Terrified woman battles to clear house of ghosts

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Terrified woman battles to clear house of ghosts

#1  Postby DoctorE » Feb 03, 2012 2:24 pm

A SCOTTISH minister has been called in to perform two exorcism ceremonies at a haunted house.

The Reverend Keith Mack performed the special blessings at the home in Dalkeith, Midlothian, after Vicky Dann and her family continued to see “ghostly figures”.

The Rev Mack, Church of Scotland Minister at St Johns and Kings Park Church, carried out the first exorcism a fortnight ago but was called in again after the ghostly goings-on appeared to get worse.

He performed a second ceremony today, moving from room to room and saying a prayer in each one in a bid to cast out the spirits.

Rev Mack said: “Sometimes this kind of thing comes up and we have blessed a few houses, and it seems to have done the trick.

“However, it doesn’t seem to have worked fully here, it seems to have got worse.

“I will speak to a few other ministers and see what they would do.”

Miss Dann, 40, called the Reverend for help after being left petrified of the family home she shares with her two daughters Jenna, 18 and Emma, 11.

She started noticing the spooky goings on around two years ago and claims to have photographic evidence of orbs and other ghosts.

Terrifying

She also says her daughters regularly see ghosts in the two-bedroomed, detached property.

She said: “Emma swears that she sees a man with boots on, in a black suit and a cap coming through our door and disappearing down the hall.

Be sure to check out the pic :lol: http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/01/2 ... of-ghosts/
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: Terrified woman battles to clear house of ghosts

#2  Postby Tbickle » Feb 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Wait...meaningless rituals that invoke the supernatural power of a non-existent deity have no power over the apparent apparitions of beings that have never been actually demonstrated to exist!? Shocking.
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
-Thomas Paine
Tbickle

Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Print view this post

#3  Postby twistor59 » Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm

I wonder what the correlation between ghost photos and the advent of Photoshop is ?
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Paul G » Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Whatever.
Paul G

Name: Beef Joint
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#5  Postby paceetrate » Feb 06, 2012 7:13 am

twistor59 wrote:I wonder what the correlation between ghost photos and the advent of Photoshop is ?

You don't need photoshop for ghost photos, most of them are either pareidolia, camera quirks, or just really bad photography skills. The top photo is an obvious double exposure, but I get the feeling the editors made that one. The bottom ones are: shaky hands, pareidolia, a flash reflection, and pareidolia again, respectively.

Fuck the preacher, get this woman a psychologist and a coupon for a local photography class.
paceetrate

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Ironclad » Feb 06, 2012 8:25 am

LMAO!

Idiots. All of them.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#7  Postby twistor59 » Feb 06, 2012 8:48 am

paceetrate wrote:
twistor59 wrote:I wonder what the correlation between ghost photos and the advent of Photoshop is ?

You don't need photoshop for ghost photos, most of them are either pareidolia, camera quirks, or just really bad photography skills. The top photo is an obvious double exposure, but I get the feeling the editors made that one. The bottom ones are: shaky hands, pareidolia, a flash reflection, and pareidolia again, respectively.

Mmm, maybe, but this
Ghostie.jpg
Ghostie.jpg (16.45 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
just looked a bit 'shopped to me
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Feb 06, 2012 3:28 pm

If any of these houses actually had ghosts in them, they'd become worldwide tourist attractions.

The day I find a ghost in my house I will have a fucking party, I'd soon be a millionaire.

(and this is not to suggest that ghost tours in real life actually have ghosts on display, the reason you'd be rich is because it would be the only haunted house in the world to actually consistently produce ghosts)

edit: come to think of it, I might start a thread on this.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#9  Postby FreshwaterSeaCowHero » Feb 06, 2012 3:40 pm

"Ghostly figures". Boo! Ghosts!
I'm getting my turtleneck. I'm not defusing a bomb in this! - Sterling Archer
FreshwaterSeaCowHero

Name: Cameron
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Scot Dutchy » Feb 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Ihavenofingerprints wrote:If any of these houses actually had ghosts in them, they'd become worldwide tourist attractions.

The day I find a ghost in my house I will have a fucking party, I'd soon be a millionaire.

(and this is not to suggest that ghost tours in real life actually have ghosts on display, the reason you'd be rich is because it would be the only haunted house in the world to actually consistently produce ghosts)

Should not call them ghosts but the faces of jeebus and his sidekicks. Wingnuts would queuing in minutes. :lol:

Well the people of Knock in Ireland have not look back since some kids saw the face of Mary on the side of a barn.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural