Worst ghost story evar

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Ironclad, Onyx8

Worst ghost story evar

#1  Postby DoctorE » Mar 29, 2011 9:22 am

A spooked family have called in a real-life 'ghostbuster' - after claiming to have captured on video a poltergeist moving a chair across a bedroom.

Lisa Manning and her children Ellie, 11, and Jaydon, six, have fled their house in terror several times because of bizarre goings-on.

They include pots and pans being thrown around the kitchen, window blinds moving up and down by themselves, lights being switched on and off and drawers being opened.
Last week they were even forced to climb out of a window after being trapped in their living room when the door locked by itself.

Now they have been advised to wear crucifixes by a priest after capturing video footage of a chair moving by itself in Ellie's bedroom.

Carer Miss Manning, 34, shot the film two weeks ago after putting hidden cameras in the family's home in Holbrooks, an area of Coventry.

The 52-second clip shows a wardrobe door opening before a pink swivel chair moves slowly backwards towards the wall.

Check out the fake video, complete with the cough of FAIL and everything :) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... video.html
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Worst ghost story evar

#2  Postby Animavore » Mar 29, 2011 9:34 am

:picard: at the predictable comments.

Who is going to come up with a story like that and expose themselves to all kinds of redicule just because they want to move? In fact, their story including the dog being killed is very much like the events that took place in a house I know of. So there may actually be something in this report in spite of what the scoffers think but there is clearly room for doubt in the clip because the bottom of the chair is not seen. Maybe a better clip showing the whole event would be far better. My advise to the family, forget crystals, crucifixes, priests etc. If you want it sorted go to a real church where the minister knows how to deal with these issues and how to get it out of the house.

With regard to heretics two points must be observed (heretic and Church).. On their own side there is the sin, whereby they deserve not only to be separated from the Church by excommunication, but also to be severed from the world by death.

- Aquinas.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#3  Postby pennypitstop » Mar 29, 2011 9:55 am

Is that woman still in her PJ bottoms?!
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
pennypitstop

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby HPrice » Mar 29, 2011 10:09 am

The video is disappointing. However, the case looks worth investigating properly which I doubt very much will happen.
HPrice

Print view this post

#5  Postby pennypitstop » Mar 29, 2011 10:13 am

HPrice wrote:The video is disappointing. However, the case looks worth investigating properly which I doubt very much will happen.

You're missing sarcasm tags... surely. :eh:
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
pennypitstop

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby HPrice » Mar 29, 2011 3:39 pm

You're missing sarcasm tags... surely. :eh:

If this thread is sarcastic does that mean it is the best ghost story ever?
HPrice

Print view this post

#7  Postby jerome » Mar 31, 2011 4:50 pm

http://polterwotsit.wordpress.com/2011/ ... ltergeist/ is part one of my analysis :) You knew I was going to post here didn't you? See, you are psychic!

j x
Yours sincerely, Jerome -- a threat to reason & science

I am an Anglican Prejudice declared - My blog: http://jerome23.wordpress.com/
jerome

Name: CJ
Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Farcus81 » Apr 19, 2011 6:16 pm

All these people have to do is call Ghost Hunters International and they will come out with their Flir and an EMF gauge and roam through the house talking to themselves on video for a day or two before they sit down and say "We caught this squeek on our audio recorders. You definately have something going on but we don't have enough to call it paranormal yet."

:lol:
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. -- Albert Einstein
Farcus81

Name: Scott

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby jerome » Apr 19, 2011 6:19 pm

I still have to meet TAPS! That will be hilarious. I did an amusing bit with the "Ghost Adventures" guys, but I was being a historian, and even that turned out pretty bizarrely absurd!

jerome

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Farcus81 » Apr 19, 2011 6:46 pm

jerome wrote:I still have to meet TAPS! That will be hilarious. I did an amusing bit with the "Ghost Adventures" guys, but I was being a historian, and even that turned out pretty bizarrely absurd!

I'm a big fan of both of those shows. There is no way I could ever be a guest on either of them though. I'd have to much fun debunking their explainations for everything :lol:
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits. -- Albert Einstein
Farcus81

Name: Scott

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby BlackBart » Apr 19, 2011 7:14 pm

HPrice wrote:The video is disappointing. However, the case looks worth investigating properly which I doubt very much will happen.

Who ya gonna call?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby John P. M. » Apr 19, 2011 7:54 pm

DoctorE wrote:

Carer Miss Manning, 34, shot the film two weeks ago after putting hidden cameras in the family's home in Holbrooks, an area of Coventry.

Why hidden cameras? Are ghosts shy?
Do they not see you hiding the camera? How can you know they're not watching you as you place it?

And why are ghosts, whatever they are supposed to be, preoccupied with moving furniture, opening and closing doors, emptying drawers with cutlery, and the like? They seem as obsessed with it as aliens are of anal probing.

Is it a cry for help? "Help us - we are trapped in the umpteenth dimension, and we are only able to move your furniture as a way of communicating! -We could of course use the same powers to pick up a pen and write something, come to think of it, but.... HELP!" ?
John P. M.
RS Donator

Male

Norway (no)
Print view this post

#13  Postby jerome » Apr 19, 2011 9:08 pm

John P. M. wrote:

And why are ghosts, whatever they are supposed to be, preoccupied with moving furniture, opening and closing doors, emptying drawers with cutlery, and the like? They seem as obsessed with it as aliens are of anal probing.

Is it a cry for help? "Help us - we are trapped in the umpteenth dimension, and we are only able to move your furniture as a way of communicating! -We could of course use the same powers to pick up a pen and write something, come to think of it, but.... HELP!" ?

Good question! "Marianne... light.. candles... prayer". That's the only example I can think of - and HPrice should appreciate it :)

jerome

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural