Killing time

The reasons, the cure, why bother?

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Killing time

#81  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Incidentally, for me, custard comes before everything else. Marvel at my brutal honesty.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Killing time

#82  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Damn you and your delicious lactose laden custard! :lay:
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
 
Posts: 9171
Age: 39

Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#83  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2018 9:51 pm

I was fibbing about the custard.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#84  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Image
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
User avatar
Keep It Real
Suspended User
 
Posts: 9171
Age: 39

Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#85  Postby surreptitious57 » Feb 10, 2018 10:03 pm

I am not bringing that shit up again for you to read. If you have already forgotten it then good. Lets just deal with this and nothing else. You are not happy with how james conducted him self with regard to helping out KIR at Christmas. Obviously
you suspect ulterior motive. But both KIR and I have said this was not so. He helped him out because he could and he was
not expecting reciprocation. He even said that he did not want to be his friend. I cannot stop you thinking what ever you
want. But I can categorically state beyond all reasonable doubt that you are wrong. And I will not be discussing this with
you any more as the good act of james is being discredited here. It was a lovely gesture and that is my last word on this
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10193

Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#86  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2018 10:12 pm

I'm not 'not happy' with anything, you are only framing it that way. It was a minor issue that KIR raised here after you and I started disagreeing about brutal honesty. You don't seem to want to discuss that any more beyond making vague references to something you seem to think illustrates brutal honesty, which is a total waste of time unless you want to just appear like you've addressed something without actually doing so. You can't categorically state anything, because you apparently steadfastly refuse to deal with my actual words in favour of making a position up for me, and because neither you nor I can see into the mind of jamest, and because no one but you has even mentioned popularity as a motive, which you have now done twice without prompting. If you think this is all irrelevant and you want to stop talking about it, address that to the person who introduced the subject in the first place, who was not me, and stop making claims that someone is likely to disagree with you over because you can't back them up.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#87  Postby jamest » Feb 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Wow. Turn it in peeps. :nono:
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 18475
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Killing time

#88  Postby LucidFlight » Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Thommo wrote:Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the person here who is claiming that not only his life, but everyone else's as well, is just an endless drudge barely worth living the same person who frequently claims that if people adopted his outlook (he calls it a "philosophy") the world would be a peaceful, harmonious utopia? :scratch:

How the fuck does that compute?

That's because we are still caught in a time where the masses are brainwashed by the physicalist, darwinist, capitalist narrative, forced to consume from the trough of opiates provided by the media and ruling classes. Panem et circenses. If we are to awake from this slumber, we need to look to the philosophers as the guiding light, to bring world peace and true contentment through actualisation of the self.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10795
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#89  Postby Thommo » Feb 10, 2018 10:28 pm

LucidFlight wrote:That's because we are still caught in a time where the masses are brainwashed by the physicalist, darwinist, capitalist narrative, forced to consume from the trough of opiates provided by the media and ruling classes. Panem et circenses. If we are to awake from this slumber, we need to look to the philosophers as the guiding light, to bring world peace and true contentment through actualisation of the self.


But why are those already awake the ones who are unhappy? Is it the lack of opiates?

Are you trying to sell me opiates? Because I know a cartoon cat who tells me that drugs are bad mmkay?
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 27036

Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#90  Postby surreptitious57 » Feb 10, 2018 10:29 pm

I have already explained the reference to brutal honesty. I said that it is the quality I most admire in someone
and that james has this quality and I said that some can see certain characteristics in others but not everyone
can. Maybe you cannot. Maybe you can see other characteristics instead
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10193

Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#91  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2018 10:31 pm

I know what you said, I read it. You gave no examples, except that jamest said himself that honesty is important to him.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#92  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Thommo wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:That's because we are still caught in a time where the masses are brainwashed by the physicalist, darwinist, capitalist narrative, forced to consume from the trough of opiates provided by the media and ruling classes. Panem et circenses. If we are to awake from this slumber, we need to look to the philosophers as the guiding light, to bring world peace and true contentment through actualisation of the self.


But why are those already awake the ones who are unhappy? Is it the lack of opiates?

Are you trying to sell me opiates? Because I know a cartoon cat who tells me that drugs are bad mmkay?


Your level of involvement with cats continues to be disturbing.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#93  Postby Thommo » Feb 10, 2018 10:35 pm

Fallible wrote:Your level of involvement with cats continues to be disturbing.


User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 27036

Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#94  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Charly was the main reason I thought that England was populated by witches and their familiars when I arrived here.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#95  Postby surreptitious57 » Feb 10, 2018 10:45 pm

The point is more that I see it as the most important characteristic. Whether you agree with me or not is not the issue
It is purely subjective which means it is true for me. I see brutal honesty in james. You presumably do not. But it does
not make it any less true for me. That is all I am saying. Nothing else. So then your disagreement is entirely incidental
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10193

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Killing time

#96  Postby LucidFlight » Feb 10, 2018 10:59 pm

I often wonder to myself, to what extent do we waste time due to our poorly-exercised free will, and to what extent is this time-wasting an orchestration of God? If we are God, are we not, in effect, wasting our own time? Perhaps there is a purpose to this. Perhaps God is trying to wake us up to the fact that we are wasting time, by orchestrating feelings of dissatisfaction and unfulfillment within us. Could this be God's way of changing the world?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10795
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#97  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2018 11:00 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:The point is more that I see it as the most important characteristic. Whether you agree with me or not is not the issue
It is purely subjective which means it is true for me. I see brutal honesty in james. You presumably do not. But it does
not make it any less true for me. That is all I am saying. Nothing else. So then your disagreement is entirely incidental


Actually you were not saying that at all. You (twice) alluded to an exhibition of brutal honesty towards me that I have forgotten, meaning that you think I saw it too. Unfortunately you've gone all coy and won't tell me what you're talking about, which of course makes it impossible to verify your claim.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#98  Postby surreptitious57 » Feb 10, 2018 11:13 pm

You saw it because you actually participated in the thread in question. I refuse to bring it up as I have
no intention of resurrecting negative karma so it can stay exactly where it is as far as I am concerned
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57
 
Posts: 10193

Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#99  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2018 11:19 pm

You don't refuse to bring it up, you're the one who brought it up to begin with, and you keep hinting at it. You now seem to be acknowledging that you're not talking about your subjective view after all, if you're saying I saw it. If you're talking about what he said to me about the cancer, there was no brutal honesty there, only arrogance, a total lack of anything approaching self-awareness and crassness. If you're not referring to that, either tell me what you are referring to or stop pushing it.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Killing time

#100  Postby LucidFlight » Feb 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Let us consider this thread, for example. Are we wasting time here, or could something beneficial result from these philosophical exchanges? One hopes that these discussions are not in vain, and we can forge ahead with the continued revelation that we must release ourselves from this opium den created by a narrative which traps us in a daily grind of making enough money to buy food and perhaps that latest Xbox or PlayStation game we need to fill the void of our worthless, meaningless lives. A sea change is afoot, my fellow beings, and we must rise.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10795
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest