'Psychic' Derek Acorah claims Maddie is dead

Says The Scum

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

'Psychic' Derek Acorah claims Maddie is dead

#1  Postby Fallible » May 15, 2012 9:53 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4316621/TV-psychic-Derek-Acorah-in-sick-Maddie-dead-claim.html

PSYCHIC Derek Acorah has outraged Kate and Gerry McCann by insisting daughter Madeleine is dead.
The TV medium, who claims a messenger from the spirit world gave him the information, said: “She’s not on this earth any more.”
A source close to the McCanns said: “They are sickened by this.”
Acorah, 62, has added to Kate and Gerry’s anguish by claiming Madeleine died years ago — and will soon be reincarnated.

Apparently, the tool can't understand why the McCanns are upset.

What I'm interested in here is the sheer brass neck this man continues to display. He's already been very publicly caught out in his lies, and yet he still thinks it's a good idea to come out with shit like this.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: 'Psychic' Derek Acorah claims Maddie is dead

#2  Postby chairman bill » May 15, 2012 9:56 am

He's a fucking disgrace, as is the Sun for giving the shit publicity for his ridiculous, and in this case, sickening claims.

He's a fraud, he's a liar, and should be consigned to the dustbin of TV history.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby mattthomas » May 15, 2012 9:57 am

Whilst the man usually is full of utter shit... I have to agree with him on this one

The search for one little girl made so much media attention all across the globe that anyone who did have her would have been foolish to keep hold of her if they had any interest in self preservation.

Saying that, all "psychics" should have to pass a series of tests to get a license before any claim they make can be published.
mattthomas

Print view this post

#4  Postby Emmeline » May 15, 2012 9:59 am

She probably IS dead so he's just cashing in on that likelihood in order to later claim he was right. He's a disgusting person only interested in self-promotion no matter the emotional cost to others
Emmeline

Print view this post

#5  Postby chairman bill » May 15, 2012 10:03 am

Whilst I hope she surfaces, safe & well, to be reunited with her family, I'll also cheer the fact that this would surely put a nail in Acorah's showbiz coffin.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Wiðercora » May 15, 2012 10:04 am

Derek Acorah, along with others of his ilk, is not fit to be a member of civilised society.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Fallible » May 15, 2012 10:20 am

mattwilson wrote:Whilst the man usually is full of utter shit... I have to agree with him on this one

The search for one little girl made so much media attention all across the globe that anyone who did have her would have been foolish to keep hold of her if they had any interest in self preservation.

Saying that, all "psychics" should have to pass a series of tests to get a license before any claim they make can be published.

Yes, he's probably correct. What I take issue with is his utterly pathetic 'my spirit guide Sam told me this' nonsense. No, he's speculating like the rest of us. That wouldn't get him on the front page of a national newspaper though, would it. I guess I just cannot understand people who will put their prospects of personal gain above absolutely everything else, including others' ridicule and hatred.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Fallible » May 15, 2012 10:22 am

chairman bill wrote:Whilst I hope she surfaces, safe & well, to be reunited with her family, I'll also cheer the fact that this would surely put a nail in Acorah's showbiz coffin.

:this: Yes, and as someone who is not a friend of either The Scum or this scumbag maybe I should have just passed it over. However, utter disbelief at the bloke's crass self-interest just had me wanting to share this.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#9  Postby trubble76 » May 15, 2012 10:26 am

He has taken a punt. It's 50-50 as to whether or not she is still alive, but the third possibility of never finding out is the strongest. The odds are greatly in the favour of the scum that he will not be found out so he has taken a guess. He could have equally calimed to "know" that she is still alive somewhere, but that is not as shocking and therefore not as marketable.
He is seeking to benefit himself at the expense of the McCanns and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself, as should all his fans/supporters.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Pulsar » May 15, 2012 10:29 am

So, can you show us where her body is, Mr Psychic?
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#11  Postby mattthomas » May 15, 2012 10:35 am

Pulsar wrote:So, can you show us where her body is, Mr Psychic?

I hear there's a substantial reward if he can :coffee:
mattthomas

Print view this post

#12  Postby The_Metatron » May 15, 2012 10:56 am

I think Mr, Psychic is indeed scum. Didn't that cunt Sylvia Brown pull some similar shit, and the subject of her psychic-ness turned out to be alive and well?

More importantly, what the fuck is it about the mindless masses that permit such scum to exist? People are fucking stupid.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Spearthrower » May 15, 2012 11:30 am

Odious prick.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#14  Postby Matt_B » May 15, 2012 11:38 am

chairman bill wrote:Whilst I hope she surfaces, safe & well, to be reunited with her family, I'll also cheer the fact that this would surely put a nail in Acorah's showbiz coffin.

Not likely. His fans would probably treat it as some sort of miracle resurrection sooner than recognize him for the charlatan he is.

I find the fact that he had any sort of following at all, even before he was caught red handed faking it on TV, troubling enough.
Matt_B

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15  Postby homan34 » May 15, 2012 11:43 am

Derek Acorah should answer this question.
homan34

Name: homan mark

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Spearthrower » May 15, 2012 12:10 pm

homan34 wrote:

I have to disagree with both of you!

He shouldn't be given a public platform for a moment longer. He can go and buy himself a box, and park himself on Hyde Park Speaker's Corner like all the rest of the people who feel an overwhelming compulsion to share their thoughts with random strangers.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#17  Postby mattthomas » May 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
homan34 wrote:

I have to disagree with both of you!

He shouldn't be given a public platform for a moment longer. He can go and buy himself a box, and park himself on Hyde Park Speaker's Corner like all the rest of the people who feel an overwhelming compulsion to share their thoughts with random strangers.

I think the other 3 corners should be
Singing
Dancing
French mime
mattthomas

Print view this post

#18  Postby Fallible » May 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Sadly, there are plenty of people who will lap this up. When he got caught red handed regurgitating information that he had been meant to overhear and claimed it had been passed to him by his spirit guide, it didn't make a blind bit of difference to his popularity among a certain subsection of the population. Some people are so desperate to believe that they will overlook absolutely incontrovertible facts.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Nostalgia » May 15, 2012 2:36 pm

What a fucking cunt. :nono:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Ironclad » May 15, 2012 4:12 pm

mattwilson wrote:Whilst the man usually is full of utter shit... I have to agree with him on this one

Possibly true. My fear for the little girl is such that it may be preferable to know she is dead; there are places in the world where she may be hidden, until she is too 'grown-up' to be of interest to sick and evil people.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural