Unidentified Sunken Object

zOMG UFO at teh bottom of teh sea!

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Unidentified Sunken Object

#21  Postby theropod » Aug 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Has anyone considered that his could be a crater from a "lost" torpedo, or other wartime ordinance, that detonated when it hit the bottom? Something as simple as a large shell rolling off the deck might do. Also I've read that there was a great deal of German munitions dumped into the area at the end of WW2.

Take a small remotely operated submersible and go look. Fuck, if we can go down to the Titanic and poke around this ought to be a cake walk.

UFO's, sunken Stonehenge? Oh please.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 02, 2011 3:10 pm

It's a submerged dinosaur nest.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Ironclad » Aug 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Am I the only one who's noticed that the 'UFO' is exactly the same shape as the Millennium Falcon? Exactly.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#24  Postby byofrcs » Aug 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Phew, well it's not a Goa'uld mothership. Which is lucky.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Varangian » Aug 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Well, do we know how many alien spaceships there are around, where the cloaking devices still work?

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#26  Postby laklak » Aug 02, 2011 4:16 pm

If you see a Romulan Warbird decloaking it's the last thing you'll see.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#27  Postby byofrcs » Aug 02, 2011 4:24 pm

laklak wrote:If you see a Romulan Warbird decloaking it's the last thing you'll see.

This is Romulan ? wow who would have thought ?
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby hoopy frood » Aug 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Maybe it's a sentinel buried by ancient space-travellers millions of years ago so they'll know if and when we ever gain the technological know-how to explore the seabed. In light of this new theory I've decided to name the object the Baltic Metal Anomaly 1 hereafter referred to as BMA-1.
I don’t think we’re for anything, we’re just products of evolution. You can say “Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don’t think there’s a purpose,” but I’m anticipating a good lunch.

Theology: The study of elaborate verbal disguises for non-ideas
hoopy frood

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#29  Postby cavarka9 » Aug 02, 2011 4:52 pm

It probably is Vimana, that ancient Indian flying chariots or buildings etc.
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

Name: prajna

India (in)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Neptune's Trident?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#31  Postby cavarka9 » Aug 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Neptune's Trident?

:o , Noooooo, Vimana, go check out ancient ufo's Indian section. It's a big rage. Indians believe that their god Rama when he fought the villain Ravana faced up to the demon with that flying vimana.
Rama later after unsuccessfully trying to burn his wife sita finally departed in Puspaka vimana and came back to Ayodhya. The place where Hindus destroyed babri masjid because they believe that it was built after destroying the Ayodhya temple.
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#32  Postby John P. M. » Aug 02, 2011 5:21 pm

I blew it up (from the video).
Looks quite natural to me. Is that a crater in the upper right part of the "spaceship"?

John P. M.
RS Donator

Male

Norway (no)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Oh come on now... it's far more likely to be Neptune's Trident... it's in EUROPE!

Or something...
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#34  Postby cavarka9 » Aug 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Oh come on now... it's far more likely to be Neptune's Trident... it's in EUROPE!

Or something...

you mean trishul, yeah it is shiva's weapon, neptune was never original. However I see no resemblance with trishul.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 02, 2011 5:54 pm

cavarka9 wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Oh come on now... it's far more likely to be Neptune's Trident... it's in EUROPE!

Or something...

you mean trishul, yeah it is shiva's weapon, neptune was never original. However I see no resemblance with trishul.

But Shiva was all the way over their in India... why would he have lost his trident in Europe - it just makes no sense! The only logical explanation is that it is either Neptune's Trident, or possibly one of Thor's thunderbolts, although I'd need to see more evidence for the latter!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby cavarka9 » Aug 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
cavarka9 wrote:

Or something...

But Shiva was all the way over their in India... why would he have lost his trident in Europe - it just makes no sense! The only logical explanation is that it is either Neptune's Trident, or possibly one of Thor's thunderbolts, although I'd need to see more evidence for the latter!

I dont see a tridenty thing there, also shiva isnt provincial he dances the universe to destruction remember. In any case this case resembles a 10yr old news of NIOS finding evidence of large man made structures in arabian sea, the explanation given was faulty instrument.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#37  Postby theropod » Aug 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Looks like the forward turret base of a small warship. The dark area with the pointy look could be the forward section of a destroyer or other small warship. The dark area on the left looks the access gangway. The spiked round object on the upper right of the main round area could be an antiaircraft station or ventilation stack.

I don't see a space machine.

There were a good number of small ships fitting this class sunk in the Baltic. That's what I see here. Wreckage.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Varangian » Aug 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Ironclad is right - it is Millennium Falcon!

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#39  Postby byofrcs » Aug 02, 2011 10:10 pm

That's a HUGE trilobite !
byofrcs
RS Donator

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Zwaarddijk » Aug 02, 2011 10:58 pm

theropod wrote:Looks like the forward turret base of a small warship. The dark area with the pointy look could be the forward section of a destroyer or other small warship. The dark area on the left looks the access gangway. The spiked round object on the upper right of the main round area could be an antiaircraft station or ventilation stack.

I don't see a space machine.

There were a good number of small ships fitting this class sunk in the Baltic. That's what I see here. Wreckage.

RS

I don't think the northern part of the gulf of bothnia has seen much in ways of naval action since after the crimean war, really. During WW2, at least, most hostile crafts were intercepted around Åland. Swedish wikipedia only lists two ships to have been sunk during WW2 even somewhat close to there, only one of which was armed.

During WW1, most war-related naval activity in the area probably consisted of Germans smuggling armaments to the independence movement in Finland. Not a lot of ships can have been sunk there.

Wreckage, yes, but I find it very unlikely to be a turret.
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural