Two bottled ghosts for sale

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Two bottled ghosts for sale

#21  Postby thaesofereode » Mar 06, 2010 5:02 am

For a whole bunch of completely rational reasons, I would NOT recommend drinking them.
thaesofereode

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby NateHevens » Mar 06, 2010 6:39 am

thaesofereode wrote:For a whole bunch of completely rational reasons, I would NOT recommend drinking them.

What's wrong with blue water?

:ask: :whine:
Fuck off. I'm not interested.

Unless you're a hot chick or you have copious amounts of weed you want to share for free...

Then we can be friends...

:mrgreen:
NateHevens

Name: Nathan Hevenstone
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby thaesofereode » Mar 06, 2010 2:25 pm

NateHevens wrote:
thaesofereode wrote:For a whole bunch of completely rational reasons, I would NOT recommend drinking them.

Well, it's not just the fact that it's blue, and appears to be water. There is no way to know (without analyzing the liquid from EACH vial) what else might be in there, dissolved in the "water," or living in it. Granted, it'd likely be somewhat cloudy rather than clear if there were microbes in it, but the bottom line is that you do not know what's been put in there, and even a "sniff test" may not be diagnostic of the contents. Ingesting it would not be a good idea.
thaesofereode

Print view this post

#24  Postby NateHevens » Mar 06, 2010 7:12 pm

thaesofereode wrote:
NateHevens wrote:

Well, it's not just the fact that it's blue, and appears to be water. There is no way to know (without analyzing the liquid from EACH vial) what else might be in there, dissolved in the "water," or living in it. Granted, it'd likely be somewhat cloudy rather than clear if there were microbes in it, but the bottom line is that you do not know what's been put in there, and even a "sniff test" may not be diagnostic of the contents. Ingesting it would not be a good idea.

But... but... if it looks like blue water, then it must be blue water, right? I mean... I mean... what if I'm thirsty and that's all there is?

(please note... I'm purposely being a douche because this topic doesn't deserve seriousness, IMO... :mrgreen: :P )

Unless you're a hot chick or you have copious amounts of weed you want to share for free...

NateHevens

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#25  Postby thaesofereode » Mar 07, 2010 4:01 pm

NateHevens wrote:
thaesofereode wrote:
NateHevens wrote:

But... but... if it looks like blue water, then it must be blue water, right? I mean... I mean... what if I'm thirsty and that's all there is?

(please note... I'm purposely being a douche because this topic doesn't deserve seriousness, IMO... :mrgreen: :P )

Oh, very well then . . . lost in a desert . . . and faced with a choice between the who-knows-what water-like mystery substance with the ghosts in there --- and death. Then I'd say, "Quaff on, my lad, but don't say I didn't warn ya!"
thaesofereode

Print view this post

#26  Postby thaesofereode » Mar 07, 2010 4:24 pm

. . . for hours he'd sat in the meager patch of shade, watching the two tiny vials taunt him from within their cushioned box. Finally, his eyes two bullets of grit in his head, his mouth so parched he could no longer move his tongue, and with the last rays of the brutal sun disappearing over the horizon, he reached for the first vial. His fingers shook so hard he could hardly close his hand around it, only to discover that the cork was so tightly seated he might never get it open. Briefly, the feverish thought arose to simply break the bottle, but knowing that would cause some of the precious liquid to be spilled and lost into the sand forever, he mustered the strength to try one more time. "Lost in the sand," he thought, "like me." And with that, the cork was loose, and he raised the vial to his mouth and drank.

. . . To Be Continued . . .

[edits: a touch here and there; corrected typos.]
Last edited by thaesofereode on Mar 07, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
thaesofereode

Print view this post

#27  Postby NateHevens » Mar 07, 2010 6:15 pm

thaesofereode wrote:. . . for hours he'd sat in the meager patch of shade, watching the two tiny vials taunt him from within their cushioned box. Finally, his eyes two bullets of sand in his head, his mouth so parched he could no longer move his tongue, and with the last rays of the brutal sun disappearing over the horizon, he reached for the first vial. His fingers shook so hard he could hardly close his hand around it, only to discover that the cap was so tightly seated he might never get it open Briefly, the feverish though arose to simply break the bottle, but knowing that would cause some of the precious liquid to be spilled and lost into the sand forever, he mustered the strength to try one more time. "Lost in the sand," he thought, "like me." And with that, the cap was loose, and he raised the vial to his mouth and drank.

Ooh! Continue...

:clap:

NateHevens

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby thaesofereode » Mar 07, 2010 9:15 pm

At first: nothing.

He raised the vial again from where his arm had dropped to his side. He had to make certain he'd actually emptied the bottle's contents into his mouth instead of spilling it over himself in his sunken, waterless state.

Suddenly an unimaginable heat rose from the very pit and root of his stomach. "What, HEAT?" he thought. The irony of it nearly overcame him, and he laughed aloud, then stopped short, his mouth contorted in mirth as the same heat took a wrenching turn to cold. So cold, he thought he'd freeze to the very sand where he lay. And he shivered as the last light of the day was gone.

A voice then came into his mind. Or was it from the air? Or out of the sand? Or from his own lost subconscious?

"Take the other," it said.

Uncertain and reckless, he grabbed the second vial, and in haste --- not allowing himself to think or second guess --- as if in thrall to the voice, he opened it and drank.

thaesofereode

Print view this post

Captured Ghosts for Sale

#29  Postby Seventh Child » Mar 08, 2010 9:04 am

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-colle ... 074040.htm

Captured ghosts from our house

Captured by an exorsist from a spiritualist church

one spirit we believe is a man by the name of Les Graham, managed to track down a photo. He died in the house in the 1920's.
Exorsist believes this spirit likes to make himself known and spook people. but he is not a very strong spirit.

The other spirit came from when me and my partner stupidly did an Oujia Board. We believe it is a little girl who likes to move things and turn things on and off. Exorsist says she is VERY strong and if left will get stronger.

We have had no activity since they were bottled on July 15th 2009 . So i believe they are in the bottles.

They are bottled with holy water as aparantly the water dulls the spirits energy, sort of puts them to sleep.

To revive the spirit, i have been told that you pour into a little dish and let it evaporate into your house.

I just want to get rid of them as they scare me. But someone might like these to play with.

So if you like ghosts, heres two real ones!

Don't forget to read the Q and A section down the bottom.

Q: I thought the holy water might kill them, I heard urine is a better alternative to keep the spirits healthy
A: well holy water (to be honest i think is crap as im not religious) so to me and the spirit its just water, but aparantly water makes a great thing to keep them in as energy can pass through water easily so it doesnt kill them. Really the bottle is doing all the work :)

And other such hilarity.
As my friend who linked me to this put it, "selling coloured water for $1800 haha".

EDIT: Damn. I did try to search, I guess it's not working here either.
Seventh Child

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#30  Postby DoctorE » Mar 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Sold to the fool... ;)

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/ ... 8-23-33-55

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- The rare spirits that went under the gavel at a recent online auction in New Zealand weren't aged brandies or hard-to-find liqueurs.

Instead, two glass vials purportedly containing the ghosts of two dead people sold for $2,830 New Zealand dollars ($1,983) at an auction that ended Monday night.

The "ghosts" were put up for bidding by Avie Woodbury from the southern city of Christchurch. She said they were captured in her house and stored in glass vials with stoppers and dipped in holy water, which she says "dulls the spirits' energy."

She said they were the spirits of an old man who lived in the house during the 1920s, and a powerful, disruptive little girl who turned up after a session with a spirit-calling Ouija board. Since an exorcism at the property last July led to their capture, there has been no further spooky activity in the house, she said.

The auction attracted more than 214,000 page views and dozens of questions before the winning bid, Trademe auction site spokesman Paul Ford said Tuesday. The name of the winning bidder was not released.

Woodbury said that once an "exorcist's fee" has been deducted, the proceeds of the spirit sale will go to the animal welfare group the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#31  Postby dionysus » Mar 09, 2010 8:32 pm

Wait a second...that blue water looks familiar.

dionysus

Name: Lukasz
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby juːtoʊpiə » Mar 09, 2010 8:47 pm

chairman bill wrote:
tnjrp wrote:I wonder what would happen if you poured them both into one bottle? :shifty:

Well, if they were gay ghosts they might put the willies up each other :)

:lol:

:rofl:

:dielaughing:
Religion has no place within schools just like facts have no place within religion- Superintendent Chalmers
Homophobia is gay :lay:
juːtoʊpiə

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#33  Postby tnjrp » Mar 10, 2010 5:36 am

http://hosted.ap.org/ wrote:Woodbury said that once an "exorcist's fee" has been deducted, the proceeds of the spirit sale will go to the animal welfare group the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Well, I suppose some good may come off of this bizarre incident then...

---

dionysus wrote:Wait a second...that blue water looks familiar
Like I said... Don't drink blue water, kids! :naughty:
The dog, the dog, he's at it again!
tnjrp

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 10, 2010 1:17 pm

The winning bidder was a company - I read it in the Bangkok Post today, but cant remember the name, or the field of operations but it wasn't obviously connected to ghost-hunting, so might just be the CEO's passion.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#35  Postby riddlemethis » Mar 11, 2010 6:47 am

Pffft, it'll be mothers milk compared to the wine they'll be serving at the GAC - I'll lay money on it!
I told the priest, don't count on any second coming. God got his ass kicked the first time he came down here slumming. - Concrete Blonde

Reason is the servant of the passions - David Hume

You got to be Jesus crazy to pull a move like that. - Victor T
riddlemethis

Female

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby DoctorE » Mar 15, 2010 8:20 pm

More on the matter
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lM2rpiGZt4[/youtube]
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#37  Postby thaesofereode » Mar 17, 2010 3:09 am

. . . "Plech, Windex," he whispered, and expired.

T H E E N D
thaesofereode

Print view this post

#38  Postby Mr.Samsa » Mar 17, 2010 3:31 am

The ebay-like site Trademe that we have here is known for the spooky and paranormal, check out this Scary Washing Machine.

Old mid 80's Fisher and Paykel top loader.
Goes like a rocket!

By 'goes like a rocket' I actually mean that literally.
It actually shakes the house.

It's the loudest most violent sounding washing machine I have ever encountered.
It makes guests scared and children cry. I've lived with it like that for almost a year and it still scares me.

Once while washing a load of towells it got a bit out of balance and it got so out of control for a minute that I swear I actually saw a porthole to another dimension open above it just for a second, there were dinosaurs on the otherside and they looked scared too, it almost sucked me in but I held onto for my life to the deepfreeze. It sucked my shoes and pants off though and it got the iron as well which pissed me off because it was quite a good one. Luckily it sucked it's own power cord out of the wall and stopped before the whole house went in.
I drew a picture of the dinosaurs i saw incase people didn't believe me, they are partly red because my green felt ran out half way through.

I think it would be good to paint it matt black and put steel spikes all over it and draw demons on the front, however I have added an image of another possible customization option for people who like horses.

On heavy duty spin cycle it sort of sounds a bit like the tortured howls of 1000 undead writhing in the sulphury pits of hell mixed with a train with carriages full of scrap iron sliding down the road with no wheels, on fire, into a bell factory.

Thankfully it's bite is not as bad as it's bark. It washes fine, completes cycles, does everything it's supposed to.
It leaks a bit when it's running, always has.
Its a bit grubby, could do with a wipe down, I refuse to touch it because I'm still getting over the whole dinosaur scare thing.

If your in a fix and need a cheap washing machine and are either completely deaf or hate your neighbours this baby is for you.

You have to read through the comments, it was hilarious. It sold for NZ$5000... :lol:
Mr.Samsa

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural