Mediums

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Mediums

#341  Postby zulumoose » Nov 23, 2018 6:13 am

You know what these mediums say..

He who carries a tale by a dead cat, learns something he can in no other way.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#342  Postby Wortfish » Nov 24, 2018 3:23 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:I had a reading with my two late cats a couple hours ago, and they told me that you're full of shit. Based on your approach to evidence, you must accept this. Where does that leave us?

No you didn't. There is an afterlife, there are angels and there is a God. There are also demons who lead people astray.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#343  Postby Thommo » Nov 24, 2018 3:37 pm

FUA wrote:1.5. not engage in theistic preaching, proselytising and/or witnessing either on the forum or via PM. If you are a theist you are freely permitted to discuss religion and your religious faith but you may not purposely harass or pressure other members to convert or to accept the ‘truth’ of your theistic beliefs and/or doctrine. In particular you may not overtly or covertly imply that other members are sinners or that they are likely to experience religious or other supernatural consequences for their thoughts, words, or actions.
Preaching/proselytising/witnessing
rationalskepticism.org is a forum for rational, clear thinking, and does this by encouraging debate and the exchange of different points of view. You are free to discuss religion and your religious faith but members should be able to take part in debate free from religious harassment or from being pressured to convert. The behaviours that are prohibited, other than as examples within legitimate discussion, include preaching, dogmatic presentation of material from religious books, witnessing used as evidence, telling members that they are sinners, or threatening them with any kind of religious or other supernatural consequences for their thoughts, words, or actions.
Thommo

Print view this post

#344  Postby laklak » Nov 24, 2018 3:56 pm

Wortfish wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:I had a reading with my two late cats a couple hours ago, and they told me that you're full of shit. Based on your approach to evidence, you must accept this. Where does that leave us?

No you didn't. There is an afterlife, there are angels and there is a God. There are also demons who lead people astray.

And witches. Also warlocks, vampires, and werewolves. Bigfeet, Nessie, Area 51 aliens, and flying monkeys. Not to mention silkies, banshees, elves, orcs, hobbits, Klingons, Morlocks, Ancient Gods of Eldritch Horror, and a few I've forgotten.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#345  Postby BlackBart » Nov 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Wortfish wrote:

You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#346  Postby newolder » Nov 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Wortfish wrote:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#347  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Wortfish wrote:

No you didn't.

Sure did. But it's funny how you didn't just accept the evidence I put forward. I mean, all you've done is make claims without anything to back it up, so if I just make a bald claim that's a perfectly valid bit of evidence by your measure, isn't it? Gosh, I wonder why you're head over heels for yours, but totally not psyched about mine?

There is an afterlife, there are angels and there is a God. There are also demons who lead people astray.

I'd ask for real evidence, but I'm pretty sure you don't have any. Call it an inspired hunch.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#348  Postby Evolving » Nov 24, 2018 8:17 pm

Not so much an after-life as an après-vie.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#349  Postby Wortfish » Nov 24, 2018 11:22 pm

laklak wrote:
Wortfish wrote:

And witches. Also warlocks, vampires, and werewolves. Bigfeet, Nessie, Area 51 aliens, and flying monkeys. Not to mention silkies, banshees, elves, orcs, hobbits, Klingons, Morlocks, Ancient Gods of Eldritch Horror, and a few I've forgotten.

There are indeed witches and warlocks. And there are vampire bats and lycanthropes that prey on us. There are probably Sasquatch running amok in the forests of California setting fire to them. Not sure about Klingons, though.

Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#350  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Man, they must make a bundle off you at any local paranormal conventions.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#351  Postby Animavore » Nov 24, 2018 11:55 pm

I've been a medium for most of my adult life. It starting to look like I need to lay off the beer and rich foods if I want to keep that status.

EDIT: Looks like I already made that joke. Gotta stop drinking so much beers.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#352  Postby BlackBart » Nov 25, 2018 12:10 am

Oh dear. Keep trying Wortfish. You never know, your trolling may one day reach the giddy heights of half-arsed.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#353  Postby laklak » Nov 25, 2018 12:21 am

We ain't got Bigfeets here, we got skunk apes. I see'd one oncet, 'fore God. Stunk like PapPaw after a weeks huntin'.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#354  Postby Hermit » Nov 25, 2018 6:02 am

laklak wrote:
Wortfish wrote:

Nessie. You forgot Nessie! How could you?

Although Nessie has not been seen in Loch Ness for years, she definitely exists, just not in Scotland any more. She has migrated and now lives in South Australia. Lake Bumbunga, about 125 kilometres north of Adelaide, to be precise. I know this because I have seen her. Yes, I do have evidence! Here is the photo I took of her. It's out of focus to maintain the tradition.

God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#355  Postby Fallible » Nov 25, 2018 11:28 am

Wortfish wrote:

There is a mean giant that eats naughty lying forum posters. I expect you to now be very afraid and repent. Get on with it, quick.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#356  Postby Fallible » Nov 25, 2018 11:30 am

Wortfish wrote:
laklak wrote:
Wortfish wrote:

There are indeed witches and warlocks. And there are vampire bats and lycanthropes that prey on us. There are probably Sasquatch running amok in the forests of California setting fire to them. Not sure about Klingons, though.

Well, there are cling-ons.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#357  Postby laklak » Nov 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Vulcans, too. They manufacture rubber.
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#358  Postby felltoearth » Nov 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Fallible wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
laklak wrote:
Wortfish wrote:

Well, there are cling-ons.

Yes, they fly around Uranus.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#359  Postby laklak » Nov 25, 2018 3:41 pm

We have the technology.
Attachments
kling offs.jpg
kling offs.jpg (46.4 KiB) Viewed 896 times
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#360  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 25, 2018 4:45 pm

I've got video evidence of Klingons:

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural