Supposed Ghost Caught on Security cam in Britain

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Supposed Ghost Caught on Security cam in Britain

#1  Postby jess22 » Feb 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Staff at one of Britain's oldest pubs, rumoured to be haunted by an aristocrat executed during the Civil War, believe they have caught a ghost on CCTV.

The footage, which appears to show a shadowy figure flickering into view by the bar, was filmed at Ye Olde Man and Scythe in Bolton on Valentine's Day.

Tony Dooley, the pub's manager, spotted the spectre when he checked the cameras on Friday morning and found they had stopped recording at 6.18am.

"I came down and saw a glass smashed on the floor so I was instantly suspicious and went to check the CCTV and found it has stopped working," he said.

"We checked the footage and it revealed this figure. To be honest I was a bit concerned - I'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to ghosts but you become more of a believer when you see things like that."

Video and news story
jess22

Print view this post

Re: Supposed Ghost Caught on Security cam in Britain

#2  Postby Animavore » Feb 22, 2014 7:42 pm

As convincing as a toad with a traffic cone on his head trying to pass as Gandalf.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#3  Postby campermon » Feb 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Good advertising strategy.

:beer:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Skinny Puppy » Mar 31, 2014 6:00 pm

campermon wrote:Good advertising strategy.

:beer:

Indeed it is!

A short story...
I fly online and one day we were flying over Scotland. One of the guys was from Glasgow so I asked him if he’d fly me over where the Loch Ness monster lives. At first he said: “What!” Then I explained I was just curious about it and wanted to see what the area looked like.

So over the monster’s home we flew and I asked him if anyone really believed that shite? He replied that almost nobody did, but for the sake of the tourist dollars... they most certainly did!
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural