Psychic discovers woman's torso

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Psychic discovers woman's torso

#1  Postby Fishflaps » Aug 12, 2010 5:26 am

http://www.theage.com.au/nsw/psychic-searching-for-kiesha-discovers-womans-torso-20100812-120mf.html?autostart=1

A self-professed psychic looking for missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams visited a reserve in Doonside and discovered the torso of a woman.

Police revealed today that the psychic, a local woman whose name was not released, went to Nurragingy Reserve at Knox Road last night because she had a "hunch" that the missing six-year-old girl’s body might be there.

But Chief Inspector Pam Young, of the NSW Homicide Squad, said the psychic, who was joined by another person, had instead come across a torso (missing the head, arms and legs) wrapped in plastic on a creek bank.

"It is very sad to say that an adult female torso has been found where the witnesses said they thought there was a body," she said.

"It’s quite interesting that a woman had a sense or a feeling that it was worth her while to come to this particular part of the park."

..continued..

I'm just waiting for the woo followers to jump on this as evidence for psychic powers. My bet is that around NSW there were probably many of these 'psychic' loonies walking through parks looking for the body so that they could say they 'knew' it was there. One of them manages to stumble across a torso from an unrelated case and bingo. We have 'proof' of psychic powers. The other possibility is that she knew the body was there some other way, wanted to bring it to the police's attention but for fear of incriminating herself claimed that it was her 'psychic ability' that lead her to the body.

I can already hear the idiotic woo believers all exclaiming triumphantly "...so how do you explain THAT!"
Last edited by Fishflaps on Aug 12, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishflaps

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Psychic discovers woman's torso

#2  Postby byofrcs » Aug 12, 2010 5:43 am

Fishflaps wrote:.....

I can already hear the idiotic woo believers all exclaiming triumphantly "...so how do you explain THAT!"

So she went to find a 6 year old girl and instead found a woman torso ? What kind of fail is that for a Psychic ? Get a hunch for a 6 year old and find a 6 year old would be a success - anything else is a fail.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3  Postby chairman bill » Aug 12, 2010 6:11 am

I knew you were all going to be so dismissive.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Mr.Samsa » Aug 12, 2010 6:35 am

Chief Inspector Young said police were still investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery but noted it was a "very interesting proposition" that the woman claimed to have psychic powers.

I really hope that this is just the diplomatic way of saying - "This woman is currently our prime suspect". If not, then the Australian police force saddens me.

"Sir, I think I've caught the killer! He was standing above the dead body with a smoking gun in his hand yelling, "Die, bitch, die!" over and over again."

"Nah, I'm afraid you were mistaken. It turns out he is a psychic investigator who tracked down this freshly murdered body using his dowsing gun. He was channeling his spirit guide when he was yelling and he suggests that we look for a guy who might yell that whilst murdering people. Good work, psychic detective - you've helped us with yet another case!"
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

#5  Postby Kuia » Aug 12, 2010 10:00 am

chairman bill wrote:I knew you were all going to be so dismissive.

And aren't you proud of us?
Kuia

Print view this post

#6  Postby Animavore » Aug 12, 2010 10:05 am

Morons. It sickens me to my stomach when the members of the government and their representatives buy into bullshit. These are the people supposed to be looking after our welfare FFS.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Wuffy » Aug 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Mr.Samsa wrote:
Chief Inspector Young said police were still investigating the circumstances surrounding the discovery but noted it was a "very interesting proposition" that the woman claimed to have psychic powers.

I really hope that this is just the diplomatic way of saying - "This woman is currently our prime suspect". If not, then the Australian police force saddens me.

"Sir, I think I've caught the killer! He was standing above the dead body with a smoking gun in his hand yelling, "Die, bitch, die!" over and over again."

"Nah, I'm afraid you were mistaken. It turns out he is a psychic investigator who tracked down this freshly murdered body using his dowsing gun. He was channeling his spirit guide when he was yelling and he suggests that we look for a guy who might yell that whilst murdering people. Good work, psychic detective - you've helped us with yet another case!"

Actually since he continues on saying "Well it certainly wasn't the body of a little girl."
You can see he's not buying it. "Oh you went into the forest to help us find a young girl and instead found a completly unrelated dead body, well thanks for the help, but uh, you didn't do what you said you would."
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby tnjrp » Aug 12, 2010 12:29 pm

I'm pretty sure somebody on teh Interwebz has already concocted a "theory" where the torso and the missing 6-year-old are connected in some very significant way.
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Aug 12, 2010 12:30 pm

So does this mean everyone who finds a random dead body in the park is suddenly a psychic? The worst part is this stupid psychic women wont admit this was not due to magical powers but just pure luck. In fact i would like to see stats on how many random dead bodies get found each month in Australia, it might shut the "woo" lovers up.
Last edited by Ihavenofingerprints on Aug 12, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#10  Postby DoctorE » Aug 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Wild woo chase
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#11  Postby CookieJon » Aug 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Mr.Samsa wrote:I really hope that this is just the diplomatic way of saying - "This woman is currently our prime suspect". If not, then the Australian police force saddens me.

Well we can't be certain, after all...

SMH wrote:September 1, 2009

The NSW Police Commissioner, Andrew Scipione, who is a committed Christian, accepted the [special police-force branded] Bibles at a ceremony at police headquarters two weeks ago.

Mr Scipione was unavailable for comment yesterday, but recently told a Christian website: ''Every officer who graduates from the academy in Goulburn is offered a Bible and I would like to think an officer who receives one of these special police Bibles will one day sit in my seat.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/the-force-gets-its-own-good-book-to-reckon-with-20090831-f5cs.html
CookieJon
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Millefleur » Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm

tnjrp wrote:I'm pretty sure somebody on teh Interwebz has already concocted a "theory" where the torso and the missing 6-year-old are connected in some very significant way.

I expect along the lines of 'the dead woman was helping us find the little girl/she is looking after the poor girls lost soul'. :yuk:
This post was brought to you by Millefleur's Mature Responses™

Millefleur

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby DoctorE » Aug 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Your average psychic....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh3clLpAIpU[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Aug 12, 2010 12:54 pm

The body has probably been there for days or weeks before the little girl went missing. It was just lucky they were going on a missing persons hunt through a park that had an unrelated dead body in it. Every time they show the police looking for this girl they are going through parks, so how original of the psychic to decide to go searching through one of the few parks the police haven't covered from head to toe yet. This is just wrong on so many levels, can't believe she gets media coverage.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Mr.Samsa » Aug 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Wuffy wrote:
Actually since he continues on saying "Well it certainly wasn't the body of a little girl."
You can see he's not buying it. "Oh you went into the forest to help us find a young girl and instead found a completly unrelated dead body, well thanks for the help, but uh, you didn't do what you said you would."

Whilst the fact that the police haven't explicitly dismissed this as nonsense does concern me slightly, my initial post was more concerning the fact that the police have been given a body by a random member of the public. In any other circumstances, this person should be assumed to be a possible suspect (i.e. murderer), especially when this person has a decent motive for killing this person - e.g. so they can "find" the body and prove that they have psychic abilities.
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby rplatell » Aug 13, 2010 5:59 am

Hey it is the western suburbs, after all. This headline is as unsurprising as "Psychic finds abandoned Coles shopping trolley whilst searching for abandoned Woolworths shopping trolley".
rplatell

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural