U.S. marshals spooked over voodoo dolls

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

U.S. marshals spooked over voodoo dolls

#1  Postby DoctorE » Jun 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Why... it's not like it's going to work :)

A Downey used-car dealer who allegedly used voodoo-like dolls targeting the prosecutor and investigators was sentenced Wednesday to 12 years in prison for a multimillion-dollar house-buying fraud scheme.

Ruben Hernandez was accused in 2008 in a series of house purchases using fake Social Security numbers and fake bank statements that defrauded banks of about $4 million.

The U.S. Marshals Service took Hernandez into custody in February 2009 after he became involved in a high-speed chase. A search of his Pasadena home uncovered some unexpected items, authorities said.

"Investigators went into one of the bedrooms, and it was a shrine with a cross and all kinds of skeletons and stuff," said Eugene Hanrahan, an L.A. County deputy district attorney.

» Don't miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox.

"The star attractions were these three effigy dolls dunked upside down in this brown liquid," he said. "One of them had my name, and the other two had the names of investigators."

Each doll had pins in its eyes, he said, and attached to the dolls was the criminal case number.

"Even the U.S. marshals were spooked," he said. Officials decided to look into the background of the shrine, with the help of a UCLA professor.

The professor said the ritual was tied to Palo Mayombe, a religion that was brought to the Caribbean during the slave trade and is known for its animal sacrifices. Over the years it gained popularity among drug dealers, who use it to put curses on their enemies. Experts believe that as many as 40,000 people in the United States may follow its rituals

Continues: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 6343.story
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: U.S. marshals spooked over voodoo dolls

#2  Postby Kenaz » Jun 03, 2010 6:58 pm

DoctorE wrote:Why... it's not like it's going to work :)

A Downey used-car dealer who allegedly used voodoo-like dolls targeting the prosecutor and investigators was sentenced Wednesday to 12 years in prison for a multimillion-dollar house-buying fraud scheme.

Ruben Hernandez was accused in 2008 in a series of house purchases using fake Social Security numbers and fake bank statements that defrauded banks of about $4 million.

The U.S. Marshals Service took Hernandez into custody in February 2009 after he became involved in a high-speed chase. A search of his Pasadena home uncovered some unexpected items, authorities said.

"Investigators went into one of the bedrooms, and it was a shrine with a cross and all kinds of skeletons and stuff," said Eugene Hanrahan, an L.A. County deputy district attorney.

» Don't miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered to your inbox.

"The star attractions were these three effigy dolls dunked upside down in this brown liquid," he said. "One of them had my name, and the other two had the names of investigators."

Each doll had pins in its eyes, he said, and attached to the dolls was the criminal case number.

"Even the U.S. marshals were spooked," he said. Officials decided to look into the background of the shrine, with the help of a UCLA professor.

The professor said the ritual was tied to Palo Mayombe, a religion that was brought to the Caribbean during the slave trade and is known for its animal sacrifices. Over the years it gained popularity among drug dealers, who use it to put curses on their enemies. Experts believe that as many as 40,000 people in the United States may follow its rituals

Continues: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 6343.story

It may very well 'work' in a sense, as the people who are being targeted by it are now aware of it and are psychologically spooked by it, now paranoid. It will certainly effect them in some sense now. All negative things will not certainly be attributed to this 'curse.' :lol:
Question marks may be at the end of sentences; but in life they are the introduction.
Kenaz
RS Donator

Print view this post

#3  Postby dionysus » Jun 17, 2010 3:53 am

I don't think "spooked" was the correct word, I'm sure it was more along the lines of "Holy shit, what the fuck is this guy trying to do?".
dionysus

Name: Lukasz
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby virphen » Jun 17, 2010 4:07 am

dionysus wrote:I don't think "spooked" was the correct word, I'm sure it was more along the lines of "Holy shit, what the fuck is this guy trying to do?".

No, they were spooked because one of the dolls said "ouch" when it's matching investigator had acupuncture.
virphen

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby dionysus » Jun 17, 2010 5:10 am

virphen wrote:
dionysus wrote:I don't think "spooked" was the correct word, I'm sure it was more along the lines of "Holy shit, what the fuck is this guy trying to do?".

No, they were spooked because one of the dolls said "ouch" when it's matching investigator had acupuncture.

:lol:
dionysus

Name: Lukasz
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural