Should I Step In?

FB Medium talking to my relative

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Should I Step In?

#1  Postby Matt1113 » Feb 13, 2011 12:00 pm

I hope this is in the right subforum, please let me know if its not.

Not long ago my uncle's girlfriend's father died, she was obviously incredibly upset by this. She wrote a little farewell facebook status to him and there were the ususal sympathisers giving their condolences. But after a while I saw a man claiming that her father missed her, to which she asked 'Did you know my dad?". He says "No, I'm a medium and he really misses you and wants you to know he loves you."

Now I mean this in the nicest way but my uncle's girlfriend is an idiot. She believes in mediums, she reads her horoscope she doesn't walk under ladders and all that shite. So I'm wondering whether its right for me to step in and say "Sam this guy is not a medium, he has not spoken to your father, delete him for being a lying sack of shit." Or should I just let it go, she seemed very pleased and got some kind of closure from the whole thing. The FB medium is not asking for any money or anything, so I assume he's either having some kind of sick joke or he's an attention seeker.
Ignorance is bliss and all that so maybe its best if I let it go, what do you guys reckon?
Matt1113

Name: Matt
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Should I Step In?

#2  Postby NineOneFour » Feb 13, 2011 12:12 pm

I doubt you can get through. She doesn't operate in a rational universe.

I hate these people (mediums) with a passion, though.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Matt1113 » Feb 13, 2011 12:48 pm

Me too which is why I really wanted to say something. I'm considering sending him an inbox message and telling him to stop it, though I doubt he will.
Matt1113

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Onyx8 » Feb 13, 2011 10:05 pm

If it was just the one contact I would let it go, however if he continues in any fashion I would call him out on it.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Matt1113 » Feb 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks guys, he appears to have gone away so I'll just leave it. I don't understand how this person has the audacity to claim to be a medium over facebook? :scratch:
Matt1113

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby NineOneFour » Feb 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Matt1113 wrote:Thanks guys, he appears to have gone away so I'll just leave it. I don't understand how this person has the audacity to claim to be a medium over facebook? :scratch:

I wouldn't put that past any so-called mediums I've met, including my father.

They are really without shame.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Bribase » Feb 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Regardless of the woo-woo claims, it's the height of insensitivity to make pronouncements about someone who is recently deceased that you never knew.

The paranormal nonsense just compounds it.
Bribase

Male

Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural