Tomorrow, the aliens will come!

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The aliens have arrived!

#61  Postby DanDare » Oct 14, 2010 10:49 am

rEvolutionist wrote:They're stayin' at my place. We're having a barby tonight. Did you get your invite?

Did they show you their neat book, "to serve mankind?". Should help with the barby.
Atheist. Ozzie.
Strange Flight
DanDare
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Tomorrow, the aliens will come!

#62  Postby DoctorE » Oct 14, 2010 12:29 pm

So, no aliens.. I'm shocked
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#63  Postby John P. M. » Oct 14, 2010 12:51 pm

-They came, they saw, they ... went somewhere else. :dunno:
John P. M.
RS Donator

Male

Norway (no)
Print view this post

#64  Postby DanDare » Oct 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Actually, due to a terrible error in scale, the entire battle fleet was swallowed by a small dog.
Atheist. Ozzie.
Strange Flight
DanDare
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Darkchilde » Oct 14, 2010 2:25 pm

I remember this short story, about aliens coming down to find the most intelligent life form on Earth, so that this life form joins the Intergalactic alliance or something similar. After asking various animals, and I think they also asked humans, they decided that the most intelligent life form are dolphins, and the dolphins were the ones that became part of the alliance.
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#66  Postby Mr P » Oct 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Darkchilde wrote:I remember this short story, about aliens coming down to find the most intelligent life form on Earth, so that this life form joins the Intergalactic alliance or something similar. After asking various animals, and I think they also asked humans, they decided that the most intelligent life form are dolphins, and the dolphins were the ones that became part of the alliance.

Or they could just ask why all these blobs of flesh are stomping all over the dominant bacteria.
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine and I can know much more!
Brother Cavil, BSG
Mr P

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#67  Postby John P. M. » Oct 14, 2010 4:15 pm

It seems the reaction in the UFO nutcase society is to go: "....but hey!! LOOK OVER THERE!".

An entire city has disappeared(!) in China, apparently. I Googled it, but could only come up with kooky UFO sites, from what I can tell (surprise): http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=no&source=h ... 8ea908f4f8
No idea where the story originated.
John P. M.
RS Donator

Male

Norway (no)
Print view this post

#68  Postby rEvolutionist » Oct 15, 2010 12:10 am

Darkchilde wrote:I remember this short story, about aliens coming down to find the most intelligent life form on Earth, so that this life form joins the Intergalactic alliance or something similar. After asking various animals, and I think they also asked humans, they decided that the most intelligent life form are dolphins, and the dolphins were the ones that became part of the alliance.

Wasn't that a star trek movie, but with whales instead of dolphins?
God is a carrot.
Carrots exist.
Therefore God exists (and is a carrot).
rEvolutionist
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#69  Postby HughMcB » Oct 15, 2010 12:15 am

"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#70  Postby tnjrp » Oct 15, 2010 5:43 am

John P. M. wrote:An entire city has disappeared(!) in China, apparently [...] No idea where the story originated.
Aside of sheer imagination, one might suspect the yarn's based on some city that actually "vanished" in China. They've emptied and levelled many over the years AFAIK, tho of course not overnight and it's usually the goverment that's doing the emptying instead of ass-raping lizards of Zeta Reticuli.

As a very skeptical aside (sorry ass-raping lizards -- do what you will to me but don't eat my dogs' anuses!), one exceedingly mildly wonders if Mr. Fulham was aware of the NYC/Madrid friendship day balloon launch on the 13th. Has such an event happened before and sparked off UFO sightings, for example?
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

ET is coming

#71  Postby UndercoverElephant » Nov 28, 2010 10:29 am

http://www.exopolitics.org/Exo-Comment-89.htm

October 15, 2010. Michael E. Salla, Ph.D.

UFO photographed in New York on October 13. Photo: Jason Diamond Barcroft.

On October 13, several dozen UFOs were sighted over New York City. The sightings began around midday and lasted until early evening. They were sighted by hundreds, and filmed by witnesses and television crews. Multiple videos of the UFOs have been broadcast. There was no official comment from government authorities over the source of the UFOs that maintained a steady position for hours on end. The FAA said nothing showed up on radar and it had no advance reports of balloons being launched in the area. The October 13 sighting would be like so many other unexplained UFO sightings over major cities, except for one notable exception. Stanley A. Fulham, a retired NORAD officer, actually predicted October 13 as the date that extraterrestrial visitors would appear as the initial step in a process to educate the world public that we are not alone. Astonishingly, his prediction was validated by the mass UFO sighting in New York, as well as in other major cities. Could the New York UFO sighting on October 13 be the first step in extraterrestrials indisputably revealing themselves to the world public as Fulham claims?
UndercoverElephant

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: ET is coming

#72  Postby chairman bill » Nov 28, 2010 10:32 am

28th of November, and this is the first I've heard of this. Those pesky space-aliens seem as inscrutable as God.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#73  Postby michael^3 » Nov 28, 2010 10:45 am

There was already a thread about this. OP was october 12...

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/paran ... 13922.html
Happy the man who delights in God's law and meditates on it day and night.
michael^3

Print view this post

#74  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Nov 28, 2010 10:47 am

Dam, they are only UFO's. Once someone identifies what they were let us know ;)
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#75  Postby UndercoverElephant » Nov 28, 2010 10:52 am

deleted - wrong thread
UndercoverElephant

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#76  Postby UndercoverElephant » Nov 28, 2010 10:53 am

michael^3 wrote:There was already a thread about this. OP was october 12...

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/paran ... 13922.html

Ah, sorry. One of our kooks at http://www.powerswitch.org.uk/forum/vie ... hp?t=16789 posted this yesterday, claiming that the ETs were coming in order to help us solve the financial crisis.
UndercoverElephant

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#77  Postby tnjrp » Nov 29, 2010 7:30 am

By all means let them come then... :coffee:

In fact, somedays I'm so fed up about all these promises and excuses I'd almost welcome a full-blown out-in-the-open warmachines-striding-accross-the-fields type freaking invasion so that there'd finally be compelling evidence to back the ET hypothesis up.
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural