Hello All,

What do you think of this story?

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2012/01/12/w ... l-universe
Alexander1304

Print view this post

Re: Woman claims she is from parallel univerese

#2  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 09, 2015 3:17 pm

I think you need to get a new hobby.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Arcanyn » Nov 09, 2015 3:22 pm

I once heard someone tell a story about how that woman is a liar.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Yes, and I heard they said they had scientific proof for it. So it must be true, right guys?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » Nov 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Somebody told me they saw somebody else on the internet who proved it with equations.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Alexander1304 » Nov 09, 2015 3:36 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:Yes, and I heard they said they had scientific proof for it. So it must be true, right guys?

Is it sarcasm?Are you joking? How there can be scientific proof for such story?
Last edited by Alexander1304 on Nov 09, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#7  Postby Sendraks » Nov 09, 2015 3:37 pm

I once saw a thread where someone posted this story and actually presented their fucking thoughts and views on it, rather than just asking "what do you think of this story?"
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#8  Postby Arcanyn » Nov 09, 2015 4:06 pm

You mean you've been to a parallel universe?
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Alexander1304 » Nov 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Arcanyn wrote:You mean you've been to a parallel universe?

I have personally not, although I cannot know. Some claim that we move through the universes constantly.But some(Kaku) claim these universes are disconnected and we cannot enter them...
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#10  Postby Cthulhu's Trilby » Nov 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:Hello All,

What do you think of this story?

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2012/01/12/w ... l-universe

I think it says something about human beings that rather than thinking 'something's gone wrong with my brain' she's thinking 'something's gone wrong with the entire fucking Universe'.
Cthulhu's Trilby

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Sendraks » Nov 09, 2015 4:25 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
I have personally not, although I cannot know. Some claim that we move through the universes constantly.But some(Kaku) claim these universes are disconnected and we cannot enter them...

Some people claim stuff. Other people claim other things. All of it is precisely fucking worthless unless it can be backed up by evidence which some other people can use to test the reliability of what is being claimed.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#12  Postby Alan B » Nov 09, 2015 4:34 pm

I think something's gone funny with her brain, like those people who wake up after an operation and speaking another language. What is disturbing is the number of credulous people around who choose this sort of fiction as a 'reality' to escape from their hum-drum lives.
Last edited by Alan B on Nov 09, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Alexander1304 » Nov 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:

Some people claim stuff. Other people claim other things. All of it is precisely fucking worthless unless it can be backed up by evidence which some other people can use to test the reliability of what is being claimed.

You see,Whitley Strieber claims to encountered parallel universes many times, and especially here :
http://www.unknowncountry.com/journal/m ... -encounter

He claims that UFO transferred his consciousness to other universes.But the reason we should believe him is that his wife was with him on 'this' trip and can confirm it.
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#14  Postby ElDiablo » Nov 09, 2015 5:12 pm

It's on the internets so it must be true.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Alexander1304 » Nov 09, 2015 5:30 pm

ElDiablo wrote:It's on the internets so it must be true.

No, a lot of crank stuff is posted on the interent
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#16  Postby Onyx8 » Nov 09, 2015 5:33 pm

Why do you read it then?
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Alexander1304 » Nov 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Onyx8 wrote:Why do you read it then?

I mean,a lot of stuff there on internet,both worthwhile and worthless.Sometimes it its hard to distinguish,therefore I am here.
Alexander1304

Print view this post

#18  Postby Alan B » Nov 09, 2015 5:54 pm

If the 'parallel universe' is the product of a mind's imagination (and 'confirmed' by the gullibility of others), it cannot be verified by any physical means.
Since any parallel universe must be physical in nature (otherwise these so-called 'travellers' wouldn't be able to live there), then it must be detectable by physical examination.

Alexander1304 wrote:He claims that UFO transferred his consciousness to other universes.But the reason we should believe him is that his wife was with him on 'this' trip and can confirm it.

Well, she would, wouldn't she. If there's money to be made out of the gullible...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19  Postby ElDiablo » Nov 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:

You see,Whitley Strieber claims to encountered parallel universes many times, and especially here :

He claims that UFO transferred his consciousness to other universes.But the reason we should believe him is that his wife was with him on 'this' trip and can confirm it.

He seems to be caught up in defining his life and any circumstances around it according to a certain narrative.

However this extraordinary experience and the words of the Master of the Key reflect a much larger reality, one that is described very well by Meister Eckhart, when he admonishes us to "become as a clear glass through which God can shine."

IOW, he's bought the Kool-Aid, drank it and now the whole world taste like Kool-Aid.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby BlackBart » Nov 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Alexander1304 wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Alexander1304 wrote:

Uh...huh...yeah...uh...huh Yeah, his wife confirms it so it must be true. Uh...huh...yep. I mean there's no reason she'd lie is there? It's not as though she'd blow her husband's bestselling potboiler gig by saying it was all bullshit?

You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural