Ouija Board help

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Ouija Board help

#21  Postby tolman » Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm

infiniteentropy wrote:When I was in my late teens I took part in an experiment with a Ouija board with a group of friends. We wanted to see what would happen if a group who didn't really believe in the super natural tried it. We did it on Southampton common next to the graveyard after dark (for best atmosphere as possible).

Well, you certainly picked the right place for it.

While I'm sure the guys hanging around behind the trees hoping for some passing action were little actual threat, there did usually seem to be quite a few of them frequenting that area.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby infiniteentropy » Jan 16, 2013 9:40 pm

tolman wrote:
infiniteentropy wrote:When I was in my late teens I took part in an experiment with a Ouija board with a group of friends. We wanted to see what would happen if a group who didn't really believe in the super natural tried it. We did it on Southampton common next to the graveyard after dark (for best atmosphere as possible).

Well, you certainly picked the right place for it.

While I'm sure the guys hanging around behind the trees hoping for some passing action were little actual threat, there did usually seem to be quite a few of them frequenting that area.

We've never had trouble but are aware what goes on on the common. Are you local?
infiniteentropy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#23  Postby tolman » Jan 17, 2013 1:53 am

infiniteentropy wrote:We've never had trouble but are aware what goes on on the common. Are you local?

I was for a few years - lived a street or two west of the north end of the churchyard, with various friends on the east side.

If anything it seemed more depressing than anything else - I dare say people hanging around there were probably more scared of J Random Passerby than vice versa, possibly for good reason, but it could still be a little intimidating at times for a solo traveller late at night.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#24  Postby electricwhiteboy » Jan 17, 2013 4:12 pm

I debunked a Ouija session once. I asked for some large prime numbers and pi to 20 twenty, suddenly the board stopped working! The guy holding the session was a nasty piece of work mostly trying to kid on he could do "magick" to get laid with impressionable goth girls. He threw me out of the house and tried to put a "curse" on me for disrupting the session when I corrected his tarot reading which was an obvious Barnum statement/ cold reading and not what the cards actually meant.

Found out later he was trying to spread a rumour that I had “powers” myself and had used them to interfere.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#25  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 19, 2013 8:03 am

Kangaroo495 wrote:
What other angles can I take?

:thumbup:

Personally, if I was hoping for domestic bliss, my strategy would be to forget it. I learned this when trying to convince an EX girlfriend that the world wasn't going to end in 2012.... but doing so resulted in our relationship ending considerably earlier!

Then again - that was for the best all things considered, so yeah - depends on what outcome you desire! :)
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#26  Postby quas » Jan 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Kangaroo495 wrote:Is there anything other than the Ouija Board that could illicit an idiomotor reaction in people?

Plenty. Pendulums, dousing, automatic writing, etc. Basically anything that involves a human hand. Easiest way to debunk is to ask questions that the person having the ideomotor reaction couldn't have answers to.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#27  Postby romansh » Mar 31, 2013 12:38 am

When I was sixteen, a friend I and tried a Ouiji board. Our spirit was Joker.
Anyway when discussing the the experience afterwards, my friend said at least he [the supposed spirit] got the year of Queen Victoria's death right, 1898. For some reason we had asked in what year had she died. Being a coin collector I immediately knew this was wrong. After convincing him, he was wrong, my friend swore that he had not moved the glass intentionally.

I believed him, but having said that, it gave me a first hand insight as to how the ouiji board phenomena worked.
The worrying bit is, there is (was) no way of telling which answers I might have been responsible for.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby minininja » Aug 03, 2014 8:06 am

Oh I heard one last night. A friend of a friend was talking about a time they'd been using a ouija board. A group of them had been talking to a spirit for a little while, but the words kept coming back spelled wrong or with jumbled letters. Then another girl who'd been sleeping on the sofa at the time woke up and asked them what they were doing. When they told her the name of the spirit they were talking to, it turned out to be her dad - apparently no-one in the group knew her dad or knew that he had died, and they all got freaked out. And the reason why the words kept coming back mixed up? The girl said her dad had been dyslexic!
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]
minininja

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#29  Postby trubble76 » Aug 03, 2014 5:56 pm

minininja wrote:Oh I heard one last night. A friend of a friend was talking about a time they'd been using a ouija board. A group of them had been talking to a spirit for a little while, but the words kept coming back spelled wrong or with jumbled letters. Then another girl who'd been sleeping on the sofa at the time woke up and asked them what they were doing. When they told her the name of the spirit they were talking to, it turned out to be her dad - apparently no-one in the group knew her dad or knew that he had died, and they all got freaked out. And the reason why the words kept coming back mixed up? The girl said her dad had been dyslexic!

Uh-huh, well that sounds legit.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 03, 2014 5:58 pm

I was going to fly to Mars according to one board.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Fallible » Aug 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Even I've got responses from a ouija board. Those involuntary hand movements can be very convincing. 1)Put something heavy on the end of a bit of string, 2) establish which way is left and which right, 3) then ask a series of questions. 4) Prepare to be dazzled.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#32  Postby BlackBart » Aug 03, 2014 7:02 pm

T... W... A... :shock:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#33  Postby JackRussell » Aug 06, 2014 2:54 pm

A OuiJa board told me I was going to play for Partick Thistle and Tottenham Hotspur. I guess at age 44 I should perhaps be slightly skeptical about my spiritually vaunted footie talent.;)
JackRussell

Name: Mark
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural