Mediums

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Mediums

#321  Postby BlackBart » Nov 14, 2018 7:02 am

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Fallible wrote:
There'll be some explanation as to why you are apparently unaware that 'clairvoyant' and 'fortune teller' are synonyms of 'medium'.

As is con-artist.

Just because some people within a profession are frauds or charlatans doesn't mean all are. That's just sterotyping, and it is the basis for racism among other evils.

Total cocksnot. No fucking medium ever has been proven to be genuine . Take your 99p shop racism analogy and shove it with the rest of your bullshit.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#322  Postby Fallible » Nov 14, 2018 7:07 am

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Fallible wrote:
There'll be some explanation as to why you are apparently unaware that 'clairvoyant' and 'fortune teller' are synonyms of 'medium'.

As is con-artist.

Just because some people within a profession are frauds or charlatans doesn't mean all are. That's just sterotyping, and it is the basis for racism among other evils.

Is there a shark on this planet you haven't jumped over on water skis at this point?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#323  Postby BlackBart » Nov 14, 2018 7:21 am

The Fonz was comedy gold compared to this guy's dross..
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#324  Postby BlackBart » Nov 14, 2018 7:24 am

That's right folks. Wortfish just compared criticism of 'mediums' to racism.
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#325  Postby hackenslash » Nov 14, 2018 9:46 am

Well, entire new depths of despicable trolling have been plumbed here. I'm torn between being disgusted and impressed.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#326  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Nov 14, 2018 10:27 am

I'm just relieved to know that, when we all develop cancer, we'll be able to think it away.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#327  Postby Wortfish » Nov 14, 2018 11:04 am

BlackBart wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Fallible wrote:

As is con-artist.

Total cocksnot. No fucking medium ever has been proven to be genuine . Take your 99p shop racism analogy and shove it with the rest of your bullshit.

Racist views are often formed because one has a bad opinion of an individual of a different race and you try and claim that he is bad because of his race. For example, "Jared Kushner is a Jew and a despicable person..........all Jews are despicable."
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#328  Postby TopCat » Nov 14, 2018 11:18 am

hackenslash wrote:Well, entire new depths of despicable trolling have been plumbed here. I'm torn between being disgusted and impressed.

I can't be sure, and I may be wrong, but I don't think it's intentional trolling. If it is, and he's been simply enjoying winding people up here with progressively more and more outrageousness, then it's gone on for so long that that in itself betrays something very bizarre about his character.

I think it's simpler: some people - and what passes for their ability to reason - really are as warped and despicable as this. Disgust is the right reaction, I think.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#329  Postby Cito di Pense » Nov 14, 2018 11:33 am

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:

As is con-artist.

Racist views are often formed because one has a bad opinion of an individual of a different race and you try and claim that he is bad because of his race. For example, "Jared Kushner is a Jew and a despicable person..........all Jews are despicable."

Profession is voluntary. See if you can figure out the rest. At least explain why you suggest "Jewish" is voluntary. It's an identification, sure. But that's not the same as a profession, because the only folks who care whether you identify as Jewish are either other Jews or racists. Sometimes one can be both a Jew and a racist. Was that your point?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#330  Postby newolder » Nov 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Wortfish wrote:...
Just because some people within a profession are frauds or charlatans doesn't mean all are. ...

Do you have a connection to Robert O Young? Since you post no evidence in support of your claims, how is your trolling of this forum different to Young's behaviour at the link?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#331  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 14, 2018 3:49 pm

BlackBart wrote:That's right folks. Wortfish just compared criticism of 'mediums' to racism.

I'm reminded of another recent post where someone compared something you said to people jumping out of windows on 9/11. Though I recall they did a better job of pressing their faux-outrage.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#332  Postby Thommo » Nov 14, 2018 3:59 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
BlackBart wrote:That's right folks. Wortfish just compared criticism of 'mediums' to racism.

I'm reminded of another recent post where someone compared something you said to people jumping out of windows on 9/11. Though I recall they did a better job of pressing their faux-outrage.

That was a different black: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2 ... p#p2657291 . Adder rather than Bart!
Thommo

Print view this post

#333  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Woops :oops: Sorry!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#334  Postby BlackBart » Nov 14, 2018 11:20 pm

Forgiven. :hug:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#335  Postby Wortfish » Nov 21, 2018 10:53 pm

I have just had my fourth reading with my late cat:

The information provided was even more impressive:

1. The cat expressed frustration that I changed medium and sent a pain in the throat of the psychic that indicated to him (a Brit) that the cat wanted to speak to the American medium I had initially contacted. I never told him I had consulted someone else.

2. The cat is still in the house and likes to investigate a white bowl in the corner. Indeed, there is a white drinking bowl for the other cats in the corner of the kitchen.

3. The cat told the medium that he was received upon death by a lady called Josephine. He said she was either my mother or grandmother. Indeed, my late grannie was called "Josie".

The medium also warned me that the cat is currently receiving healing for his period of physical sickness which affected him spiritually also. Once he has been restored, he will make more "appearances" in the house like how I experienced in the first few weeks.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#336  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 22, 2018 2:59 am

I had a reading with my two late cats a couple hours ago, and they told me that you're full of shit. Based on your approach to evidence, you must accept this. Where does that leave us?
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#337  Postby Fallible » Nov 22, 2018 7:07 am

Well after that, I'm totally convinced.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#338  Postby The_Metatron » Nov 22, 2018 7:18 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:I had a reading with my two late cats a couple hours ago, and they told me that you're full of shit. Based on your approach to evidence, you must accept this. Where does that leave us?

Two dead cats? And, they corroborated each other’s assertions?

Well, that’s twice the reliability of the single dead cat medium’s readings. That’s evidence, man.

He’s full of shit. It’s the only conclusion.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#339  Postby laklak » Nov 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting a medium.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#340  Postby Thommo » Nov 23, 2018 2:09 am

:lol:
Thommo

Print view this post

PreviousNext