Says The Scum

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: 'Psychic' Derek Acorah claims Maddie is dead

#21  Postby campermon » May 15, 2012 4:17 pm

MacIver wrote:What a fucking cunt. :nono:

Yes.

:nono:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby HughMcB » May 15, 2012 5:25 pm

An absolute twat box.
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#23  Postby CdesignProponentsist » May 15, 2012 5:40 pm

HughMcB wrote:An absolute twat box.

I think being a twat is a prerequisite for channeling the spirit world, or a douche, not sure which.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby james1v » May 15, 2012 8:09 pm

What a callous ponce.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby jerome » May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Wiðercora wrote:Derek Acorah, along with others of his ilk, is not fit to be a member of civilised society.

He's personally quite charming and affable, and having known him a long time I will say in his defense that he has been nice to me, despite my cynicism about his powers, Sam and celebrity psychics. I should point out that Gwen (his wife) posted on FB which I think she would not mind being shared

Derek has been stitched up by The Sun! I HATE that newspaper! They came on under the pretext of interviewing Derek to promote his shows in N Ireland and mentioned in passing Madelaine McCann. Derek said he did not want to talk about it because he did not want to jump on the Madelaine McCann bandwagon. The journo asked whether Derek believed whether she was still alive. He refused to make a statement as he does not wish to hurt her parents and add to their anguish. Now look what's happened! Journalists!!!!

Um, maybe. I seem to recall plenty of psychics did comment on MmcC case when it happened -- and I am too tired to search if Derek as among them. What I will say is that The Sun ran this as headline the day every other paper ran "Rebekah Brooks arrested": so a slow news day for them I assume. ;) Compared with the number of people who have posted websites, blogs and written books accusing the McCann's of being somehow involved in the tragedy this is not really that odious - plenty of people fear Madelaine is dead after all. I sincerely hope she is not. Yes it was a stupid thing to say, if he did, but in the context it appeared, given his strenuous denials, and knowing the guy (and not being a psychic fan one jot) I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

j x
Yours sincerely, Jerome -- a threat to reason & science

I am an Anglican Prejudice declared - My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/
jerome

Name: CJ
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby chairman bill » May 24, 2012 2:34 pm

That the Scum would seek to ignore the Rebekah Brooks thing, and provide a 'look over there' distraction, doesn't surprise.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Sityl » May 24, 2012 3:36 pm

A suppurating anus, a festering hell-hole.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Onyx8 » May 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Of course he comes across as a nice guy, con-men generally do, it's part of the 'shtick'.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#29  Postby HughMcB » May 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Sityl wrote:A suppurating anus, a festering hell-hole.

Didn't you mean a suppurating rat's rectum?

A suppurating rat's rectum inside a dead skunk that's been shoved up a week-old dead rhino's twat.
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Sityl » May 24, 2012 7:12 pm

HughMcB wrote:
Sityl wrote:A suppurating anus, a festering hell-hole.

Didn't you mean a suppurating rat's rectum?

A suppurating rat's rectum inside a dead skunk that's been shoved up a week-old dead rhino's twat.

Now you've got me all hot 'n bothered, but yes, that's what I meant. I am very excited about your new changes.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Fallible » May 24, 2012 7:35 pm

:rofl:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Calilasseia » May 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Well if it turns out he's been stitched up by the Daily Murdoch, in order to try and deflect attention from the fact that Rebekah Brooks was in deep shit over the NOTW phone hacking scandal, let's not be too hasty. It's not as if we lack evidence for Murdoch owned "news" outlets engaging in this sort of behaviour. Mind you, they're not alone in this. Stephen Byers ended up losing a Cabinet job, over the furore in which his press adviser suggested that the September 11th attacks provided an ideal opportunity to "get out anything we want to bury".

With respect to the question of whether this unfortunate missing girl is still alive, realistically, it has to be said that the probability of her still being alive is low. It's not zero, but dwindling with the passage of time. If she is still alive, then there exists the gruesome possibility that the circumstances in which she is still alive, are circumstances involving nameless horrors, and I suspect that this possibility is occupying the minds of numerous police officers in an unpleasant manner.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#33  Postby trubble76 » May 31, 2012 9:16 am

jerome wrote:
Wiðercora wrote:Derek Acorah, along with others of his ilk, is not fit to be a member of civilised society.

He's personally quite charming and affable, and having known him a long time I will say in his defense that he has been nice to me, despite my cynicism about his powers, Sam and celebrity psychics. I should point out that Gwen (his wife) posted on FB which I think she would not mind being shared

Derek has been stitched up by The Sun! I HATE that newspaper! They came on under the pretext of interviewing Derek to promote his shows in N Ireland and mentioned in passing Madelaine McCann. Derek said he did not want to talk about it because he did not want to jump on the Madelaine McCann bandwagon. The journo asked whether Derek believed whether she was still alive. He refused to make a statement as he does not wish to hurt her parents and add to their anguish. Now look what's happened! Journalists!!!!

Um, maybe. I seem to recall plenty of psychics did comment on MmcC case when it happened -- and I am too tired to search if Derek as among them. What I will say is that The Sun ran this as headline the day every other paper ran "Rebekah Brooks arrested": so a slow news day for them I assume. ;) Compared with the number of people who have posted websites, blogs and written books accusing the McCann's of being somehow involved in the tragedy this is not really that odious - plenty of people fear Madelaine is dead after all. I sincerely hope she is not. Yes it was a stupid thing to say, if he did, but in the context it appeared, given his strenuous denials, and knowing the guy (and not being a psychic fan one jot) I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

j x

Even if true, and it's not beyond belief, Acorah is still a piece of shit conman, a parasitic leach clamped to society's neck.
He is a liar and a thief and should be spending a long time in gaol thinking about the harm he has done.

If Murdoch's papers are a Shite Cannon, I'm happy for them to be aimed at pondlife like him.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#34  Postby rJD » May 31, 2012 9:43 am

trubble76 wrote:If Murdoch's papers are a Shite Cannon, I'm happy for them to be aimed at pondlife like him.

While shedding no tears for Acorah (if his wife's allegations are true), it would be very interesting indeed if Murdoch's rags were trying to deflect attention from the investigations into their prior wrongdoings by indulging in yet more wrongdoing, and choosing someone 'controversial', saying something 'controversial', in order that we aim our ire at his statement instead of their ongoing unethical behaviour, of which this distraction would be yet another example.

Convoluted phrasing, but I hope you get my meaning. :?
I was "jd" in RDF, and am still in Rationalia.com

"Wooberish" - a neologism for woo expressed in gibberish, spread the "meme".

rJD
RS Donator

Name: John
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 31, 2012 9:58 am

I believe it is par for the course with the Scum. Probably got orders to cause a stir somewhere else as a deflection tactic.
The inquiry is not going Mudoch's/Cameron's way. With Rebbeca locked up Cameron must be wondering how long.

Acorah is a conman but I agree if what his wife is saying is true the Scum has dropped to the lowest levels once again.

As for Maddie we dont know. The scenario's are so numurous anyone of them could be true.
I am not psychic but I think she is still alive.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby LeonardHatred » Jun 11, 2012 10:12 am

Old thread, I know, but I went to Acorah's Facebook page and asked several times if, since he refuted the allegation that he had said what the Scum had claimed he had, would he be referring his case to the Press Complaints Commision (and what better time to show the Scum up for that twats they are, you would think).
Never once did anyone answer me. And, to my knowledge, he still hasn't officially complained.
Instead I got a whole load of shit from his mindless drones supporters saying he'd been stitched up and what a lovely bloke he is, etc, etc, etc... :yuk:
LeonardHatred

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#37  Postby trubble76 » Jun 11, 2012 10:25 am

LeonardHatred wrote:Old thread, I know, but I went to Acorah's Facebook page and asked several times if, since he refuted the allegation that he had said what the Scum had claimed he had, would he be referring his case to the Press Complaints Commision (and what better time to show the Scum up for that twats they are, you would think).
Never once did anyone answer me. And, to my knowledge, he still hasn't officially complained.
Instead I got a whole load of shit from his mindless drones supporters saying he'd been stitched up and what a lovely bloke he is, etc, etc, etc... :yuk:

He claims to be a psychic, that rules out him being a lovely bloke. the two are mutually exclusive.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#38  Postby jerome » Jun 11, 2012 10:49 am

LeonardHatred wrote:Old thread, I know, but I went to Acorah's Facebook page and asked several times if, since he refuted the allegation that he had said what the Scum had claimed he had, would he be referring his case to the Press Complaints Commision (and what better time to show the Scum up for that twats they are, you would think).

This is an excellent plan. Derek as far as I know still can't use a computer, and I'm guessing his public page is run by his agent. However I think I still have an email for his wife, if not I'll message her on FB and ask why given her outrage this has not been followed up. I'll try and get on to it later in the week -- if i still have his number or an email it will be on my old PC.

LeonardHatred wrote:

This is completely par for the course! See the way Sally Morgan's fans reacted to the situation when she was allegedly caught cheating. Hard core spiritualists are a different matter - look up the Lincoln affair, it's hilarious, and they still have not generally forgiven him.

Anyhow I'll see what I can do. Great idea though: if Acorah's account is genuine he has a clear case surely for a complaint to the PCC?
j x

jerome

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#39  Postby jerome » Jun 11, 2012 11:00 am

trubble76 wrote:
He claims to be a psychic, that rules out him being a lovely bloke. the two are mutually exclusive.

I've known lovely people who think they are psychic. the world is full of them

j x

jerome

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#40  Postby The_Metatron » Jun 11, 2012 11:05 am

That troubles me, CJ.

When put to the test, none are psychic. The most reasonable conclusion is then, that they are not.

I suppose we could differentiate between those who think they are what I would call casually psychic, and those who con others with their imagined abilities.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural