Haunted houses: Got ghosts?

A little daily exorcise should help

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Haunted houses: Got ghosts?

#61  Postby Onyx8 » Mar 12, 2013 4:46 pm

You're just not 'sensitive' enough. And that proves something or other.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby electricwhiteboy » Mar 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Onyx8 wrote:You're just not 'sensitive' enough. And that proves something or other.

Actually... I’ve had a few “paranormal” experiences, it’s part of the reason I became interested in scepticism. Of course I’ve always found the rational explanation for these experiences to be more plausible than “ghost”, “demon” or UFO.

I’ve personally never had an experience connected with South Bridge (further than one odd coincidence), nor heard of a new story in that whole time.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#63  Postby Scarlett » Mar 12, 2013 9:14 pm

I get massively "spooked" watching creepy films, I hide behind cushions, I scream at the appropriate times, I can't go to the loo on my own during or after, I swear I'm never watching another every time I watch one. Yet I've never had an experience that anyone, even a person with a belief in it, could call paranormal.
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#64  Postby The_Metatron » Mar 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Dracula lived in my woodshed. But, if you filled the wheelbarrow real fast and ran back to the house, that fucker wouldn't get you. I'm still here to tell the tale...
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Scarlett » Mar 12, 2013 9:48 pm

The_Metatron wrote:Dracula lived in my woodshed. But, if you filled the wheelbarrow real fast and ran back to the house, that fucker wouldn't get you. I'm still here to tell the tale...

:lol:

I remember scaring myself shitless as a kid, I could turn the most innocuous thing into something terrifying. There was an old derelict castle near where I grew up, complete with it's resident ghosts. There was a White Lady (she gets around I think) reputed to haunt the place, story was she had been chained up in the place and died so you hear the clanking of chains then see her ghost in a white dress. We used to go up there as kids and all it took was someone to say "Did you hear that?" and we'd run all the way home screaming and crying. I hadn't actually heard a fucking thing :lol:
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#66  Postby Animavore » Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm

My house mate loves all those "scary movies". I usually just fulminate in a corner trying not to let my disgust be that obvious.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural