Flaunt your Cryptid!

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Flaunt your Cryptid!

#1  Postby lobawad » Apr 10, 2013 1:06 pm

My son is nine years old so we have a lot of debunking conversations as well as learning about fascinating real-life things.

This got me thinking back on various animals I've seen over the years- been lucky to see some wonderful animals in the wild.

One was a mystery canid. At first glance I thought it was a coyote, as it looked and moved just like a coyote, only too long, and heavy or "blocky". It kind of reminded me more of the cartoon coyote than a real coyote.

That one is easy- the chances of it being anything other than an enormous heavy coyote, or (most likely IMO) a "coydog" (mix between the wild coyote and the domestic dog) are surely almost nil.

I'm surprised there are not more "cryptid" sightings- when you first see, for example, a whale in real life, close up, it's a mind-blowing experience.
"Never give succor to the mentally ill; it is a bottomless pit."
- William Burroughs
lobawad

Name: Cameron Bobro

Georgia (ge)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Flaunt your Cryptid!

#2  Postby zulumoose » Apr 10, 2013 1:17 pm

When I was about 10, maybe younger, I saw a sea creature that seemed too weird to be real. This was on a beach on the Northwest side of Ireland.

It was about the size of a baseball, and entirely white. It consisted of a small central ball, maybe golf ball size, and a number of 1-2 inch tentacles radiating outwards in all directions, each of finger thickness, ending in a mussel-shell shaped head with a small tongue-like thing flicking in and out.

Eerie.

Not sure how accurate my memory of it is after over 30 years, but I would definitely recognise it again.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Re: Flaunt your Cryptid!

#3  Postby lobawad » Apr 10, 2013 1:21 pm

zulumoose wrote:When I was about 10, maybe younger, I saw a sea creature that seemed too weird to be real. This was on a beach on the Northwest side of Ireland.

It was about the size of a baseball, and entirely white. It consisted of a small central ball, maybe golf ball size, and a number of 1-2 inch tentacles radiating outwards in all directions, each of finger thickness, ending in a mussel-shell shaped head with a small tongue-like thing flicking in and out.

Eerie.

Not sure how accurate my memory of it is after over 30 years, but I would definitely recognise it again.

Heheh, that's fantastic.

http://sciencenordic.com/weird-plant-an ... scientists

One thing I'm teaching my son is that real life has more crazy stuff than pseudoscience does.
"Never give succor to the mentally ill; it is a bottomless pit."
- William Burroughs
lobawad

Name: Cameron Bobro

Georgia (ge)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural