UK: Belief in ghosts is rising

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: UK: Belief in ghosts is rising

#81  Postby Fila » Feb 21, 2019 6:02 am

Hermit wrote:No, I'm not. I said you changed the topic instead of providing evidence for your assertion that "people are not allowed to look into ghosts and UFOs etc". Was I wrong?

I think so, yes. I read your reply.., and my response was to follow up with a more precise question.., as semantics seems to be creeping in.

EXAMPLE: Your answer is X...., so using X.., explain Y
So, taking into account your response.., that its fine for people to look into ghosts etc.., answer the next question.
I have logged your response. I've heard it. I've taken it into consideration. I'm not changing the subject. Its the same subject.
Even if...., even IF.., IF I was changing the subject? Why would you still avoid the question?

People really do avoid my questions.., and raise other issues instead.., and I STILL answer their questions.
Read my one thread. The proof is there.

Name: James

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#82  Postby Fila » Feb 21, 2019 6:07 am

Svartalf wrote:Of course we should make shit up... ghosts and UFO etc are made up shit to explain hallucinations or phenomena of which the rational explanation is unknown yet.

Can you please show how you formed this conclusion? This would save me a lot of time.
Also., if you have already formed a conclusion.., why do you come here? Do you just spam this message all the time?
Very weird people here.., I don't see the point of why most are here.

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Fila » Feb 21, 2019 6:20 am

Ironclad wrote:I've seen some crazy weird shit while hallucinating, including UFOs, but never a ghost. I have seen the face of Satan coming out of the moon though, does that count? Come to think of it, I did see Bob Marley at Glastonbury festival back in '83, he was dead so that was definitely a ghost.

That's even more reason to look into UFOs officially.
Why are pilots, truck drivers, military personnel, politicians, judges etc. still in their positions of power, or operating heavy machinery, weapons or have a duty of care for others.., if they are hallucinating or on drugs? These people should be taken in for a proper examination to find the cause of the mental illness, and prevent others from suffering, or causing harm to others.

I don't want to MH-370 into the ocean because some 747 pilot decided to perform evasive manoeuvres to avoid an "alien mothership".

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 21, 2019 6:30 am

Fila wrote:
I don't want to MH-370 into the ocean because some 747 pilot decided to perform evasive manoeuvres to avoid an "alien mothership".

MH-370 wasn't a 747. Somebody once said, "First get your facts straight, and then you can distort them at your leisure."

I don't want to MH-370 into the ocean

What language is this, Fila? It isn't quite Engrish, yet.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Fallible » Feb 21, 2019 11:02 am

Fallible wrote:Why do you say these are some of the biggest questions in life? To whom?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#86  Postby electricwhiteboy » Feb 21, 2019 11:30 am

Fila. You seem to think the explanation is beyond our ken. You justify this by saying there are many things beyond our senses so we rely on tech. That's true. However ghosts are the opposite. They don't show up on tech, because there isn't a single convincing photo of a ghost in existence. They don't show up on microphones, because there are more convincing rational explanations for things like EVP. What we can detect are electromagnet fields and infrasound. Both are known causes of at the extreme end cause hallucinations, but mostly make people feel uncomfortable and frightened. In many haunted locations you find natural or man made sources of infrasound and EMF. If you are looking for a detectable source for ghosts, they are it. We also understand the processes involved to fully explain why they are happening, and why EMF and ultrasound are not generated by ghosts, and why the experiences are not that of a valid reality.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#87  Postby Fila » Feb 22, 2019 5:43 am

Cito di Pense wrote:MH-370 wasn't a 747. Somebody once said, "First get your facts straight, and then you can distort them at your leisure."

I'm using MH-370 as a verb.

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#88  Postby Fila » Feb 22, 2019 6:05 am

electricwhiteboy wrote:Fila. You seem to think the explanation is beyond our ken.

I don't mean to. I think science can help us understand anything. That's what science is.
Even if there was a magical god who created a whole frikken planet in 7 days or whatever the story is.., science could explain the process of how the magical crap comes out of his fingers and interacts with blah blah blah.

electricwhiteboy wrote:You justify this by saying there are many things beyond our senses so we rely on tech. That's true. However ghosts are the opposite. They don't show up on tech, because there isn't a single convincing photo of a ghost in existence.

Convincing is relative to the observer. So we can't rely on that as a gauge to form conclusions.
Also.., unless you have reviewed thousands of images of ghosts thoroughly.., i'd say your sample size is too low to form conclusions.

electricwhiteboy wrote:They don't show up on microphones, because there are more convincing rational explanations for things like EVP. What we can detect are electromagnet fields and infrasound.

There are ways to cancel these out, to help reduce "noise".
Its a common problem with many scientific instruments. Picking up background "noise".

electricwhiteboy wrote:Both are known causes of at the extreme end cause hallucinations, but mostly make people feel uncomfortable and frightened. In many haunted locations you find natural or man made sources of infrasound and EMF.

Very good work. Can you please provide the statistics showing of "extreme" frequencies at haunted houses? (I.e. how many houses do? How many don't?). And supporting documents showing natural / man-made sources and their levels. Thank you.

electricwhiteboy wrote:If you are looking for a detectable source for ghosts, they are it.

I would need to see evidence before I can be convinced. Hopefully you understand.

electricwhiteboy wrote:We also understand the processes involved to fully explain why they are happening, and why EMF and ultrasound are not generated by ghosts, and why the experiences are not that of a valid reality.

Yes. We can easily detect our devices when they are on.., or off. That's a simple test to tell if its a ghost, or a man made device.

If someone hypothesised that a ghost can manipulate frequencies.., then they would need to show it doesn't match man-made objects. Leave all devices off. Turn on detector. Slowly turn on required devices one by one. Record changes, and eliminate variables. Start making observations. Have multiple testing stations. One inside and one outside. This can help determine the range.., or help identify background "noise" as a control.

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 22, 2019 11:36 am

Fila wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:MH-370 wasn't a 747. Somebody once said, "First get your facts straight, and then you can distort them at your leisure."

I'm using MH-370 as a verb.

That's minorly clever, Fila. I hadn't seen that usage before, but I'll keep it in mind. Frankly, if I were you, I'd have used the more conventional aviation expression "auger in" to try to lend my commentary some additional panache, instead of just trying to make more shit up. You're already on record as making too much shit up. You don't know much about flying, not even second hand, do you?

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#90  Postby LucidFlight » Feb 22, 2019 12:27 pm

Indeed, the best way to MH-370 something is with a pilot trained on another aircraft. It's very clever.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#91  Postby zulumoose » Feb 22, 2019 12:32 pm

Im'a MH-370 this donut inna my coffee bro.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Fallible » Feb 22, 2019 1:40 pm

Fila, when you talk about 'ghosts', what do you mean by that term? What is a ghost, in your view?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#93  Postby newolder » Feb 22, 2019 6:08 pm

... and further to Fallible's post ^: What test could we make to distinguish between ghosts Image and paranormal UFO activity, Image
in your expert opinion?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#94  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Fila wrote:I think science can help us understand anything.

A wise man once said, "In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice; in practice, there is."

I understand ghosts quite well enough, thanks, meaning, I understand that people are spooked. Get it? Spooks!

Thing is, some people don't think we understand ghosts anywhere nearly well enough. They might be the most spooked of all, and it's possible nothing will ever convince them that they understand anything well enough because, deep down inside, they know pretty much how well they understand anything.

Fila wrote:unless you have reviewed thousands of images of ghosts thoroughly.., i'd say your sample size is too low to form conclusions.

See what I mean? Goes equally for UFOs, mate. There's a reason some people seek to acquire expertise in a field where there's no such thing unless it's self-proclaimed.

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#95  Postby bogdan9310 » Feb 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Flat earth, ghosts...
Where are we heading as a species?
bogdan9310

Name: Bogdan Bacosca
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#96  Postby Ironclad » Feb 23, 2019 5:59 am

Over the edge?
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#97  Postby BlackBart » Feb 23, 2019 7:13 am

Ironclad wrote:Over the edge?

We don't have a ghost of chance.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#98  Postby electricwhiteboy » Feb 23, 2019 2:47 pm

I would define a ghost as the subjective manifestation of the meme of a place and person. But I'm a pretentious wanker.
electricwhiteboy

Print view this post

#99  Postby ORZIL » Nov 19, 2019 12:10 am

Spirits are the souls of the dead.
ORZIL

Name: ORZIL SANZIO

Print view this post

#100  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 19, 2019 12:48 am

ORZIL wrote:Spirits are the souls of the dead.

Spirits are the slime trails of snails.

Spirits are the icing on the cake.

Spirits are the gremlins momentarily losing their invisibility.

Spirits are the sound of thought.

Spirits are the quantum emanations of desire.

Spirits are the embodiment of humans' fear of death and the terror of conceiving they might cease to exist.

Spirits are the hallucinations of the brain-washed.

It's fun this game, isn't it?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural