Tomorrow, the aliens will come!

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Tomorrow, the aliens will come!

#1  Postby tnjrp » Oct 12, 2010 6:56 am

Forget about that silly Rapture BS, dig out the :tinfoil: and brace yourself for some anal probing! The Visitors... erm, excuse me, real space aliens in they wonderful flying saucers will come tomorrow! zOMG!

It must be true 'cuz a retired NORAD officer Stanley Fulham sayz so:
http://sites.google.com/site/challengesofchange/
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Tomorrow, the aliens will come!

#2  Postby Areopagitican » Oct 12, 2010 7:01 am

Hmm, of course, Global Warming and Extraterrestrials; it's all so clear now.
Areopagitican

Name: Max
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby BlackBart » Oct 12, 2010 7:27 am

Ah. The Pleiadeans - old mates of Billy Meier. Well one of two things are going to happen tomorrow - we're all going to be amazed by a display of UFOs or poor old Stanley is going to look a complete twat. Place your bets please.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby tnjrp » Oct 12, 2010 7:42 am

Ole Stan of course has an escape clause handy... No points for guessing that it involves the term "free will" :mrgreen:

He does promise they will be here ere the year's end tho.
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#5  Postby twistor59 » Oct 12, 2010 8:28 am

A falsifiable prediction. What's everybody complaining about ?

:dance:
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby chairman bill » Oct 12, 2010 8:34 am

'Twould be great if they arrived & declared themselves 'Missionaries for Beelzebub'. Then waited a bit and said, "Nah, just joking. We're Wiccans."
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby BlackBart » Oct 12, 2010 9:12 am

tnjrp wrote:Ole Stan of course has an escape clause handy... No points for guessing that it involves the term "free will" :mrgreen:

He does promise they will be here ere the year's end tho.

:lol:

Freewill or not, poor old Stan has got a one way ticket to Twatsville!
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby klazmon » Oct 12, 2010 10:12 am

The Pleiades are only of the order of a hundred million years old. Any planetary systems would still be forming. Probably not enough time for any form of life to develop, let alone an advanced civilisation.
klazmon

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Darkchilde » Oct 12, 2010 10:26 am

klazmon wrote:The Pleiades are only of the order of a hundred million years old. Any planetary systems would still be forming. Probably not enough time for any form of life to develop, let alone an advanced civilisation.

Well, there are the EL from Sirius. They were the originators of the Ancient Greeks. Maybe ol' Stan has confused the two?

PS. Seriously, there are those here in Greece who believe all the BS about the El from Sirius and all that trash.
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby DoctorE » Oct 12, 2010 10:28 am

Not if the rapture comes first.!
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#11  Postby tnjrp » Oct 12, 2010 10:36 am

Jesus better hurry up then, if He leaves da Raptor for tomorrow the faithfull will have to dodge the mothership on their way to Heaven.
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#12  Postby klazmon » Oct 12, 2010 10:55 am

Darkchilde wrote:
klazmon wrote:The Pleiades are only of the order of a hundred million years old. Any planetary systems would still be forming. Probably not enough time for any form of life to develop, let alone an advanced civilisation.

Well, there are the EL from Sirius. They were the originators of the Ancient Greeks. Maybe ol' Stan has confused the two?

PS. Seriously, there are those here in Greece who believe all the BS about the El from Sirius and all that trash.

Still a problem. Sirius A is an A1V star, at most around 250 million years old. Any stars of spectral type O, B or A are going to be non starters as the home solar systems of advanced life forms. Even if any life had formed in a planet orbiting Sirius A it would have been well and truly cooked at the time Sirius B went through its' red giant phase. The two orbit each other at roughly the same distance as between our Sun and the planet Uranus.
klazmon

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#13  Postby tnjrp » Oct 12, 2010 10:56 am

Why would they have to live on a planet? :shifty:
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Darkchilde » Oct 12, 2010 10:59 am

klazmon wrote:
Darkchilde wrote:

Still a problem. Sirius A is an A1V star, at most around 250 million years old. Any stars of spectral type O, B or A are going to be non starters as the home solar systems of advanced life forms. Even if any life had formed in a planet orbiting Sirius A it would have been well and truly cooked at the time Sirius B went through its' red giant phase. The two orbit each other at roughly the same distance as between our Sun and the planet Uranus.

Klazmon, I am aware of the above. I was making a joke based on some alien conspiracy theories that have a greek origin...
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby klazmon » Oct 12, 2010 11:23 am

Darkchilde wrote:
klazmon wrote:
Darkchilde wrote:

Klazmon, I am aware of the above. I was making a joke based on some alien conspiracy theories that have a greek origin...

:thumbup: . I did realise that but this is a debunking section after all so I get to pretend to be serious right? :mrgreen:
klazmon

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby tnjrp » Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am

Oi you! Answer my question then, it was seriush!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Darkchilde » Oct 12, 2010 11:26 am

klazmon wrote:
Darkchilde wrote:
klazmon wrote:

:thumbup: . I did realise that but this is a debunking section after all so I get to pretend to be serious right? :mrgreen:

I should be the serious one, being green and all. :lol: :grin: :mrgreen:
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#18  Postby klazmon » Oct 12, 2010 11:29 am

tnjrp wrote:Why would they have to live on a planet? :shifty:

A life form that evolved in the vacuum perhaps. I recall that William Herschel believed that beings probably lived on all the worlds, even the Sun and the stars. The alternative being the question of why would god have created so much wasted real estate!
klazmon

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#19  Postby twistor59 » Oct 12, 2010 11:34 am

klazmon wrote:
Darkchilde wrote:

Still a problem. Sirius A is an A1V star, at most around 250 million years old. Any stars of spectral type O, B or A are going to be non starters as the home solar systems of advanced life forms.

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#20  Postby klazmon » Oct 12, 2010 11:39 am