please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#1  Postby wakawakawaka » Nov 03, 2013 2:55 am

hello there everyone I need some help debunking, there was this woman Johanna Michaelsen whom claimed that she had worked with a "real" psychic surgeon, and not ones debunked by randi, named pachita whom was able to cut people supposedly without any blood and transfer livers and other organs. And later Johanna claimed that all this pachita stuff was actually satanic! so can anyone help me with some debunking of this woman's claims? ive found some stuff and pictures of pachita online supposedly doing her surgeries and i dont know if she was just faking with these,but i would really like some help from people on this forum with a small investgation
wakawakawaka
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 48
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#2  Postby wakawakawaka » Nov 03, 2013 7:49 pm

ive found the book where she describes all this stuff online http://www.knowingthebible.net/files/do ... f-Evil.pdf if anyone wants to take a look
wakawakawaka
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 48
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#3  Postby laklak » Nov 03, 2013 7:57 pm

No point in debunking, once people have swallowed the WooAid there's no convincing them. If they want some phony psychic "surgeon" to remove their malignant tumors that's one less woohead to deal with later. People who go to psychic "surgeons" are also know as "dead people".
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#4  Postby BlackBart » Nov 03, 2013 8:12 pm

There's an invisible Unicorn in my bathroom that hasn't been debunked by Randi either.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12413
Age: 59
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#5  Postby wakawakawaka » Nov 03, 2013 8:16 pm

i know that and ive found several accounts of the psychic surgeon supposedly "healing" like here http://www.lawofone.info/excerpts.php but i think they are from parapsychologists like the infamous Andrija Puharich so would be safe to say those cannot be relied upon as a accurate source?
wakawakawaka
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 48
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#6  Postby Matthew Shute » Nov 03, 2013 8:19 pm

I also notice that the Randi Foundation's $1,000,000, for anyone demonstrating paranormal powers, remains unclaimed.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
User avatar
Matthew Shute
 
Name: Matthew Shute
Posts: 3676
Age: 43

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#7  Postby iamthereforeithink » Nov 03, 2013 8:25 pm

wakawakawaka wrote:ive found the book where she describes all this stuff online http://www.knowingthebible.net/files/do ... f-Evil.pdf if anyone wants to take a look


There are a gazillion such stories floating around on the internet. What's special about this particular woohead that we should take the time to debunk her puerile nonsense? One can try to debunk something that has some measure of credibility to begin with. We can't scour lunatic asylums to debunk the claims of the inmates.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
User avatar
iamthereforeithink
 
Posts: 3332
Age: 11
Male

Country: USA/ EU
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#8  Postby laklak » Nov 03, 2013 8:33 pm

A possible hint might be in the websites you're linking to. Knowingthebible, Lawofone, it's bullshit, all of it. I looked on the lawofone site and they in turn linked to that fucking fountain of snake oil, Uri Geller. How anyone can take any of this seriously is beyond me. Transferring livers and other organs between bodies without anesthetic, antibiotics, antirejection meds? Come on, there's nothing here to "debunk" at all. I tried to link to Knowingthebible but it's a flagged attack site. Here's a quote from Lawofone:

On the day of the operation, Pachita lifted the kidney out of the jar
with her bloody hands. She then sliced it in two longitudinally, stating
that she was going to transplant each half separately. Next she plunged
the knife deeply into one side of the back, twisted the knife around,
and asked me to drop one kidney half into the hole. I was utterly
surprised to find that the kidney in my hand was literally “sucked” into
the body of the patient. When I palpated the spot where the kidney had
been “sucked” in, I found that the tissue had closed immediately, there
was no hole in the skin. It was awesome! In this manner both halves of
the kidney were transplanted. The entire operation lasted 92 seconds.
One hour afterwards the patient was able to stand. She slept well, and
was urinating normally some 14 hours later. After three days she boarded
a plane and flew home to the United States."


Half a kidney was "sucked into" a hole cut in some person's back which then miraculously disappeared, the entire operation took only 92 seconds and the person recovered completely in three days? Really? Damn, guess that shows all those silly ass doctors at Johns Hopkins, eh?

Anyone else getting a faint whiff of old socks?
Last edited by laklak on Nov 03, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#9  Postby wakawakawaka » Nov 03, 2013 8:35 pm

iamthereforeithink wrote:
wakawakawaka wrote:ive found the book where she describes all this stuff online http://www.knowingthebible.net/files/do ... f-Evil.pdf if anyone wants to take a look


There are a gazillion such stories floating around on the internet. What's special about this particular woohead that we should take the time to debunk her puerile nonsense? One can try to debunk something that has some measure of credibility to begin with. We can't scour lunatic asylums to debunk the claims of the inmates.

its that Johanna Michaelsen used to be the sister in law of Hal Lindsey and she was responsible for alot of the satanic panic a while back, and it seems she still continues to enjoy promoting satanic ritual abuse nonsense
wakawakawaka
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 48
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#10  Postby iamthereforeithink » Nov 03, 2013 8:44 pm

wakawakawaka wrote:
iamthereforeithink wrote:
wakawakawaka wrote:ive found the book where she describes all this stuff online http://www.knowingthebible.net/files/do ... f-Evil.pdf if anyone wants to take a look


There are a gazillion such stories floating around on the internet. What's special about this particular woohead that we should take the time to debunk her puerile nonsense? One can try to debunk something that has some measure of credibility to begin with. We can't scour lunatic asylums to debunk the claims of the inmates.

its that Johanna Michaelsen used to be the sister in law of Hal Lindsey and she was responsible for alot of the satanic panic a while back, and it seems she still continues to enjoy promoting satanic ritual abuse nonsense


Yes, that's what I meant when I said "inmates of lunatic asylums". With these magic powers, why bother to go all the trouble with kitchen knife surgeries for installing half-kidneys stored in refrigerators, that get magically sucked into space-warp like holes in the body that close instantaneously without a trace? Why not just cure the problem by waving your hands and whispering "abracadabra"?
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
User avatar
iamthereforeithink
 
Posts: 3332
Age: 11
Male

Country: USA/ EU
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#11  Postby wakawakawaka » Nov 03, 2013 8:56 pm

laklak wrote:A possible hint might be in the websites you're linking to. Knowingthebible, Lawofone, it's bullshit, all of it. I looked on the lawofone site and they in turn linked to that fucking fountain of snake oil, Uri Geller. How anyone can take any of this seriously is beyond me. Transferring livers and other organs between bodies without anesthetic, antibiotics, antirejection meds? Come on, there's nothing here to "debunk" at all. I tried to link to Knowingthebible but it's a flagged attack site. Here's a quote from Lawofone:

On the day of the operation, Pachita lifted the kidney out of the jar
with her bloody hands. She then sliced it in two longitudinally, stating
that she was going to transplant each half separately. Next she plunged
the knife deeply into one side of the back, twisted the knife around,
and asked me to drop one kidney half into the hole. I was utterly
surprised to find that the kidney in my hand was literally “sucked” into
the body of the patient. When I palpated the spot where the kidney had
been “sucked” in, I found that the tissue had closed immediately, there
was no hole in the skin. It was awesome! In this manner both halves of
the kidney were transplanted. The entire operation lasted 92 seconds.
One hour afterwards the patient was able to stand. She slept well, and
was urinating normally some 14 hours later. After three days she boarded
a plane and flew home to the United States."


Half a kidney was "sucked into" a hole cut in some person's back which then miraculously disappeared, the entire operation took only 92 seconds and the person recovered completely in three days? Really? Damn, guess that shows all those silly ass doctors at Johns Hopkins, eh?

Anyone else getting a faint whiff of old socks?

not just that my mind explodes with the sheer absurdity of this story almost everytime i even think about it
wakawakawaka
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 48
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#12  Postby iamthereforeithink » Nov 03, 2013 9:04 pm

"Kidney gets sucked into a hole that is nowhere to be found soon after". It fits the profile of a standard magician's slight-of-hand trick much better than a surgery of any kind.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
User avatar
iamthereforeithink
 
Posts: 3332
Age: 11
Male

Country: USA/ EU
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#13  Postby hackenslash » Nov 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Where's the test under laboratory conditions?
User avatar
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 21843
Age: 52
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#14  Postby hackenslash » Nov 03, 2013 9:08 pm

laklak wrote:Anyone else getting a faint whiff of old socks?


The spidey sense is certainly beginning to tingle...
User avatar
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 21843
Age: 52
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#15  Postby laklak » Nov 03, 2013 9:21 pm

hackenslash wrote:
laklak wrote:Anyone else getting a faint whiff of old socks?


The spidey sense is certainly beginning to tingle...


I'm getting an impression.....

Image
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#16  Postby wakawakawaka » Nov 03, 2013 11:27 pm

hackenslash wrote:Where's the test under laboratory conditions?

i ve found are some stories by people whom claimed to have worked with her but they seem to be all unreliable at best and idiots at worst, but just for fun, i found supposedly her son doing psychic surgery http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w053 ... artie_news does it look as fake as i think it does
wakawakawaka
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 48
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#17  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 04, 2013 1:15 am

laklak wrote:
hackenslash wrote:
laklak wrote:Anyone else getting a faint whiff of old socks?


The spidey sense is certainly beginning to tingle...


I'm getting an impression.....


I suddenly have the urge to experiment with electricity.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14774
Age: 41
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#18  Postby wakawakawaka » Nov 04, 2013 2:27 am

but still can anyone give me some advice on detecting sight of hand? like with the video above i believe the "surgery" done was just a bad parlor trick but i cant quite but how he did it exactly
wakawakawaka
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 48
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#19  Postby hackenslash » Nov 04, 2013 8:04 am

wakawakawaka wrote:
hackenslash wrote:Where's the test under laboratory conditions?

i ve found are some stories by people whom claimed to have worked with her but they seem to be all unreliable at best and idiots at worst, but just for fun, i found supposedly her son doing psychic surgery http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1w053 ... artie_news does it look as fake as i think it does


So that's a no, then. Case dismissed.

That's all there is to it. Controlled test under laboratory conditions or there's nothing to debunk. No peer-reviewed material. Nothing remotely robust. Just anecdotes from fuckwits.
User avatar
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 21843
Age: 52
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: please help me debunk the story of Johanna Michaelsen?

#20  Postby zulumoose » Nov 04, 2013 8:35 am

The thing to keep in your head is this:-

If anyone COULD actually pull off this sort of thing, can you think of any good reason why they would not seek credible verification? It would be very easy to find scientists who value their own reputations enough so that if they cannot debunk you they will seek advice and further confirmation from colleagues, so that by the time it goes public it is virtually undeniable.

Surely any scientist in an appropriate field who is worth his salt would be interested in trying to debunk something a colleague had been forced to ask for help with.
User avatar
zulumoose
 
Posts: 3643

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest