controlled conditions. The hypothesis of reincarnation is controversial. We can never say that it does not occur, or will obtain conclusive evidence that it happens. The cases that have been described so far, isolated or combined, do not provide irrefutable proof of reincarnation, but they supply evidence that suggest its reality.


THAT’S your standard for overwhelming evidence? :rofl:
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3776
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: debunking physical resemblance in reincarnation

#72  Postby ughaibu » Oct 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Wortfish wrote:It is being published in the peer-reviewed journals: Evidence that suggest the reality of reincarnation
There's clearly something very interesting going on, but some of it seems to be inconsistent with reincarnation. This video, for example, gives a case with no apparent pre-incarnation. This one is more impressive as direct evidence for reincarnation. And this one gives an overview of the research conducted at the University of Virginia. Some of it strikes me as pretty silly, but there's some interesting non-reincarnation content too.
ughaibu
 
Posts: 4391

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest