Mediums

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Mediums

#81  Postby BlackBart » Oct 22, 2018 6:39 am

Wortfish wrote:
laklak wrote:She smelled the spores on you?

I'm getting an impression...over here...something about an "H"...or maybe a "J".....could be "P'.....anyone.....????


Do you have any shrooms growing on your walls? I do. But nobody knew about this until the medium brought it up.



So this was super-special black mould and mushrooms that's invisible to everyone except cats and mediums was it?

Oh and, BTW...

https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-and/sepsi ... nfections/

Maybe if you'd spent the time you waste desperately trying to troll complete strangers online on practicing basic hygiene instead, you might still have a cat. Just a thought.



One personal reading isn't itself evidence for God and against atheism. But the totality of them is definitely against atheism.


One turd isn't evidence for my whacky claims, but a great big pile of turds is. Good luck at the 'Fucked up reasoning Awards'! :thumbup:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Mediums

#82  Postby Fallible » Oct 22, 2018 7:36 am

Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote::rofl:


And just what do you find so amusing? :rage:


That you actually spent time typing that out.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#83  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 1:49 pm

BlackBart wrote:
So this was super-special black mould and mushrooms that's invisible to everyone except cats and mediums was it?


Err...no.....but it wasn't known to anyone who hadn't visited the house. That's the whole point. The medium divulged information that only someone who had been inside the house would have known about.

Oh and, BTW...

https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-and/sepsi ... nfections/

Maybe if you'd spent the time you waste desperately trying to troll complete strangers online on practicing basic hygiene instead, you might still have a cat. Just a thought.


The cat suffered from an autoimmune disease. The steroid medication it received suppressed the immune system making it harder for it to fight infection: https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-and/sepsi ... -diseases/

Your "thought" sucks.
Last edited by Wortfish on Oct 22, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#84  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 1:56 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:We only have your recollection of what happened and it can not be independently verified
Mediums being anti atheist proves absolutely nothing other than that fact and nothing else
You can actually be an atheist and believe in the afterlife long as you do not believe in God


That is the nature of personal readings...they are personal and are not scientifically controlled experiments. However, the person consulting the medium tries not to divulge any information that the medium can elaborate upon. I never mentioned the fact that my cat liked to be placed on my shoulder, that I removed his bed or that there are shrooms and mold growing on my kitchen walls. The probability that the medium could have guessed all 3 are extremely tiny and so highly significant.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#85  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Fallible wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote::rofl:


And just what do you find so amusing? :rage:


That you actually spent time typing that out.


You are a very insensitive and cruel woman.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#86  Postby newolder » Oct 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
So this was super-special black mould and mushrooms that's invisible to everyone except cats and mediums was it?


Err...no.....but it wasn't known to anyone who hadn't visited the house. That's the whole point. The medium divulged information that only someone who had been inside the house would have known about.

... and this makes it beyond normal experience because ...

Oh and, BTW...

https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-and/sepsi ... nfections/

Maybe if you'd spent the time you waste desperately trying to troll complete strangers online on practicing basic hygiene instead, you might still have a cat. Just a thought.


The cat suffered from an autoimmune disease. The steroid medication it received suppressed the immune system making it harder for it to fight infection: https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-and/sepsi ... -diseases/

Your "thought" sucks.

Nope, nothing paranormal here either.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7321
Age: 1
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#87  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Wortfish wrote:
laklak wrote:She smelled the spores on you?

I'm getting an impression...over here...something about an "H"...or maybe a "J".....could be "P'.....anyone.....????


Do you have any shrooms growing on your walls? I do. But nobody knew about this until the medium brought it up.

Or at least, nobody had the will or opportunity to tell you that you smelled like a mushroom.

One personal reading isn't itself evidence for God and against atheism. But the totality of them is definitely against atheism.

It does seem that people like yourself, reaching for their foregone conclusion, are against atheism. Until you have some actual verifiable evidence to present, though, I doubt anyone's going to give a shit about what you claim.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14647
Age: 41
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Mediums

#88  Postby felltoearth » Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
So this was super-special black mould and mushrooms that's invisible to everyone except cats and mediums was it?


Err...no.....but it wasn't known to anyone who hadn't visited the house. That's the whole point. The medium divulged information that only someone who had been inside the house would have known about.

Of the two people in the room, one of you had been inside the house. I'll let you work out "how they could have possibly known" from there.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14081
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#89  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 4:10 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
So this was super-special black mould and mushrooms that's invisible to everyone except cats and mediums was it?


Err...no.....but it wasn't known to anyone who hadn't visited the house. That's the whole point. The medium divulged information that only someone who had been inside the house would have known about.

Of the two people in the room, one of you had been inside the house. I'll let you work out "how they could have possibly known" from there.


I never brought it up. But my late cat did through the medium. He also brought up how he died, the pain associated with it and how I used to hold him and he was upset I had thrown away his lovely bed. Some of these the medium could have guessed, but not the bit about the fungi. The medium didn't report anything wrong.

Rather than just obfuscate and ignore, you should just accept that this is one piece of evidence in support of either an afterlife or ESP. It doesn't prove anything, but it is one of many pieces of evidence that , cumulatively, make the case for life after death and the existence of spirits.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#90  Postby BlackBart » Oct 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
So this was super-special black mould and mushrooms that's invisible to everyone except cats and mediums was it?


Err...no.....but it wasn't known to anyone who hadn't visited the house. That's the whole point. The medium divulged information that only someone who had been inside the house would have known about.



As has already been pointed out... Mould and damp smells...and it tends to cling...

Of course, another possibility is you're just lying like a broken clock and there was no medium. Or even a cat. :coffee:

Oh and, BTW...

https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-and/sepsi ... nfections/

Maybe if you'd spent the time you waste desperately trying to troll complete strangers online on practicing basic hygiene instead, you might still have a cat. Just a thought.


The cat suffered from an autoimmune disease. The steroid medication it received suppressed the immune system making it harder for it to fight infection: https://www.sepsis.org/sepsis-and/sepsi ... -diseases/


Wait! What? That's even worse! The poor hapless moggy in your care had an impaired auto-immune system and you didn't bother cleaning up black mould and mushrooms in your kitchen?! Jesus H. Fucking Christ in a gimp mask. :nono:

Your "thought" sucks.


Doesn't suck as much as keeping a sick pet in an unsanitary environment. :nono:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12245
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#91  Postby laklak » Oct 22, 2018 4:25 pm

"There's mold.."

I live in Florida. Of bloody course there's mold.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#92  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Ever feel like you're being told a story?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14647
Age: 41
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#93  Postby Fallible » Oct 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
Fallible wrote::rofl:


And just what do you find so amusing? :rage:


That you actually spent time typing that out.


You are a very insensitive and cruel woman.


You are a troll.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#94  Postby Fallible » Oct 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Wortfish wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
So this was super-special black mould and mushrooms that's invisible to everyone except cats and mediums was it?


Err...no.....but it wasn't known to anyone who hadn't visited the house. That's the whole point. The medium divulged information that only someone who had been inside the house would have known about.

Of the two people in the room, one of you had been inside the house. I'll let you work out "how they could have possibly known" from there.


I never brought it up. But my late cat did through the medium. He also brought up how he died, the pain associated with it and how I used to hold him and he was upset I had thrown away his lovely bed. Some of these the medium could have guessed, but not the bit about the fungi. The medium didn't report anything wrong.

Rather than just obfuscate and ignore, you should just accept that this is one piece of evidence in support of either an afterlife or ESP. It doesn't prove anything, but it is one of many pieces of evidence that , cumulatively, make the case for life after death and the existence of spirits.


No dear, it's just something you said on the internet.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 48
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#95  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 6:51 pm

BlackBart wrote:
Of course, another possibility is you're just lying like a broken clock and there was no medium. Or even a cat. :coffee:


You can accuse me of fabrication if you wish, although that is a rather desperate effort of evasion on your part. But many people have recorded their calls with mediums and the transcripts are available for scientists to examine.

Wait! What? That's even worse! The poor hapless moggy in your care had an impaired auto-immune system and you didn't bother cleaning up black mould and mushrooms in your kitchen?! Jesus H. Fucking Christ in a gimp mask. :nono:


Autoimmune diseases are genetic in origin.Shrooms don't cause it. A breakdown in homeostasis does.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Mediums

#96  Postby zulumoose » Oct 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Wortfish wrote:

Wait! What? That's even worse! The poor hapless moggy in your care had an impaired auto-immune system and you didn't bother cleaning up black mould and mushrooms in your kitchen?! Jesus H. Fucking Christ in a gimp mask. :nono:


Autoimmune diseases are genetic in origin.Shrooms don't cause it. A breakdown in homeostasis does.


Unbelievable :lol: :shock: :o
User avatar
zulumoose
 
Posts: 3630

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#97  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 6:56 pm

laklak wrote:"There's mold.."

I live in Florida. Of bloody course there's mold.


Shrooms, not just mold.

Why bring it up unless it was a serious issue? Why not just say that there is shit in the toilet bowl? Why did the spirit of my cat - speaking through the medium - feel that this was worth mentioning in order to confirm that the connection was authentic?

But, hey, some of you folks must have lost pets in the last few years. Why not contact a medium and see if the information they provide could not have been acquired just by guessing or manipulation? Some mediums start at just $40 a reading.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#98  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 6:57 pm

zulumoose wrote:
Wortfish wrote:

Wait! What? That's even worse! The poor hapless moggy in your care had an impaired auto-immune system and you didn't bother cleaning up black mould and mushrooms in your kitchen?! Jesus H. Fucking Christ in a gimp mask. :nono:


Autoimmune diseases are genetic in origin. Shrooms don't cause it. A breakdown in homeostasis does.


Unbelievable :lol: :shock: :o


Actually, the excess inflammation is caused by the lack of expression of a small peptide used to control the immune response. This happens more as the animal gets older.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#99  Postby Wortfish » Oct 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Fallible wrote:

No dear, it's just something you said on the internet.


Most legal systems take first person eyewitness testimony seriously. What I am reporting IS evidence of an afterlife and ESP.
User avatar
Wortfish
 
Posts: 971

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Mediums

#100  Postby felltoearth » Oct 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Wortfish wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
So this was super-special black mould and mushrooms that's invisible to everyone except cats and mediums was it?


Err...no.....but it wasn't known to anyone who hadn't visited the house. That's the whole point. The medium divulged information that only someone who had been inside the house would have known about.

Of the two people in the room, one of you had been inside the house. I'll let you work out "how they could have possibly known" from there.


I never brought it up. But my late cat did through the medium. He also brought up how he died, the pain associated with it and how I used to hold him and he was upset I had thrown away his lovely bed. Some of these the medium could have guessed, but not the bit about the fungi. The medium didn't report anything wrong.

Rather than just obfuscate and ignore, you should just accept that this is one piece of evidence in support of either an afterlife or ESP. It doesn't prove anything, but it is one of many pieces of evidence that , cumulatively, make the case for life after death and the existence of spirits.


I’m going to put aside the possibility that you don’t know what cold reading is and can’t comprehend it due to an addled brain fried on religion, and I’m going to ask a question.

What is your anecdote “evidence” of, exactly?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14081
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest