Halloween hauntings: William Hope's spirit photographs

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Halloween hauntings: William Hope's spirit photographs

#1  Postby Emmeline » Oct 29, 2010 1:22 pm

In the spirit of Halloween, brave a look at the spooky photographs of paranormal investigator William Hope (1863–1933), who used multiple exposure techniques to render the appearance of ghostly apparitions. Although his deception was publicly exposed in 1922, he continued to dabble in the dark arts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/ ... -halloween

Some wonderful images here!
Emmeline

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Halloween hauntings: William Hope's spirit photographs

#2  Postby ersby » Oct 29, 2010 1:39 pm

The other day I was looking at a book on the subject (the title was something like "100 years of Spirit Photography") and I was thinking "Hmm, these all look like double exposures to me" although the writer didn't think so at all. Now I see that some of them are from this man's work. Interesting stuff.
ersby

Male

Print view this post

Re: Halloween hauntings: William Hope's spirit photographs

#3  Postby paceetrate » Oct 30, 2010 6:15 am

It's pretty funny how easy it is to do a multiple exposure by accident, especially if you don't know what you're doing. What's even funnier is when people are so ignorant of how a camera works they can't even recognize a multiple exposure when they see one and go "OMG GHOST!" instead. :roll:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Cameras should be like guns. You have to take a class in how to use one before they let you have it.
paceetrate

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural