Do you know debunked remote viewers?
Transilvanian

Male

Hungary (hu)
Print view this post

Re: Remote viewing

#23  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Do you know any proven remote viewers?
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby BlackBart » Sep 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Transilvanian wrote:Do you know debunked remote viewers?

Pointless question. I could claim that could run the 100 metres in under 10 seconds. When I failed miserably you couldn't infer that doing it was or was not possible.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby laklak » Sep 03, 2013 8:29 pm

If remote viewing works then the NSA has wasted one fuck of a lot of money on PRISM.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Onyx8 » Sep 03, 2013 8:31 pm

It only works when you're not looking…

SWIDT?
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#27  Postby campermon » Sep 03, 2013 8:31 pm

laklak wrote:If remote viewing works then the NSA has wasted one fuck of a lot of money on PRISM.

[Remote viewing]I can see you drinking a beer[/Remote viewing]
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Sovereign » Sep 04, 2013 3:14 am

I was under the impression there are several standing challenges by Randi, Penn and Teller, and other illusionists with regards to remote viewing. Chris Angel got really heated with Uri Gellar and challenged him to read the letter in his jacket on live TV. That was fun. So far, not one psychic has beaten any challenge out there. Going through the psychic websites to see what their thoughts were revealed that these illusionists (Randi, Pen & Teller, et al) themselves were powerful psychics using their powers to block any remote viewing attempt in a ploy to discredit any psychic ability and cash in on it for themselves... ya...
Sovereign

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Transilvanian » Sep 04, 2013 7:16 pm

"According to James Randi, controlled tests by several other researchers, eliminating several sources of cuing and extraneous evidence present in the original tests, produced negative results. "

Can anybody give me a list of them?
Transilvanian

Male

Hungary (hu)
Print view this post

#30  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 04, 2013 8:16 pm

Never underestimate the power of wishful thinking. It can cause threads to never die.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Goldenmane » Sep 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Transilvanian wrote:"According to James Randi, controlled tests by several other researchers, eliminating several sources of cuing and extraneous evidence present in the original tests, produced negative results. "

Why not ask Randi?
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

#32  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Goldenmane wrote:
Transilvanian wrote:"According to James Randi, controlled tests by several other researchers, eliminating several sources of cuing and extraneous evidence present in the original tests, produced negative results. "

Why not ask Randi?

I think the premise is, if we cant provide a list, then remote viewing is valid and real. Asking Randi or doing the research himself would defeat the purpose.
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#33  Postby BlackBart » Sep 04, 2013 10:39 pm

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Goldenmane wrote:

Why not ask Randi?

I think the premise is, if we cant provide a list, then remote viewing is valid and real. Asking Randi or doing the research himself would defeat the purpose.

In that case can anyone provide a list of all the times I've failed to win the lottery? :P
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Transilvanian » Sep 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Is that true that the results of the researches conducted by SAIC and SRI (including the Stargate project) were judged by a jury and it was not used a blinded mothod like in the Ganzfeld??

Anobody knows something about the SRI and SAIC experiments, and their results? I can`t find anithing about them. And the Stargate project results?
Transilvanian

Male

Hungary (hu)
Print view this post

#35  Postby MrFungus420 » Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Transilvanian wrote:Do you know debunked remote viewers?

Every one that has ever been tested.
Atheism alone is no more a religion than health is a disease. One may as well argue over which brand of car pedestrians drive.
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Transilvanian » Oct 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Were the NRC's findings on remote viewing and StarGate project “predominantly negative”?
http://www.lfr.org/lfr/csl/library/airreport.pdf

Although the findings of the National Research Council (NRC) were predominantly negative with regard to a range of paranormal phenomena, work on remote viewing has continued under the auspices of various government programs.

and

The NRC provided a thorough review of the unclassified remote viewing research through 1986. In this review (summarized in Swets & Bjork, 1990), the nature of the research methods led the reviewers to question whether there was indeed any effect that could clearly be attributed to the operation of paranormal phenomena.

Is this statement, about the findings of the NRC, true? Where are their findings reported?

Please don't simply answer, "Yes we have reliable witnesses who report that their findings were negative": because I want to know/evaluate/understand for myself some of the details of their findings.

What was concretely critised? Weren`t the findings significant, positive?
Transilvanian

Male

Hungary (hu)
Print view this post

#37  Postby BlackBart » Oct 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Transilvanian wrote:
Please don't simply answer, "Yes we have reliable witnesses who report that their findings were negative": because I want to know/evaluate/understand for myself some of the details of their findings.

Here you go; for the bargain price of $195 - that's right! only $195 - you can buy all of Project Stargate's documentation on 7 CDs for you to peruse in the comfort of your own home.

Order now and they'll include seven magnificent plastic storage cases.

http://www.stargate-interactive.com/buy.html

Another product from J.F.G.I enterprises.
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Boyle » Oct 02, 2013 12:59 am

laklak wrote:If remote viewing works then the NSA has wasted one fuck of a lot of money on PRISM.

And the UK on security cameras.
Boyle

United States (us)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Transilvanian » Dec 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Hy guys! I`m back! :P
Do you know some tests made by skeptics where the famous RVers have failed? Joe McMoneagle, Ingo Swann, etc.?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_vie ... rticipants
Transilvanian

Male

Hungary (hu)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Transilvanian » Dec 30, 2013 6:34 pm

Is that really true, that Joe McMoneagle claimed that "humans came from creatures somewhat like sea otters rather than primates and were created in a laboratory by creators who "seeded" the earth and then departed"? Is this really true? Can you say other stupid things said by them?
Transilvanian

Male

Hungary (hu)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural