Free Will

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Free Will

#13061  Postby felltoearth » Feb 09, 2019 3:43 pm

bogdan9310 wrote:
romansh wrote:Agree to what exactly, that everything was made to deceive me?

Are you going to clear up some of the logical inconsistencies you provided above?

Are you telling me that when you were 3 years old, you made decisions? No, you just believe what you were told. That's what I mean. Deception is part of our lives, you deceive others, and you deceive yourself too. Look into self deception.

Mum and Dad were lizards, so yeah. Duh.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#13062  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 09, 2019 3:47 pm

felltoearth wrote:
bogdan9310 wrote:

Are you going to clear up some of the logical inconsistencies you provided above?

Are you telling me that when you were 3 years old, you made decisions? No, you just believe what you were told. That's what I mean. Deception is part of our lives, you deceive others, and you deceive yourself too. Look into self deception.

Wait! You, too? There could be millions of us. Anthroptiles Anonymous!
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#13063  Postby romansh » Feb 09, 2019 4:55 pm

bogdan9310 wrote:

Are you telling me that when you were 3 years old, you made decisions?

I am sure I made some decisions, whether or not filch a cookie (biscuit). What toys to play with. Surely this is obvious. But have I been deceived by everything since I was a child? You are not deceiving me now?
bogdan9310 wrote: No, you just believe what you were told. That's what I mean.

Yes I likely was quite gullible at the age of 3 … Cito might argue I still am. But believe it or not that is not what you said in your original post in this thread.
bogdan9310 wrote:Deception is part of our lives, you deceive others, and you deceive yourself too. Look into self deception.

Quite possibly ... but that is not ... Everything you learned since you were a child was made to deceive you.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

#13064  Postby bogdan9310 » Feb 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
bogdan9310 wrote:

Wait! You, too? There could be millions of us. Anthroptiles Anonymous!

I am in the wrong place. :what:
bogdan9310

Name: Bogdan Bacosca
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13065  Postby bogdan9310 » Feb 09, 2019 7:01 pm

romansh wrote:
bogdan9310 wrote:

Are you telling me that when you were 3 years old, you made decisions?

I am sure I made some decisions, whether or not filch a cookie (biscuit). What toys to play with. Surely this is obvious. But have I been deceived by everything since I was a child? You are not deceiving me now?
bogdan9310 wrote: No, you just believe what you were told. That's what I mean.

Yes I likely was quite gullible at the age of 3 … Cito might argue I still am. But believe it or not that is not what you said in your original post in this thread.
bogdan9310 wrote:Deception is part of our lives, you deceive others, and you deceive yourself too. Look into self deception.

Quite possibly ... but that is not ... Everything you learned since you were a child was made to deceive you.

I agree I exaggerated a little bit, but to get attention. Some people might be like that, not you.
bogdan9310

Name: Bogdan Bacosca
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13066  Postby romansh » Feb 09, 2019 7:18 pm

bogdan9310 wrote:
I agree I exaggerated a little bit, but to get attention. Some people might be like that, not you.

OK we did have a bit of archibald's overegging here, fair enough. :)
So succinctly, what is your position?
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
romansh

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Philosophy