A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker


Ads by Google


Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#302  Postby jamest » Mar 29, 2018 11:55 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
Silly Billy; the fact that our experiences are ordered/predictable does not imply that the world they report exists independently of those experiences.

Silly Billy, you've got to respond to the content of what a person's said in your response, not just say "No it isn't!" That's not useful. So let's try again: if the world existed independently of my observation of it, I would expect to see consistency. This seems very straightforward and obvious, so I'd be happy if you'd address it this time so I don't have to explain why it's so obvious, which will be incredibly boring for everyone reading, since they all grasped it at some point in toddlerhood.

Now I know how MLK must have felt.

And now you're comparing yourself to MLK. How's that ego reduction going?

Your myopia is noted. I have no wish to compare myself to MLK, as he only had a vision for certain minorities of people. My vision transcends 'people'. I merely used his experience to communicate the level of my frustration.

This is a different league, SAM. You still don't get that.

This is your last chance to up your game, otherwise don't fucking bother me.

I post here far less frequently than I used to. These days I seek fun and/or sincerity & intelligence. I see nothing of those qualities in your responses to me, which is a shame. Enjoy your Easter eggs, Sir.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18475
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#303  Postby jamest » Mar 30, 2018 12:00 am

Thommo wrote::popcorn:

A recent conclusion found that over-consumption of popcorn led to sheepish behaviour.

I'm not providing a link for that claim, it's just the conclusion of a life gazing, by yours truly.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18475
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#304  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 30, 2018 12:13 am

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Silly Billy, you've got to respond to the content of what a person's said in your response, not just say "No it isn't!" That's not useful. So let's try again: if the world existed independently of my observation of it, I would expect to see consistency. This seems very straightforward and obvious, so I'd be happy if you'd address it this time so I don't have to explain why it's so obvious, which will be incredibly boring for everyone reading, since they all grasped it at some point in toddlerhood.

Now I know how MLK must have felt.

And now you're comparing yourself to MLK. How's that ego reduction going?

Your myopia is noted.

Your substance-free hand-waving is noted. Try making arguments instead of insults, you might find someone would take what you say seriously.

I have no wish to compare myself to MLK, as he only had a vision for certain minorities of people. My vision transcends 'people'. I merely used his experience to communicate the level of my frustration.

If you don't want to compare yourself to MLK, try not comparing yourself to MLK. Your use is completely vapid in that it doesn't actually say anything except that you feel the need to compare yourself to MLK.

This is a different league, SAM. You still don't get that.

This is your last chance to up your game, otherwise don't fucking bother me.

Two paragraphs that say absolutely nothing, just mindless chest thumping. Better up your own game :lol:

I post here far less frequently than I used to. These days I seek fun and/or sincerity & intelligence. I see nothing of those qualities in your responses to me, which is a shame. Enjoy your Easter eggs, Sir.

I'm not surprised, since your posts display none of the qualities you're allegedly seeking. That you've completely failed to address any point I've made is just the icing on the cake. Have fun running away without saying anything, again.

Image
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14253
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#305  Postby jamest » Mar 30, 2018 12:39 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
Your myopia is noted.

Your substance-free hand-waving is noted. Try making arguments instead of insults, you might find someone would take what you say seriously.

Go and have a chat with Cito about my 'truth mills', because I presently cannot be arsed. I've been doing this shit for two decades, squire, and you're approaching me as though I've never encountered a person such as you. Really? Have a word with yourself. The only reason I'm not shoving a badger up your arsehole right now is because I have empathy for you, nothing else.

I don't myself fall out with many people. I can put up with much negativity and shit. Even after two decades of atheism forums, I'm still here. Characters such as you are small-fry compared to what I've had to endure from others. Sincerely.

I've encountered some sharp/knowledgeable atheists in those two decades, and you're simply not in their league. You're nowhere near nasty enough either. I've been called all manner of cunts in the last two decades.

There really is no point in you continuing to waste your time with me until you realise how valuable I can be to you. I don't want to be cruel, but your value to me is almost nil, except as a means of exposing the negativity of atheistic politics, as I have here.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18475
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#306  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 30, 2018 1:00 am

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
Your myopia is noted.

Your substance-free hand-waving is noted. Try making arguments instead of insults, you might find someone would take what you say seriously.

Go and have a chat with Cito about my 'truth mills', because I presently cannot be arsed. I've been doing this shit for two decades, squire, and you're approaching me as though I've never encountered a person such as you.

I'm approaching you as someone who's never actually argued against the basic points I've made, peasant. Your continued failure to do so is surely noted by everyone reading, and you must be aware of this.

Really? Have a word with yourself. The only reason I'm not shoving a badger up your arsehole right now is because I have empathy for you, nothing else.

So you're incapable of making a coherent argument against my points, so you're going to continue your obsession with putting things up people's butts. Got it.

I don't myself fall out with many people. I can put up with much negativity and shit. Even after two decades of atheism forums, I'm still here. Characters such as you are small-fry compared to what I've had to endure from others. Sincerely.

That's not in evidence, since I've made very basic points and you've utterly failed to address them. Sincerely.

I've encountered some sharp/knowledgeable atheists in those two decades, and you're simply not in their league. You're nowhere near nasty enough either. I've been called all manner of cunts in the last two decades.

As I've pointed out before, couldn't give less of a rat's ass about your assessment of me personally, you're transparently trying to distract from your utter failure to make your case and address even my most basic points. Get over yourself, and get on to the argument.

There really is no point in you continuing to waste your time with me until you realise how valuable I can be to you. I don't want to be cruel, but your value to me is almost nil, except as a means of exposing the negativity of atheistic politics, as I have here.

Seeing as you've completely failed to make an argument and instead spent all your posts attacking me personally, have a fucking word with yourself :lol:

I'm well aware that attempting to reason with you is a complete waste of time. Your chest thumping in place of substantiative argument is all you ever do, so is entirely expected. I enjoy pointing this out though, partially for the entertainment of other readers, but partially because I'm convinced some part of you must be aware of how badly you come across these encounters. I mean, your last few posts have been literally nothing but idiotic taunting, there's nothing else for me to respond to.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14253
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#307  Postby Thommo » Mar 30, 2018 1:57 am

jamest wrote:
Thommo wrote::popcorn:

A recent conclusion found that over-consumption of popcorn led to sheepish behaviour.

I'm not providing a link for that claim, it's just the conclusion of a life gazing, by yours truly.


I am reminded of a story.

Over the Christmas period, as many people do, I spent some time with my family, including my brother and his two primary aged children. During Christmas lunch we opened our Christmas crackers, donned our colourful paper hats and were eating, drinking and being merry, as they say.

Our crackers, as is the tradition, each contained a small piece of paper with a really naff joke on it, which we read in turn, duly chortling and groaning in response at the appropriate time. The kids loved this and gleefully joined in, laughing hysterically throughout, even though they clearly had no real understanding of the bad puns and often asked for explanations. After the explanations, they happily decided to continue the game by telling some jokes of their own invention.

I'm sure this will be a familiar experience to anyone who has spent time with young children, but due to their complete lack of understanding of what makes a joke funny, what a pun is and background knowledge of various sorts as well as their underdeveloped reasoning skills that would allow them to follow a simple pattern of relationship between setup and punchline from the example jokes to their creations they were a bit out of their depth with this, leading to wonderful offerings like "what do you call a deer with cotton wool on its head?" "cotton wool deer!" {raucous laughter and naughtiness} "what do you call a duck with one wing?" "Sally the duck! That is the duck's name!" and so on.

Obviously we all enjoyed this and didn't mind at all that the jokes were completely unfunny, we were having a nice time and so were the kids. Their attempts to communicate on an adult level obviously were falling a bit flat, but that doesn't matter, they're little kids and they were happy. In time, no doubt they will learn better reasoning skills and understand the relationship between a joke and its punchline, their intellects will develop.

They are just little children, after all, so we make allowances.
Last edited by Thommo on Mar 30, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 27036

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#308  Postby laklak » Mar 30, 2018 3:41 am

The only way I can stand the kiddies is to drink. Lots.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20752
Age: 66
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#309  Postby Thommo » Mar 30, 2018 5:53 am

It's the noise that gets me. I don't know how parents do it.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 27036

Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#310  Postby LucidFlight » Mar 30, 2018 7:23 am

What do you call a deer with no eyes? Martha! Hahaha! It is true, I am able to traverse the vast gulf of human perspectives — in an instant!
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10795
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#311  Postby Keep It Real » Mar 30, 2018 7:35 am

What do you call the author of a humorous comment, previously known as Martha, who has become a cyclops? Mirtha.
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
 
Posts: 9171
Age: 39

Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#312  Postby jamest » Mar 30, 2018 11:05 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
Your myopia is noted.

Your substance-free hand-waving is noted. Try making arguments instead of insults, you might find someone would take what you say seriously.

Go and have a chat with Cito about my 'truth mills', because I presently cannot be arsed. I've been doing this shit for two decades, squire, and you're approaching me as though I've never encountered a person such as you.

I'm approaching you as someone who's never actually argued against the basic points I've made, peasant. Your continued failure to do so is surely noted by everyone reading, and you must be aware of this.

I'm beyond basic these days as I've gotten dog-tired of teaching children how to swim. If you want to see me dealing with basic then do a search of my previous threads. If you can't be arsed with that, then it was nice encountering you but let's both move on. I only really engage in serious philosophy with sincere bright and/or knowledgeable people now.
Best wishes, regardless.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18475
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#313  Postby jamest » Mar 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Thommo wrote:
jamest wrote:
Thommo wrote::popcorn:

A recent conclusion found that over-consumption of popcorn led to sheepish behaviour.

I'm not providing a link for that claim, it's just the conclusion of a life gazing, by yours truly.


I am reminded of a story.

Over the Christmas period, as many people do, I spent some time with my family, including my brother and his two primary aged children. During Christmas lunch we opened our Christmas crackers, donned our colourful paper hats and were eating, drinking and being merry, as they say.

Our crackers, as is the tradition, each contained a small piece of paper with a really naff joke on it, which we read in turn, duly chortling and groaning in response at the appropriate time. The kids loved this and gleefully joined in, laughing hysterically throughout, even though they clearly had no real understanding of the bad puns and often asked for explanations. After the explanations, they happily decided to continue the game by telling some jokes of their own invention.

I'm sure this will be a familiar experience to anyone who has spent time with young children, but due to their complete lack of understanding of what makes a joke funny, what a pun is and background knowledge of various sorts as well as their underdeveloped reasoning skills that would allow them to follow a simple pattern of relationship between setup and punchline from the example jokes to their creations they were a bit out of their depth with this, leading to wonderful offerings like "what do you call a deer with cotton wool on its head?" "cotton wool deer!" {raucous laughter and naughtiness} "what do you call a duck with one wing?" "Sally the duck! That is the duck's name!" and so on.

Obviously we all enjoyed this and didn't mind at all that the jokes were completely unfunny, we were having a nice time and so were the kids. Their attempts to communicate on an adult level obviously were falling a bit flat, but that doesn't matter, they're little kids and they were happy. In time, no doubt they will learn better reasoning skills and understand the relationship between a joke and its punchline, their intellects will develop.

They are just little children, after all, so we make allowances.

I pity those kids, since you and your ilk are merely manipulating them to think like you. Yes, we want kids to develop their 'intellect', but you have a long way to go before justifying that your brand of intellect is preferable to any other, especially mine.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18475
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#314  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 30, 2018 11:30 pm

jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Your substance-free hand-waving is noted. Try making arguments instead of insults, you might find someone would take what you say seriously.

Go and have a chat with Cito about my 'truth mills', because I presently cannot be arsed. I've been doing this shit for two decades, squire, and you're approaching me as though I've never encountered a person such as you.

I'm approaching you as someone who's never actually argued against the basic points I've made, peasant. Your continued failure to do so is surely noted by everyone reading, and you must be aware of this.

I'm beyond basic these days

You have to pass basic in the first place to get beyond it. Basic has left you stumped, because here you are beating your chest instead of answering questions. Pretty sad.

as I've gotten dog-tired of teaching children how to swim. If you want to see me dealing with basic then do a search of my previous threads.

I've read your previous threads. They're just as lacking as this one, you never manage to answer even these basic points.

If you can't be arsed with that, then it was nice encountering you but let's both move on.

Image

I only really engage in serious philosophy with sincere bright and/or knowledgeable people now.
Best wishes, regardless.

You do jack shit :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14253
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#315  Postby jamest » Mar 30, 2018 11:33 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
jamest wrote:
Go and have a chat with Cito about my 'truth mills', because I presently cannot be arsed. I've been doing this shit for two decades, squire, and you're approaching me as though I've never encountered a person such as you.

I'm approaching you as someone who's never actually argued against the basic points I've made, peasant. Your continued failure to do so is surely noted by everyone reading, and you must be aware of this.

I'm beyond basic these days

You have to pass basic in the first place to get beyond it. Basic has left you stumped, because here you are beating your chest instead of answering questions. Pretty sad.

as I've gotten dog-tired of teaching children how to swim. If you want to see me dealing with basic then do a search of my previous threads.

I've read your previous threads. They're just as lacking as this one, you never manage to answer even these basic points.

If you can't be arsed with that, then it was nice encountering you but let's both move on.

Image

I only really engage in serious philosophy with sincere bright and/or knowledgeable people now.
Best wishes, regardless.

You do jack shit :lol:

Goodbye. I'm done with your shit now.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18475
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#316  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 31, 2018 12:34 am

Image
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14253
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#317  Postby felltoearth » Mar 31, 2018 12:49 am

More like you're done with SAM calling you on YOUR shit.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 13703
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#318  Postby jamest » Mar 31, 2018 12:55 am

felltoearth wrote:More like you're done with SAM calling you on YOUR shit.

I've engaged with numerous intelligent/knowledgable people over the last two decades. I'm done with doing the basics with people incapable of grasping them.

I like SAM. I'd even buy him a pint. I'm just done with teaching kids how to swim, as stated. I have no desire repeating the next 20 years talking the basics.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18475
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#319  Postby SafeAsMilk » Mar 31, 2018 1:12 am

jamest wrote:
felltoearth wrote:More like you're done with SAM calling you on YOUR shit.

I've engaged with numerous intelligent/knowledgable people over the last two decades. I'm done with doing the basics with people incapable of grasping them.

You haven't displayed any grasp of the basics. Nobody is convinced that you have any idea what you're talking about. Sincerely.

I like SAM. I'd even buy him a pint. I'm just done with teaching kids how to swim, as stated. I have no desire repeating the next 20 years talking the basics.

I'm not surprised, seeing as you failed to talk basics for the first 20 years. It's the same old "drop mind turd, run away" move you've been doing for as long as I've seen you on this forum. Literally nobody is buying that you've got the answers and you're just too good to give them, jamest. It couldn't be more obvious that you're just pretending.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14253
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: A philosophy on how to find The Messiah, The Christ

#320  Postby Thommo » Mar 31, 2018 3:15 am

jamest wrote:I pity those kids, since you and your ilk are merely manipulating them to think like you. Yes, we want kids to develop their 'intellect', but you have a long way to go before justifying that your brand of intellect is preferable to any other, especially mine.


I think you missed the point.

I'm baffled how you think me laughing while my niece and nephew eat lunch is some sort of sinister manipulation though.

I'll tell you another story (and this one not about cargo cult like imitation of behaviours like reasoning):

The other day my niece told me she's a Christian and she believes in God. I think this was because we'd just walked past the church. I said "that's fine.".

The end.
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 27036

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest