Have We All Been Here Before?

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Have We All Been Here Before?

#1  Postby DoctorE » Feb 27, 2011 12:02 pm

The most stupid questions show... WARNING lost of stupid madness in progress, choking hazard

BBC1 27 February 2011
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOV74ESyVQw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2QECVzt5rg[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Have We All Been Here Before?

#2  Postby campermon » Feb 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Fucking 'ell.......:nono:

Watching now.....the stupid blonde mentioned quantum physics......

*opens beer*
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby DoctorE » Feb 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Yea that blonde was frigging insanely stupid/boring.. .arrrggghhhhhh
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#4  Postby campermon » Feb 27, 2011 12:27 pm

DoctorE wrote:Yea that blonde was frigging insanely stupid/boring.. .arrrggghhhhhh

yes... and the amount of 'respect' the theists were having for each other was amusing!!
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Bribase » Feb 27, 2011 2:36 pm

yes... and the amount of 'respect' the theists were having for each other was amusing!!

That's exactly what happens when two differing sets of beliefs are mutually unsupportable. Well... That and genocide.
Bribase

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby John P. M. » Feb 27, 2011 2:48 pm

-They should have had a panel of people who are not here yet, but in the process of coming back.

Similarly:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ALInv_wzSQ[/youtube]

*Ok, I'll admit I mostly replied so that I could post a Monty Python clip...*
John P. M.
RS Donator

Male

Norway (no)
Print view this post

#7  Postby chairman bill » Feb 27, 2011 3:11 pm

The depth of woopidity is quit profound in these people
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby DoctorE » Feb 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Andrea Foulkes Intuitive soul whisperer

Phone Soul and Life Guidance session - 30mins : £60

Phone Soul and Life Guidance session - 60mins : £100

http://www.andreafoulkes.co.uk/and/home.html
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#9  Postby campermon » Feb 27, 2011 4:54 pm

DoctorE wrote:Andrea Foulkes Intuitive soul whisperer

Phone Soul and Life Guidance session - 30mins : £60

Phone Soul and Life Guidance session - 60mins : £100

http://www.andreafoulkes.co.uk/and/home.html

WTF!!

She certainly aint blonde!!

Mind you, she looks like a bit of a hottie on her web page.... :naughty2: :doh:
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby twistor59 » Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Fucking hell:

"Batman could beat Captain America"
"I hear what you're saying but Captain America has his magic sheild"
"I respect both of your opinions, but Superman could beat both of them at the same Time"
"I really don't think so, Batman could hide some kryptonite in his utility belt"

There is little hope for humanity. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Wuffy » Mar 30, 2011 6:36 am

Couldn't do it... Couldn't watch this. I made it through that Project Camelot horror but religious whoo bust my brain and patience faster then anything else. Boom. Can't do it.

Ended up clicking randomly around the first video to catch snippets and I want to give each one of these people a resounding Wallop upside the Jaw.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Charlieee » Apr 11, 2011 7:44 pm

I love debate shows like this! :grin:
I burst out laughing when Andrea said quantum physics is proof of past life regression - now I don't have much interest in science but even I know that's a load of bollocks!

Here's a video of TV critic Charlie Brooker slamming a programme Andrea Foulkes did a couple of years ago on ITV. Sadly I did actually enjoy and want to believe the stuff on that programme when I first saw it, but now I've come to realise how ridiculous it all is

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mblY5RAxzTM[/youtube]
Charlieee

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby cavarka9 » Apr 11, 2011 9:11 pm

twistor59 wrote:Fucking hell:

"Batman could beat Captain America"
"I hear what you're saying but Captain America has his magic sheild"
"I respect both of your opinions, but Superman could beat both of them at the same Time"
"I really don't think so, Batman could hide some kryptonite in his utility belt"

There is little hope for humanity. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

now now, maybe we will create a matrix like world in which reincarnation will be the evolutionary loop, that way we can evolve in short duration of time and bring some hope to humanity. Imagine,
But yeah, I hear you and :roll:
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

Name: prajna

India (in)
Print view this post

#14  Postby jerome » Apr 19, 2011 11:07 am

Brooker is brilliant. I actually have read a lot of reincarnation research over the years - Prof Ian Stevenson's Twenty Cases Suggestive of... is the classic work in the field, but Roy Stenman's books provide an interesting overview and I would say the original Search for Bridey Murphy is well worth reading. I don't have much interest in the area though, but do look up the Bloxham tapes and the explanation that was discovered if you have time.

j x
Yours sincerely, Jerome -- a threat to reason & science

I am an Anglican Prejudice declared - My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/
jerome

Name: CJ
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby cavarka9 » Apr 19, 2011 11:59 am

jerome wrote:Brooker is brilliant. I actually have read a lot of reincarnation research over the years - Prof Ian Stevenson's Twenty Cases Suggestive of... is the classic work in the field, but Roy Stenman's books provide an interesting overview and I would say the original Search for Bridey Murphy is well worth reading. I don't have much interest in the area though, but do look up the Bloxham tapes and the explanation that was discovered if you have time.

j x

do tell it here. Wouldn't want to make much effort. :grin:
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby jerome » Apr 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Bloxham used "hypnotic regression" and got some really hot historically accurate sounding past life data. Then he found it was based in many cases on romance and historical novels. In fact in some experiments the "regressee" could even tell you which book it was from if asked. But it all seemed totally real to them. It's why Prof Stevenson never bothered with hypnotically gathered cases, only spontaneous recall in very small children. Incidentally, where are past life beliefs more common in students, the USA or India? Anyone guess?

j x
Yours sincerely, Jerome -- a threat to reason & science

I am an Anglican Prejudice declared - My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/
jerome

Name: CJ
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Apr 19, 2011 2:47 pm

You can always tell someone has nothing to bring to a discussion when they constantly need to talk over everyone else. The blonde one was in serious denial. And whats with all this "science has proven" nonsense? You always know anyone who brings up that line hasn't got the slightest clue.

The Hindu's were actually quite interesting to have on the show. They are there to share their stories rather than the usual creationists who aren't happy until everyone believes exactly what they do.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#18  Postby cavarka9 » Apr 20, 2011 5:08 pm

jerome wrote:Bloxham used "hypnotic regression" and got some really hot historically accurate sounding past life data. Then he found it was based in many cases on romance and historical novels. In fact in some experiments the "regressee" could even tell you which book it was from if asked. But it all seemed totally real to them. It's why Prof Stevenson never bothered with hypnotically gathered cases, only spontaneous recall in very small children. Incidentally, where are past life beliefs more common in students, the USA or India? Anyone guess?

j x

USA :crazy:
I have an idea which could probably give a rational explanation for this. Our memory is in our brain, and our memory is in fact a structure,a pattern, could it not be possible that some of the people have memory structures in their brain out of pure chance but they are identical to the memory structure of another human being who actually lived or shall live some time in future.
This should mean that there are many people with false memories,also then there are people who have memories of the future, and people with memories of the past.The only way this can be shown to be false is if some one can show that every memory is unique and is independent of its structural pattern.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#19  Postby cavarka9 » Apr 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Also, prof Stevenson's methodology has been considered as meticulous, hope others try to check their worldviews by actually following scientific method, we will not find anything supernatural but we may find things which are out of the ordinary.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#20  Postby chairman bill » Apr 20, 2011 6:13 pm

cavarka9 wrote:... could it not be possible that some of the people have memory structures in their brain out of pure chance but they are identical to the memory structure of another human being who actually lived or shall live some time in future ...

I'd never want to say something is impossible, but the potential connections in the brain are greater than all the particles in the cosmos. Added to which, these connections arise out of experiences & the creation of new 'action potentials'. They don't just arise through chance. So very, very, very, very, very unlikely. I think that was enough verys.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural