telepathy

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: telepathy

#21  Postby Ayhan Coskun » Aug 19, 2016 1:03 am

you can just sense what a person is thinking, in which case your just reading body language and guessing, but to actually be convinced you can read thoughts and actually hear thought,,,,i don't know I'm confused....I guess people kind of have me going and making me wondering maybe people can hear my thoughts or something now I don't know.....
Ayhan Coskun

Name: Ayhan Coskun

Print view this post

#22  Postby laklak » Aug 19, 2016 1:59 am

Nobody can hear your thoughts.

Better?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#23  Postby pelfdaddy » Aug 19, 2016 8:03 pm

If the stupid shit people think is anything like the stupid shit people say, then I am disinterested in hearing any of most people's thoughts.

And really, we all have just enough healthy narcissism that we prefer to imagine others in complete awe of our coolness, attractiveness and smarts, rather than to know the cold hard truth.
pelfdaddy

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Ayhan Coskun » Aug 19, 2016 8:44 pm

true words....
Ayhan Coskun

Name: Ayhan Coskun

Print view this post

#25  Postby monkeyboy » Aug 20, 2016 2:28 am

pelfdaddy wrote:If the stupid shit people think is anything like the stupid shit people say, then I am disinterested in hearing any of most people's thoughts.

And really, we all have just enough healthy narcissism that we prefer to imagine others in complete awe of our coolness, attractiveness and smarts, rather than to know the cold hard truth.

Imagine though. The stupid shit that people say is what they thought was worth promoting from thought to speech. Just imagine if you could hear/receive somehow the thoughts that weren't considered worthy.

Or if someone could access the thoughts you have about others you choose to keep to yourself. I'm sure most people I come into contact with would never speak to me again if they could access thoughts which hadn't been severely vetted and censored before they left my mouth. And that's just the deliberate thoughts. There's all those automatic thoughts about things like breasts for example. "wow, look at those, fine, pert, Oh my, hubba hubba, Oh jeez she's a kid, stop it you perv, Yeh but m only looking, and she's still a child, bummer, back to scanning around then, glad she's not my daughter....."
And do most people some sort of song bouncing around in their heads? I've got "you better you bet" by the Who today but there's many a time where it's something truly atrocious. Now go to somewhere busy and multiply all those thoughts by the number of people. That would be a very short trip to insanity if you could hear all those thoughts.

Thankfully, we can't do that.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#26  Postby lpetrich » Apr 06, 2017 3:12 am

Ayhan Coskun wrote:you can just sense what a person is thinking, in which case your just reading body language and guessing, ...

A human version of the Clever Hans effect. Around 1900 in Berlin, there was a horse that got called Clever Hans because he seemed very knowledgable. But that horse was knowledgable only when he could see his questioners, and a psychologist concluded that he was reading the body language of his questioners. That psychologist then demonstrated that he also could read such body language.

Some poker players try to avoid giving away hints about their cards by giving themselves a "poker face", an expressionless face. Thus trying to keep other players from being like Clever Hans to them.

I remember someone who claimed to have worked for the Psychic Friends network for a while. I asked him to find out the name of my computer's hard disk by reading my mind. He claimed to have gotten information on me by doing that, but it was all information that he could find online.

There is an interesting conundrum that telepathy presents: loss of mental privacy. It would be hard to hide one's thoughts and feelings from someone who can read minds.
lpetrich

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby zulumoose » Apr 06, 2017 11:58 am

Body language can convey a lot. When I was a student I had a weekend job as a doorman at a tourist attraction, clipping tickets and telling people where to go, I was often put in the position of being asked to keep tickets for so-and-so who was parking the car and watch out for him. It got to the point where I could identify someone put in this position (even in a crowd)from about 100m away, and often surprised them by calling out their name as soon as they were within earshot.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Manticore » Apr 06, 2017 4:32 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Doubtdispelled wrote:
Ayhan Coskun wrote:live by the secret the law of attraction.

Wut??

The law of attraction allows us to stop feeling sorry for those starving children in Africa. Because if you understand the law of attraction, you understand that the Universe wants to give you what you wish for. Those starving children in Africa obviously want to starve. Otherwise, how would the law of attraction make any sense?

Sounds like something the Trump creature might say.
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

#29  Postby aban57 » Apr 07, 2017 11:09 am

Animavore wrote:Orson Welles explains this well.

So does Leverage :

aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural