The Bob White Artifact (redux?)

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

The Bob White Artifact (redux?)

#1  Postby tnjrp » Apr 22, 2010 6:59 am

Ok, I think we must've had some talk of the so-called Bob White Artifact reportedly fallen from a flying craft (of presumably extraterrestial origin) back in the RDF golden days of yore:

However when it was again brought to my attention on another forum (under the title "Seriously Guys. What Is THIS?" no less) I found out that the History Channel's UFO Hunters show had brought in "physicist Chris Ellis, expert in solid state physics, aluminum alloys, and superconductors" and "research scientist David Lamb, expert in physics and material science", both of whom "work at a major US university" to analyze the late Mr. White's mysterious artifact.

Here's the blurb that they reportedly released:
Test result showed the object is an alloy of unknown origin. It is also [Ellis'] expert opinion that this is a manufactured alloy. [Lamb's] findings were achieved using X-Ray Diffraction Analysis: The artifact showed an unique “amorphous peak and is a polycrystalline semiconductor”. To his knowledge this type of material is not found anywhere on Earth. Also there is silver concentration of 4.3%, here on Earth silver is used in this form by experimental scientist as a catalyst for a superconductor. It is sprayed over aluminum. He stated that this could be used on a craft as a way to dispel magnetic fields, especially in space as there is no energy expenditure needed for superconductivity. Lamb has further speculated that this artifact is in fact a “quasi-crystal of complex structure.” This is only in its early stages on Earth in the form of nanotechnology

Here's two relevant links for more info, including Mr. White's backstory and his somewhat, let's say sardonic, "confession" on the subject:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread461414/pg1
http://ufoevidence.conforums.com/index. ... 1057372945

So. What's our (new) take on this then? Is it the smoking gun and if it is, what does it smoke?
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: The Bob White Artifact (redux?)

#2  Postby Darkchilde » Apr 22, 2010 8:10 am

There was something on the old RDF forum about this. That it had been subjected to scientific analysis and it was found that its constituents are not aliens but some earthly or other known process.
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby tnjrp » Apr 22, 2010 8:18 am

Yes, that's how I remember it tho it may have been buried in some Galaxian/The 5th Ape thread.

However I was really wondering if anyone's seen the said UFO Hunters episode or otherwise knows more about these supposed new (well, to me) findings.
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Darkchilde » Apr 22, 2010 8:23 am

i tried to search for those posts on RDF and through Google but couldn't find anything.
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural