Ghost Photo from my blog

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Ghost Photo from my blog

#21  Postby felltoearth » Feb 13, 2011 8:06 pm

Why would a ghost show up in a photo and not be perceived by the naked eye? And why is there no difference in film vs digital photography?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby jerome » Feb 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Theoretically film could show up things not visible to naked eye - if you used say IR filters. This was just a shot using normal spectrum, and if there was someone there ghost or not they should have been MORE visible to the naked eye than to a camera, however good. I don't know of any difference between digital and film in this instance (disregarding the dust "orbs" on the photo - you would not get hem on film. Their presence does tell us a flash was used though...

j x
Yours sincerely, Jerome -- a threat to reason & science

I am an Anglican Prejudice declared - My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/
jerome

Name: CJ
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby felltoearth » Feb 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Having just read that physicists can further verify the theory of relativity by the "wobble" of a photon knocked about by a distant black hole, surely if ghosts could be picked up by photography science would have an explanation by now?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#24  Postby jerome » Feb 13, 2011 8:30 pm

Well if they were solid and reflected light photons one might have thought so. Depends on a number of factors though - I have no belief in ghost photos as it happens, but I do find explaining them fun.

jerome

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby paceetrate » Feb 13, 2011 9:40 pm

jerome wrote:Theoretically film could show up things not visible to naked eye - if you used say IR filters. This was just a shot using normal spectrum, and if there was someone there ghost or not they should have been MORE visible to the naked eye than to a camera, however good. I don't know of any difference between digital and film in this instance (disregarding the dust "orbs" on the photo - you would not get hem on film. Their presence does tell us a flash was used though...

j x

Orbs can show up regardless of whether a digital or a traditional camera is used. Its just a matter of how much dust/rain/snow/etc is in the air, how close it is to the lens, and how bright your flash is. :P Film is better at capturing low-light photos, so you don't need to use the flash as often, however they also tend to have a stronger flash when it is used. Though I don't see any orbs in your photo, just some flash reflections off (what appears to be) a metal bar of some sort or some other reflective material. The closeup is ridiculously grainy though, which lends even more credence to the pareidolia explanation.
paceetrate

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#26  Postby jerome » Feb 13, 2011 9:43 pm

Yeah, have a look at the fourth one - I think there are some classic dust orbs there I think? I have seen very beautiful reflections off snow and rain on film, but never orbs - but I will take your word they exist! Yes,though the latest is that I am now every confused as to where the photographer was standing. She may have been shooting up, to stage right, from near the stage. I'm getting confused now! :)

j x

jerome

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#27  Postby paceetrate » Feb 14, 2011 3:27 am

Ah, I see what you're talking about now, that spot on the right. That could be an orb, caused by a speck of dust. I think it's more likely a lens flare from the really bright light to the left and upwards of it though.
paceetrate

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Feb 14, 2011 3:38 am

Am I the only one?
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#29  Postby paceetrate » Feb 14, 2011 4:43 am

.... What has been seen cannot be unseen... o.O;;
paceetrate

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Animavore » Feb 14, 2011 8:40 am

I love the way you say, "...if real...", as if there could possibly be a chance :P
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#31  Postby tnjrp » Feb 14, 2011 9:18 am

So it's a ghost of a dwarf with a very small and mishappen head (or possibly just a malformed stump of a neck from a bodged-up decapitation job)? Interesting... I think it's more likely to be a brownie than a ghost :)

Chairman's pic definitely has a wanking, cigar-smoking, victory-sign showing devil in it tho, no question there :mrgreen:
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#32  Postby HPrice » Feb 14, 2011 1:06 pm

jerome wrote:However I will say the person who took the photo is a friend, and to my mind totally sincere. Nothing odd was seen at time of photo. Do feel free to comment with good explanations, here or on my blog :)

Were any other photos taken of the same area on the same night, either by the original photographer or someone else? Are there any photos of the same area taken in full lighting?
HPrice

Print view this post

#33  Postby Woody911 » Feb 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Hello all !
I have been in photography for some time, and it is not unusual to get ghost or people's faces in your photos. Depending on where you are and what kind of relationship you have with those that have past on, they will expose themselves to you. All of this is for a reason, i don't know if you know , but they all have Telepathy and they know even when you are going to take a picture. They will even sometimes tell you where and when, if you are listening to your intuition . There is much you all need to learn about those who are right beside us, who know our thoughts and if you let them know you know, the photo's will be unbelievable to your human understanding, but do not be confused, but try to understand. Find out what you need to understand and you will be amazed what they will show you. A flash of light, and the sunlight, mirrors and glass are all windows to the other dimension we live beside. They sometimes can come forth as we know as an ectoplasm, this takes enormous amount of energy, so it is not all that common for all who have passed on to do so ! If you all take a look at all of the 911 footage, and the clouds of smoke and fire, you will see faces forming all the time, for these are the faces of those who have died. It will be a sad moment for you to truely notice it, but the faces are everywhere. Play the videos and stop , constantly and you will see all of those faces. Leaving this body in a sudden death as those had, they come forth through the smoke, and we can feel comfort a little that they are ok, this life sadly gone, but their spirit and soul travels among us, beside us and those they left behind. Believe it or not , but try it, believe that a past relative or friend is with you at times and ask for them to show themselves, but you need to believe.

Thank You for your time Folks !
Woody !
Woody911

Name: Daniel Pratt

United States (us)
Print view this post

#34  Postby twistor59 » Feb 14, 2011 9:18 pm

CdesignProponentsist wrote:Am I the only one?

Yeah it's just you !
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#35  Postby twistor59 » Feb 14, 2011 9:23 pm

Woody911 wrote:Hello all !
I have been in photography for some time, and it is not unusual to get ghost or people's faces in your photos. Depending on where you are and what kind of relationship you have with those that have past on, they will expose themselves to you. All of this is for a reason, i don't know if you know , but they all have Telepathy and they know even when you are going to take a picture. They will even sometimes tell you where and when, if you are listening to your intuition . There is much you all need to learn about those who are right beside us, who know our thoughts and if you let them know you know, the photo's will be unbelievable to your human understanding, but do not be confused, but try to understand. Find out what you need to understand and you will be amazed what they will show you. A flash of light, and the sunlight, mirrors and glass are all windows to the other dimension we live beside. They sometimes can come forth as we know as an ectoplasm, this takes enormous amount of energy, so it is not all that common for all who have passed on to do so ! If you all take a look at all of the 911 footage, and the clouds of smoke and fire, you will see faces forming all the time, for these are the faces of those who have died. It will be a sad moment for you to truely notice it, but the faces are everywhere. Play the videos and stop , constantly and you will see all of those faces. Leaving this body in a sudden death as those had, they come forth through the smoke, and we can feel comfort a little that they are ok, this life sadly gone, but their spirit and soul travels among us, beside us and those they left behind. Believe it or not , but try it, believe that a past relative or friend is with you at times and ask for them to show themselves, but you need to believe.

Woody !

Err, Daniel, you have noticed that this is a skepticism site haven't you ?
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby paceetrate » Feb 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Woody !

You've "been in photography for a long time"? Does that involve actually taking classes and learning how a camera works? Or just looking at a bunch of dubious photos on the internet, coming up with BS conclusions about them out of your ignorance, and then proclaiming yourself to be knowledgeable on the subject? Because the vast majority of "ghost" photos aren't ghosts or anything of the sort. They're camera quirks or the result of inexperienced photographers screwing up and not realizing it.
paceetrate

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#37  Postby tnjrp » Feb 15, 2011 6:46 am

:hello: and welcome to the piranha pool!

I have been in photography for some time, and it is not unusual to get ghost or people's faces in your photos. Depending on where you are and what kind of relationship you have with those that have past on, they will expose themselves to you.
Err... Ok. Pix or it didn't happen tho.

All of this is for a reason, i don't know if you know , but they all have Telepathy and they know even when you are going to take a picture.
Very convenient, won't you say?

They will even sometimes tell you where and when, if you are listening to your intuition.
Intution is known to lead people astray.

There is much you all need to learn about those who are right beside us, who know our thoughts and if you let them know you know, the photo's will be unbelievable to your human understanding, but do not be confused, but try to understand.
I'm trying to understand if you actually have a point at this point.

Find out what you need to understand and you will be amazed what they will show you.
Sounds a bit like those "if you believe, then it is true" kinda things.

A flash of light, and the sunlight, mirrors and glass are all windows to the other dimension we live beside.
I'm sure you mean dimensions in the woo/fiction sense.

They sometimes can come forth as we know as an ectoplasm, this takes enormous amount of energy, so it is not all that common for all who have passed on to do so !
What happens if they run out of energy?

If you all take a look at all of the 911 footage, and the clouds of smoke and fire, you will see faces forming all the time, for these are the faces of those who have died.
Can this be evidenced by any other way than by believing it is so? Like, is there a clear image of somebody who actually died in the attack to be seen in the smoke?

It will be a sad moment for you to truely notice it, but the faces are everywhere.
Humans tend to see shapes and forms. Your explanation for why that happens doesn't sound to be the most parsimonous. Even in regards to 911 videos.

Play the videos and stop , constantly and you will see all of those faces. Leaving this body in a sudden death as those had, they come forth through the smoke, and we can feel comfort a little that they are ok, this life sadly gone, but their spirit and soul travels among us, beside us and those they left behind.
Clive Barker wrote:The dead have their highways. Only the living are lost.

Believe it or not , but try it, believe that a past relative or friend is with you at times and ask for them to show themselves, but you need to believe.
Ah so it is indeed that kind of evidence then. Not much impressed I must say.

Should we be expecting this to be a drive-by then?
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#38  Postby amok » Feb 21, 2011 2:47 am

Given there were I think 30 plus people in the building, i think this could be a real person - the only problem being the gallery was locked off at the time.

Well, since someone getting into a locked up gallery is much less likely than a ghost, and all.

I don't have Photoshop on this computer, so I just had to blow up/lighten up the original using my basic photo function, but even at that I also "see" another figure. Off to his right I see a guy either eating or barfing up a snake (or an enormous sausage), either of which possibilities is much spookier than a Hobbit-sized old geezer. I'm not sure if the quality will allow it to be seen, but I see it. Ha!

amok
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#39  Postby z8000783 » Feb 21, 2011 7:05 am

jerome wrote:We have just been discussing that! :) x

Would there be any point?

John
I don’t simply believe in miracles - I rely on them
z8000783

Name: WTF
Male

Greece (gr)
Print view this post

#40  Postby jerome » Feb 21, 2011 1:34 pm

amok wrote:

I don't have Photoshop on this computer, so I just had to blow up/lighten up the original using my basic photo function, but even at that I also "see" another figure. Off to his right I see a guy either eating or barfing up a snake (or an enormous sausage), either of which possibilities is much spookier than a Hobbit-sized old geezer. I'm not sure if the quality will allow it to be seen, but I see it. Ha!

I see it as well! :) There you go, phantom snakes and ghostly hobbits!

j x

jerome

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural