Mediums

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Mediums

#281  Postby zulumoose » Nov 13, 2018 12:11 pm

My readings were done over the phone.


You paid 90 POUNDS for 3 phone calls? They're laughing all the way to the bank.


1. There is no such thing as an incurable disease.

2. Spontaneous remission (miraculous disappearance) of cancer is reported in the literature.

3. Anti-cancer drugs and other treatments often only provide pallative care.

4. Alternative healing methods, including spiritual healing, have helped cure people of cancer.

5. Your body has all the means to destroy cancer but needs guidance from your mind.


1) Unsupportable assertion
2) Spontaneous remission is not miraculous
3) Partially true
4) Unsupported assertion, especially considering 2. Obviously such things as good nutrition can help, but that's not the point.
5) First part true, which is why 2 is not miraculous, second part unsupported assertion
User avatar
zulumoose
 
Posts: 3626

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Mediums

#282  Postby BlackBart » Nov 13, 2018 12:25 pm

First they were over Skype now they were over the phone.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12243
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#283  Postby Thommo » Nov 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Wortfish wrote:My readings were done over the phone.


Earlier in the thread they were 10 minute skype calls. Now they are 30 minute phone calls.

ETA: Bollocks, too slow! :lol:
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 27175

Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#284  Postby Regina » Nov 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Thommo wrote:
The obvious explanation is that Wortfish is not relaying the details of his anecdote correctly, but it's also possible the "medium" is relaying information that has been acquired by other mecahnisms, like cold reading. Which adds to the third with a fourth, and potentially more.

I'd estimate the odds of any explanation other than "intentional lying" to be sub 1% though, personally.


Cold reading only happens when the medium is given information by the person using his services. I only gave his name although that revealed something of the cat's character. I never said I was using a skin ointment, was spending too much time on my desktop or there were shrooms and mold growing on some of the walls in my house. I didn't even come close to divulging such information. Anyway, I have booked a fourth reading and, hopefully, will get more info. Maybe my cat can tell me what happens to the souls of atheists.

Atheists don't have souls. Try again.
No, they ain't makin' Jews like Jesus anymore,
They don't turn the other cheek the way they done before.

Kinky Friedman
Regina
 
Posts: 15627
Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#285  Postby Fallible » Nov 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote:
I've got incurable cancer. They couldn't really have got more wrong on that one.


Listen up, because I want to help:

1. There is no such thing as an incurable disease.

2. Spontaneous remission (miraculous disappearance) of cancer is reported in the literature.

3. Anti-cancer drugs and other treatments often only provide pallative care.

4. Alternative healing methods, including spiritual healing, have helped cure people of cancer.

5. Your body has all the means to destroy cancer but needs guidance from your mind.


Kindly fuck off.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#286  Postby scott1328 » Nov 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Fallible wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote:
I've got incurable cancer. They couldn't really have got more wrong on that one.


Listen up, because I want to help:

1. There is no such thing as an incurable disease.

2. Spontaneous remission (miraculous disappearance) of cancer is reported in the literature.

3. Anti-cancer drugs and other treatments often only provide pallative care.

4. Alternative healing methods, including spiritual healing, have helped cure people of cancer.

5. Your body has all the means to destroy cancer but needs guidance from your mind.


Kindly fuck off.

Kyranni reborn.

Wortfish, why don't you go scrub your filthy kitchen and commune with your dead cat.
User avatar
scott1328
 
Name: Some call me... Tim
Posts: 8703
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#287  Postby LucidFlight » Nov 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Kyranni! That's the one. I was trying to remember where I'd heard something similar.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10801
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Mediums

#288  Postby Hermit » Nov 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Wortfish wrote:There is no such thing as an incurable disease.

Life itself is an incurable disease. Its death rate is 100%.

Wortfish wrote:Spontaneous remission (miraculous disappearance) of cancer is reported in the literature.

And the odds of it happening are?

Wortfish wrote:Anti-cancer drugs and other treatments often only provide pallative care.

Indeed, they often do. The alternative is worse. Also, use your spell checker. It's palliative.

Wortfish wrote:Alternative healing methods, including spiritual healing, have helped cure people of cancer.

How often? Provide statistics comparing the number of years of lives extended by spiritual healing with the number of years of lives extended by medical intervention.

Wortfish wrote:Your body has all the means to destroy cancer but needs guidance from your mind.

Evidence?
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4386
Age: 67
Male

Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#289  Postby Fallible » Nov 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Before this gets diverted by someone who can't even spell 'palliative' attempting to lecture me, who by now knows as much as any layperson ever can about an extremely rare form of kidney cancer, with equal parts common sense and pure shit, let's remember how this branch of the convo started.

Wortfish, having ignored the fact that I'd indicated I had previously visited a medium, again told me I was free to consult one, and that my atheism would not survive. I spelled out clearly that I had been to one, and here I am still an atheist. He then encouraged me to tell him about my reading, which I did - I said that I was told I would have two children and no more - wrong. I was told I would have my tubes tied - wrong. I was told I was soon to be divorced - wrong. I was told I would have a very long life. I'm not dead yet, but I've got a very rare form of cancer which is now stage IV, so the possibility of me reaching, say, my 70s or 80s is not large. The pertinent point here is that contrary to the view expressed by Wortfish that my atheism would not survive such an encounter, it didn't change a thing, because it was all total shit. Wortfish decided to forget all that, and zoom straight in on what he considered the most trollworthy part. Let's remember that Wortfish was categorically wrong in his previous assertion, and will now probably either continue with the diversion, or say I just got a dud medium.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#290  Postby zulumoose » Nov 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Let's remember that Wortfish was categorically wrong in his previous assertion, and will now probably either continue with the diversion, or say I just got a dud medium.


Taking a leaf out of the medium's book, the rubes remember the hits not the misses.
If you look at Wortfish's first post about his dead cat reading, he found almost nothing convincing except the fungus, now suddenly he remembers it differently, and it is ALL convincing. Not only are the hits selectively remembered, their significance grows over time.
User avatar
zulumoose
 
Posts: 3626

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#291  Postby BlackBart » Nov 13, 2018 2:41 pm

scott1328 wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote:
I've got incurable cancer. They couldn't really have got more wrong on that one.


Listen up, because I want to help:

1. There is no such thing as an incurable disease.

2. Spontaneous remission (miraculous disappearance) of cancer is reported in the literature.

3. Anti-cancer drugs and other treatments often only provide pallative care.

4. Alternative healing methods, including spiritual healing, have helped cure people of cancer.

5. Your body has all the means to destroy cancer but needs guidance from your mind.


Kindly fuck off.

Kyranni reborn.

Wortfish, why don't you go scrub your filthy kitchen and commune with your dead cat.

That dolt was banned for the same scumbag behaviour.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12243
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#292  Postby Wortfish » Nov 13, 2018 5:43 pm

BlackBart wrote:First they were over Skype now they were over the phone.


2 were Skype calls (international call to the U.S) and one was over the phone to the UK. I regard them all as money well spent.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#293  Postby Wortfish » Nov 13, 2018 5:50 pm

zulumoose wrote:
Let's remember that Wortfish was categorically wrong in his previous assertion, and will now probably either continue with the diversion, or say I just got a dud medium.


Taking a leaf out of the medium's book, the rubes remember the hits not the misses.
If you look at Wortfish's first post about his dead cat reading, he found almost nothing convincing except the fungus, now suddenly he remembers it differently, and it is ALL convincing. Not only are the hits selectively remembered, their significance grows over time.


Alll of what the medium relayed was accurate. BUT some things could have been guessed at (like the cat being placed on my shoulder). One possible MISS was the point about an anniversary or birthday coming up. However, I now think the cat may be referring to the day when I bought his bed for him. Also, the medium couldn't determine the age of the cat at first. What I find so interesting is that it is able to know things you would not associate with a cat: like knowing about fungi, the cropping of photos and skin ointments. It has also lost its aggression and wants me to look after the cats it fought with over territory.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#294  Postby BlackBart » Nov 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:First they were over Skype now they were over the phone.


2 were Skype calls (international call to the U.S) and one was over the phone to the UK. I regard them all as money well spent.


Aaand the story changes again.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12243
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#295  Postby Wortfish » Nov 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Fallible wrote:Before this gets diverted by someone who can't even spell 'palliative' attempting to lecture me, who by now knows as much as any layperson ever can about an extremely rare form of kidney cancer, with equal parts common sense and pure shit, let's remember how this branch of the convo started.

Sorry for the mistake!

Wortfish, having ignored the fact that I'd indicated I had previously visited a medium, again told me I was free to consult one, and that my atheism would not survive. I spelled out clearly that I had been to one, and here I am still an atheist. He then encouraged me to tell him about my reading, which I did - I said that I was told I would have two children and no more - wrong. I was told I would have my tubes tied - wrong. I was told I was soon to be divorced - wrong. I was told I would have a very long life. I'm not dead yet, but I've got a very rare form of cancer which is now stage IV, so the possibility of me reaching, say, my 70s or 80s is not large. The pertinent point here is that contrary to the view expressed by Wortfish that my atheism would not survive such an encounter, it didn't change a thing, because it was all total shit. Wortfish decided to forget all that, and zoom straight in on what he considered the most trollworthy part. Let's remember that Wortfish was categorically wrong in his previous assertion, and will now probably either continue with the diversion, or say I just got a dud medium.


I think you saw a psychic or clairvoyant rather than a medium. The professionals I contacted are not fortune tellers and do not read one's future. All they do is act as a "medium" between me and the dead. However, one did say I would be joining my late cat SOON but then quickly qualified this by saying that "soon" could mean as much as 40 years.

I would strongly urge you to contact a spiritual healer who can help you in your fight against cancer. I regret not having sent my cat to one and the guilt and the shame for not having at least tried is enormous. The medication he received just made matters worse.
Last edited by Wortfish on Nov 13, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Mediums

#296  Postby Wortfish » Nov 13, 2018 5:58 pm

BlackBart wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:First they were over Skype now they were over the phone.


2 were Skype calls (international call to the U.S) and one was over the phone to the UK. I regard them all as money well spent.


Aaand the story changes again.


No. I never mentioned the exact mechanism used in contacting the medium. In any case, a Skype call is, for all intents and purposes, a phone call.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#297  Postby TopCat » Nov 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Wortfish wrote:However, one did say I would be joining my late cat SOON but then quickly qualified this by saying that "soon" could mean as much as 40 years.

This is obviously a new definition of 'qualified' that I hadn't come across before.
TopCat
 
Posts: 785
Age: 58
Male

Country: England
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#298  Postby newolder » Nov 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:First they were over Skype now they were over the phone.


2 were Skype calls (international call to the U.S) and one was over the phone to the UK. I regard them all as money well spent.

Where (from which country) did the calls originate and why would you send 60 UKPounds to the USA?

Where are the 'phone company billing records for these calls?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7320
Age: 1
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#299  Postby BlackBart » Nov 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:First they were over Skype now they were over the phone.


2 were Skype calls (international call to the U.S) and one was over the phone to the UK. I regard them all as money well spent.


Aaand the story changes again.


No. I never mentioned the exact mechanism used in contacting the medium. In any case, a Skype call is, for all intents and purposes, a phone call.


Yeah, you've shot your wad, cocker.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12243
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#300  Postby Fallible » Nov 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote:Before this gets diverted by someone who can't even spell 'palliative' attempting to lecture me, who by now knows as much as any layperson ever can about an extremely rare form of kidney cancer, with equal parts common sense and pure shit, let's remember how this branch of the convo started.

Sorry for the mistake!

Wortfish, having ignored the fact that I'd indicated I had previously visited a medium, again told me I was free to consult one, and that my atheism would not survive. I spelled out clearly that I had been to one, and here I am still an atheist. He then encouraged me to tell him about my reading, which I did - I said that I was told I would have two children and no more - wrong. I was told I would have my tubes tied - wrong. I was told I was soon to be divorced - wrong. I was told I would have a very long life. I'm not dead yet, but I've got a very rare form of cancer which is now stage IV, so the possibility of me reaching, say, my 70s or 80s is not large. The pertinent point here is that contrary to the view expressed by Wortfish that my atheism would not survive such an encounter, it didn't change a thing, because it was all total shit. Wortfish decided to forget all that, and zoom straight in on what he considered the most trollworthy part. Let's remember that Wortfish was categorically wrong in his previous assertion, and will now probably either continue with the diversion, or say I just got a dud medium.


I think you saw a psychic or clairvoyant rather than a medium. The professionals I contacted are not fortune tellers and do not read one's future. All they do is act as a "medium" between me and the dead. However, one did say I would be joining my late cat SOON but then quickly qualified this by saying that "soon" could mean as much as 40 years.


So mediums don't read one's future except when they do. I can see you're something of an expert on this topic. There'll be some explanation as to why you are apparently unaware that 'clairvoyant' and 'fortune teller' are synonyms of 'medium'.

I would strongly urge you to contact a spiritual healer who can help you in your fight against cancer. I regret not having sent my cat to one and the guilt and the shame for not having at least tried is enormous. The medication he received just made matters worse.



Shove your urges up your arse. Even if you weren't simply trolling your tits off, I'd never listen to some stranger who's so up themselves that they feel fine with giving me unsolicited advice. It shows a certain crassness and inability to understand the impact of their comments. Would you like to urge me to eat a more alkaline diet as well? No? Perhaps you'd like me to eat baking soda or cut out all sugars..? I've heard each of these things several times from people I know and like. What are that chances that I'd suddenly listen to some berk who isn't ashamed to pretend he's in touch with a dead cat after paying some other berks actual money to tell him what he wants to hear?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest