jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#181  Postby Destroyer » Feb 22, 2018 5:15 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
In theory, I do agree with that. But there are legitimate grounds for privacy/secrecy, at present. For example, there are many top scientists who are now familiar with my argument via private communication.

I'm starting to suspect this is all a conspiracy by Reynolds Wrap to sell more tin foil.

Maybe so. Time will tell.

It's telling pretty well right now, I think.

My time is nearly up for today. I will draw a close to this particular argument here.
Destroyer
 
Name: Patrick Mills
Posts: 1838
Age: 61
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#182  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks for making an absurd claim and not supporting it then, I guess?
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14257
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#183  Postby newolder » Feb 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Destroyer wrote:...

Having the appearance of uniformity, and actually being paradoxical, does not mean that there is no foundational substance to existence.

Do you think it means that there is a foundational substance to existence, then? If so, what is this substance? Covfefe? :coffee:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7308
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#184  Postby Sendraks » Feb 22, 2018 5:21 pm

I'm so glad he draws a close to these arguments. Without him deciding when the argument was over, who knows how long we might have flailed against the walls of the unassailable absurdity presented here.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15239
Age: 104
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#185  Postby Fallible » Feb 22, 2018 6:38 pm

He'll be back. He still has that cosmic revelation to unveil. He's definitely not just saying he has a cosmic revelation to unveil to make himself feel important. He's definitely going to make the revelation. Any day now.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#186  Postby Sendraks » Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Destroyer wrote: How do I know? I just do.

No, you do not "just know" this. You do not "just know" anything. No one does.

Bullshit.

Sendraks wrote:Knowledge is demonstrable.

Bullshit.

Sendraks wrote:If you cannot show how you know something, then you do not know something.

Bullshit.

Sendraks wrote:If you cannot provide evidence of what it is you know, then you do not know it.

Bullshit.

Sendraks wrote:If evidence of what you claim to know cannot be shown, period, then it cannot be known.

Bullshit.


Well; that about wraps it up I believe fam.


I'd still love to see KIR provide any sort of evidence or explanation that backs this little tirade up, although my guess is what just another one of his drunken nonsensical rants and any sort of coherent argument will not be forthcoming.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15239
Age: 104
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#187  Postby BlackBart » Feb 22, 2018 7:26 pm

Fallible wrote:He'll be back. He still has that cosmic revelation to unveil. He's definitely not just saying he has a cosmic revelation to unveil to make himself feel important. He's definitely going to make the revelation. Any day now.


Is his cosmic revelation, that is to say, his revelation that is cosmic, his?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12154
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#188  Postby laklak » Feb 22, 2018 8:11 pm

"Top scientists", eh? That's impressive, but I'd be more impressed by "Top NASA scientists".
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20761
Age: 66
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#189  Postby Sendraks » Feb 22, 2018 8:22 pm

laklak wrote:"Top scientists", eh? That's impressive, but I'd be more impressed by "Top NASA scientists".


Yeah, I'd be totally fucking impressed by that.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15239
Age: 104
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#190  Postby Fallible » Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

BlackBart wrote:
Fallible wrote:He'll be back. He still has that cosmic revelation to unveil. He's definitely not just saying he has a cosmic revelation to unveil to make himself feel important. He's definitely going to make the revelation. Any day now.


Is his cosmic revelation, that is to say, his revelation that is cosmic, his?


It is his, that it is, and it is as follows.

Ahem. Ahem-hem. AHEM!AHEM-HEM-HEM! AHEM!!
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#191  Postby Fallible » Feb 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Sendraks wrote:
laklak wrote:"Top scientists", eh? That's impressive, but I'd be more impressed by "Top NASA scientists".


Yeah, I'd be totally fucking impressed by that.


Top men. TOP. MEN.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#192  Postby BlackBart » Feb 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Fallible wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Fallible wrote:He'll be back. He still has that cosmic revelation to unveil. He's definitely not just saying he has a cosmic revelation to unveil to make himself feel important. He's definitely going to make the revelation. Any day now.


Is his cosmic revelation, that is to say, his revelation that is cosmic, his?


It is his, that it is, and it is as follows.

Ahem. Ahem-hem. AHEM!AHEM-HEM-HEM! AHEM!!


Does he have a second cosmic revelation?

That is to say he has a brace of revelations that are cosmic? That are his?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12154
Age: 58
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#193  Postby felltoearth » Feb 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
Nature appears to be homogeneous, does it not? That is misleading to ALL humanity! Paradoxes are great, I guess, if they are not masquerading for logic.


Low calorie word salad.

Zero nutrients.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 13712
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#194  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 22, 2018 11:10 pm

Well you know the goal wasn't to give any actual information. Apparently it was to blab to random people on the internet about something that needs to be kept secret, which is always a good idea.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14257
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#195  Postby surreptitious57 » Feb 23, 2018 3:26 am

Destroyer wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Destroyer wrote:
If the fact that Nature exhibits incompatible behaviors which ALL scientists are well aware of means that there
is ghost minds I guess you need to ask them about that then

Nature does not exhibit incompatible behaviours at all. The incompatibility is with the models that humans have
devised to explain how Nature functions. So you are confusing the map with the territory. They are not the same
One is merely an approximation of the other. That is where the incompatibility arises. If Nature was incompatible
it could not actually function and so there are no such things as ghost minds

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about. If the models do not demonstrate compatibility in Nature then compatibility cannot simply be assumed. If the territory only has the appearance of Reality but Reality actually happens
to differ ( because there is deliberate deception in Nature for example ) then no matter how hard one tries the models
will always show this discrepancy. So to say that the models are not the territory is complete and utter nonsense. With
out first knowing what the territory actually is - despite how it appears to be - one simply cannot assume that the models are not accurate descriptions

For the third time : the incompatibility is not with Reality or Nature but with the models describing Reality or Nature
Models are maps not the territory itself. And one definitely knows that models are not accurate descriptions but only approximations because science is inductive not deductive

Also the irony of you saying I have no idea what I am talking about when you cannot demonstrate paradox in Nature
yet assert it and say you know it exists because you just do
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10194

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#196  Postby surreptitious57 » Feb 23, 2018 3:46 am

Destroyer wrote:
Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity just wont succumb to reconciliation no matter how hard scientists strive

You do not possess future knowledge so your assertion cannot be demonstrated
You are still wrong because a theory of Quantum Gravity would reconcile them
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10194

Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#197  Postby surreptitious57 » Feb 23, 2018 3:54 am

Destroyer wrote:
It sure is a good thing that I know all the moves

You mean like how you know paradox exists in Nature because you just do
But thinking you know something and actually knowing it are not the same
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10194

Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#198  Postby Fallible » Feb 23, 2018 6:36 am

BlackBart wrote:
Fallible wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Fallible wrote:He'll be back. He still has that cosmic revelation to unveil. He's definitely not just saying he has a cosmic revelation to unveil to make himself feel important. He's definitely going to make the revelation. Any day now.


Is his cosmic revelation, that is to say, his revelation that is cosmic, his?


It is his, that it is, and it is as follows.

Ahem. Ahem-hem. AHEM!AHEM-HEM-HEM! AHEM!!


Does he have a second cosmic revelation?

That is to say he has a brace of revelations that are cosmic? That are his?


He, brackets Miss Dee Stroyer, close brackets, is going to say his revelation now. The next thing he says will be his revelation.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#199  Postby Destroyer » Feb 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Fallible wrote:He'll be back. He still has that cosmic revelation to unveil. He's definitely not just saying he has a cosmic revelation to unveil to make himself feel important. He's definitely going to make the revelation. Any day now.

Oh, I'll definitely be back, Fallible, just not in this thread. And that revelation that you keep referring to, is not mine, but God Himself.
Destroyer
 
Name: Patrick Mills
Posts: 1838
Age: 61
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: jamest: a Q&A session for serious questions

#200  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Do me a solid and tell your God that he's got to work on his delivery -- it's practically impossible to differentiate His cosmic revelations from deranged ranting.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
User avatar
SafeAsMilk
 
Name: Makes Fails
Posts: 14257
Age: 40
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest